AAX audible format even possible?

Hello,
I was wondering if supporting aax audible formats is technically possible in the future? Just like Sandisk does with their mp3 players. I wouldn’t want to have to buy a separate mp3 player just to listen to my audiobooks :wink:
Thanks,

Marcin

2 Likes

I think even if you couldn’t, you could convert the format to one of the ones that does work on the phone.

I know, but it’s a pain in the butt, and I’d have to use more screen time for that… (what I want to avoid).

2 Likes

You got a point there. How many audio books do you think you could fit though if the phone only has 16GB of storage with no way to not only increase it, but it also housing all contacts, updates, the OS, alarms, etc?

You only need to fit one at a time… That’s the beauty of audible :wink:

3 Likes

Thanks for your comment. At this moment we do not have it on our roadmap. However, I will pass the idea onto our team. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@Marcin_Hakemer-Ferna use open audible it’s a great tool to convert fast :slight_smile:

1 Like

I have used this trick for a long time. Firstly, convert aax to mp3 formats by the audible converter. Then import the mp3 Audible books to Sandisk mp3 players for listening.

3 Likes

@John_Weems Thanks for the suggestion :slight_smile: I’m a HUGE fan of audiobooks & LOVE my Audible app.

1 Like

To listen to Audible files on MP3 players, you have to use an Audible to MP3 converter to convert AAX audible files to MP3. Like this, you can enjoy Audible on any other device.

1 Like

@Swift_Shawen Thank you so much for the suggestion. I will definitely check it out.

I just bought a converter to convert AAX to MP3 Mac. It can convert Audible books with 100% quality. Is that worth buying?

1 Like

Take it easy! To play Audible audiobooks on any MP3 player without limits, you can convert the AA/AAX audiobooks to MP3, M4A or other format by using UkeySoft Audible Converter. It is very easy to use, you can easily get high-quality MP3 audiobooks from Audible and listen to them on your SanDisk MP3 player.

1 Like

OpenAudible is 100% worth buying. I think it’s about £10 and will download, store in a library, convert and even split into chapters all of your audiobooks really seemlessly.

1 Like

@rhysjones This is a GREAT tip. I love Audible. I’ve been a member for YEARS. Waaaaay before they became part of the behemoth that is AMAZON. II think I signed up in the early 2000s.

Epubor Audible Converter is a professional AAX to MP3 player which supports to convert any Audible AAX file to any MP3 player supported MP3 format, not only for AudibleSync app supported MP3 players, but also for AudibleSync app non-supported MP3 players.

1 Like

There are not many MP3 players compatible with Audible. However, you can try to convert your AAX files to MP3 using DumpMedia Audible Converter. It can convert and download your AAX files to MP3 conveniently. And then you can put your converted files on your MP3 player. You don’t need to buy another player.

1 Like

I would like to know if you how you could listen to audio books on the Mudita Pure.

1 Like

This method requires you to be comfortable entering commands on the commandline, but you can batch-convert your audible aax files using Audible-Activator to obtain the encryption-key used to apply DRM to your audio-books, followed by FFmpeg to convert them to a suitable audio format:

It’s something along the lines of

./audible-activator.py my_audio_book.aax

(then enter username and password)
(activator displays the encryption key used for your ebook).

ffmpeg -activation_bytes (encryption key that was displayed) -i my_audio_book.aax my_audio_book.mp3

Please don’t share the decrypted files as that’d be rather unethical.

As far as I know, this is what powers services like Openaudible in the background.

1 Like

The Mudita audio player doesn’t allow to speed up the audio, so for me any conversions are now useless…

1 Like