MUDITA PURE: Recording possible?

Greetings!
I just wonder if it would be possible to add the possibility to record audio files into the internal storage? It would be great to be able to choose format (mp3, ogg, wav) as well as bitrate.

Way back when there where no smartphones I had an Commodore EVIC mp3-player which was really great with an internal harddisk and the possibility to record through an internal microphone. The quality was quiet astonishing for such a device and I used it back then to made a series of podcasts.

6 Likes

@lowmofilms Thank you for reaching out. You’ll be happy to hear that the Mudita Pure does have a voice recorder, so you can record voice notes.

6 Likes

Thank you for your reply!
Do you know in what format these notes will be saved?
Can you change the bitrate?

4 Likes

@lowmofilms I will find out & get back to you :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@urszula: I know people who use audio-recording apps on their smartphones to record visits with their physicians. So, for this and other reasons, it’s great to see that the Mudita Pure will be able to record audio!

Were you able to get answers to the format and bitrate questions from @lowmofilms?

5 Likes

Id also be interested in if we can listen to said recordings on our laptops vis the mudita desktop app?

4 Likes

Just wondering if this is available somewhere and I’ve not found it as yet? There is no voice recorder on my Pure but I would love to have this function available…

4 Likes

@galtions Thanks for the question. From what I know that was something our team was hoping to implement, however, I believe it’s been put on the back burner since they have been focused on the essential functionalities. I will ask the team & I will get back to you.

4 Likes

As someone with a disability that leaves me low-vision or blind, I’d like to add a 1-touch recording feature would be enormously useful to me.

4 Likes

@dandelionc Thank you for reaching out. As someone who has bad eyesight & struggles to see in low light, I feel your pain.

Although the first gen Mudita Pure does not have a voice recorder, I will ask the team about the options for this feature in our next generation phones which they are currently working on.

4 Likes

Very glad to hear it has a recorder for voice notes!

3 Likes

@tlc The first gen Mudita Pure does NOT have a voice recorder.

3 Likes

A great audio grabber, is a way to help you record audios by customizing a variety of audio parameters, including the sample rate, codec, bit rate, and channel. You can choose to save recordings to several commonly-used audio formats like MP3, AAC, WAV, FLAC, M4A, and M4B.
audio-capture-set-format

1 Like