Question about Meditation App + Ringtones

Two questions, second is sort of irrelevant but I didn’t want to clog up the forum with posts.

1. Will the Meditation Timer/App have a ‘streak’ system for tracking how many consecutive days you’ve meditated? (Something I love with Insight Timer)

2. Will all ringtones be acoustic music pieces or will there be minimalist tones as well? I’m thinking of some of the ones for Apple’s HomePod or from the movie, Her (2013).

Personally, I’m a huge fan of brief, optimistic tones. Like a single note on a piano with soothing resonance. I’m really looking forward to what the tones sound like, both ringtones and Meditation Timer sounds. Will we be able to hear more samples sometime soon?

1 Like

@textbook_quest I’m getting answers for you to these questions. I know that in the Desktop App you will have a File manager where you can add i.e. custom ringtones to use them later in Pure. This way, if you’re not a fan of the ring tones in Pure, you can always upload your own.

2 Likes

Thank you! Another question I just thought of is: Will the phone automatically enter ‘do not disturb’ mode while the meditation timer is running?

God knows how many times texts or calls have interrupted my meditation because I forgot to silence calls!

2 Likes

A very good point.

2 Likes

@textbook_quest Very good question. I will get back to you on that.

2 Likes

I’ll bandwagon here with another question/suggestion about the meditation app. Will there be an option to set multi-part meditation alarms? My zendo uses a 3-part format that I really enjoy: 20 minutes of sitting, 10 minutes of walking (kinhin), and 20 more minutes of sitting. If I could recreate this without being interrupted to set more alarms, that would be fantastic.

1 Like

Bonus points if the app has a simple set up like Insight Time for opening/closing bell noises plus the option for an ambient tone - binaural beats are so calming and nice.

If not, I guess I could just add some to my phone via the music app and try and get it to work, but having dedicated ambiance within the app would be killer!

1 Like

Agreed. The option for us to add the music we want, like binaural as you mentioned, through the desktop app would be also a big plus.

2 Likes

@anon30177574 Mudita moves to its own beat & sets the tempo for others to follow :slight_smile:

1 Like