What will the 'finish' be like on the plastic/paint? (Mudita Pure)

I know in the most recent update the photos weren’t finished product, but the main photo caught my eye — well really, all of the photos of the Pure did — as it looked like the finish was more of a semi-glossy plastic versus the matte and textured finish the Pure seems to have in marketing material.

Personally, I think the matte finish would be very unique and stone-like. Can someone confirm or deny that the finish will be matte (unlike what is pictured above)?

6 Likes

@textbook_quest I’m verifying this with our design department. I’m pretty sure the final finish will be matte black, but I want to get the confirmation from our design dept.

1 Like

I agree that the phones don’t look good in this particular picture.

2 Likes

@urszula , were you able to confirm this? The shiny plastic does indeed look unattractive and is different from previous models.

3 Likes

@Piotr_Fester I will follow-up with design again- The phones in the picture were test phones & the final product will be a bit different.

1 Like

I like the light color version, I hope they will be available.

1 Like

@Piotr_Fester Since we are still developing the molding form- the outside casing will change. We are aiming for the case to be as matte as possible, while still maintaining durability, scratch resistance & resilience.

5 Likes

Has there been any update on this? I see the pictures on the site have been updated, but the finish still looks rather shiny/glossy, unfortunately. The matte and almost sort of ‘rubberised’ look is very nice, but was perhaps only a digital mock-up?

2 Likes

That matte finish looked really cool, but I think it would scratch too easily.

1 Like

@john_dumpling @plotinus
It all depends on how you look at the phone. When we do take pictures in the studio with the phone- there is obviously artificial lighting & also flash with will impact the way the phone looks. Also- sometimes we take pix of our own prototypes which we are using/testing, which are not the final models. For example- My black Mudita Pure is a prototype from last year- definitely not the final version of the phone.
In our July 2021 we published some pix from our Varnish & Scratch Resistance Testing
You can see them here- that’s the final back case of the phone:

I think in the next update, which will be posted around the final NPI, I will get some pix of the actual phone.

2 Likes

Thank you Urszula, appreciate your response and look forward to the next update with more pictures :slight_smile:

1 Like