Mudita Pure: A List of Unanswered Questions

This isn’t a complaint, I’m not trying to hurry anyone at Mudita. But I thought I’d compile a list of questions I’ve come across that have been responded by Mudita staff saying that they would “check on it”. Hopefully this thread will make things easier. I really appreciate your guys’ responsiveness!

As of 02/07/2021.

GENERAL QUESTIONS:

1. Keyboard tactility. Inquiring about insight regarding the design approach for the feel and feedback of the keyboard. (Spongy, soft, clicky, firm, etc.) [1]

2. Voicer recorder file format & bitrate. [2]

3. Will all ringtones be acoustic like the sample tracks, or will there be more abstract tones as well? [3]

4. Will contacts have a category for birthdays — that then synchronizes with the calendar app? [4]

5. What will the final paint/material finish be like on the phones? Will it be a matte/brushed feeling, or more of a shiny/glossy feeling like pictured in the design update? [5]

6. Will the Mudita Center Desktop App be available on Android? [6]

7. Simultaneous DualSIM support. [7]

8. Is AAX (Audible) file format supported in the MP3 player? ie. Can audiobooks be loaded into the Music Player? [8]

MEDITATION TIMER APP:
Lots of general questions regarding the Meditation app functionality. [8]

1. Will there be a ‘streak’ system for tracking consecutive days of mediation?

2. Will the Meditation timer app automatically put the phone into do-not-disturb mode?

3. Multiple timer capability — ie. an alarm bell every 5 minutes for 30 minutes total.

4. Will there by an option for binaural audio, bells, etc. for meditation?

Let me know if there are any questions that you want answered that I missed! Again, not intended as nagging here. Just simplifying things a bit! I’m sure a few of these have been answered and I missed it. Perhaps we need a formal FAQ thread? Perhaps this is it…

Thanks!

4 Likes
  1. Use OpenAudible.org in order to convert your AAX files to mp3 :slight_smile:
4 Likes

Do you know of a converter for Kobo audiobook files?

2 Likes

@textbook_quest I’ve compiled an answer list for the GENERAL QUESTIONS regarding the phone. I’m working on the questions re: meditation app next :slight_smile: I’ve included your questions to make this more easy to navigate. Hopefully this helps.

Keyboard tactility. Inquiring about insight regarding the design approach for the feel and feedback of the keyboard. (Spongy, soft, clicky, firm, etc.) [1] Describing tactility in words (spongy / soft / firm) is a bit tricky because it may be slightly subjective. However, it’s definitely NOT sticky, spongy or soft. To ME, it has a smooth and consistent keystroke with a quiet click. Hopefully this helps.

Voice recorder file format & bitrate. [2 1 ] This has not been finalized yet.

Will all ringtones be acoustic like the sample tracks, or will there be more abstract tones as well? [3] Musician Nick Lewis to composed and recorded special, gentle and pleasant sounds which will be used as ringtones. He used a variety of instruments including: Guitar, Ukulele, Gitalele, Tibetan Bowls, Koshi Bells, Cymbals, Harf and more. The Desktop App you will have a File manager where you can add custom ringtones to use them later in Pure.

Will contacts have a category for birthdays — that then synchronizes with the calendar app? [4] There isn’t a specific field dedicated to birthdays. There is a NOTES field in each contact where you can put any extra info connected to that particular contact.

What will the final paint/material finish be like on the phones? Will it be a matte/brushed feeling, or more of a shiny/glossy feeling like pictured in the design update? [5] We are still finalizing the final finish on the front. The back part is finalized & will be a matte finish. The photos you see are not the final product+ the unnatural office light make the material look extra shiny.

Will the Mudita Center Desktop App be available on Android? [6] No, just a desktop app.

Simultaneous DualSIM support. [7] No. Only one SIM can be active at a time

Is AAX (Audible) file format supported in the MP3 player? ie. Can audiobooks be loaded into the Music Player? [8] The music player will support MP3, FLAC and WAV formats. From what I know (and I may be wrong) the AAX file extension is Audible’s proprietary format. Generally, AAX files are encoded by DRM and you can only listen to Audible audiobooks on assigned software. Of course, you can probably convert those files to MP3s in order to listen to them on Pure.

4 Likes

https://github.com/subdavis/kobo-book-downloader @kirkmahoneyphd :slight_smile: The beauty of free software :smiley:

3 Likes
  1. The four navigational directions, especially down, are bad, every other key is great. I’ve had a lot of dumbphones and this is great.
  2. There is no voice recorder.
  3. They’re all acoustic. Nick Lewis style.
  4. No.
  5. It’s matte. The screen and the keys look less matte than the body.
  6. I don’t think it will, can Android run Electron apps that have full stack USB access? I really wish it ran on my iOS tablet, would’ve been a great combo but alas :broken_heart:
  7. I don’t know (DualSIM isn’t my forte).
  8. No. Mp3, flac and wav only.
  9. No, thankfully. Use the notes app or a notebook.
  10. IDK but it seems to me at first glance that messages, at least, don’t get through. IMO it should not put it into DND since there is a readily available DND slider.
  11. There’s only handful of schedules available but chiming every 5 min for 30 total is one of them, yes.
  12. You wanna listen to music while you meditate, load up a song file instead. You can make one with all the bells and binaurals and chimes and guides you want, on your computer. I know I have some fave guided meditations I wanna bring over and use in the music player. That doesn’t seem like the job of a meditation timer app…?
1 Like

The calendar just shows you a calendar. You can see various months. It’s for finding out if the tenth is a Friday, that’s the extent of it. No holidays, no reminders.

1 Like

@sandra We are working on updating the software to make sure the calendar works.

2 Likes