Phone 'bugs' (list)

I’ve had the Mudita Pure for about 2 days. Here are some of the problems I’ve personally come across with the device in USA on a T-Mobile MVNO:
-Slider for online/dnd/offline does not respond (I see this may be fixed with 1.4.0) I have never seen the phone go into ‘offline’ mode when sliding down.
-When placing a call and selecting ‘speaker’ it does not go into speakerphone mode.
-Signal shows ‘x…’, but I can place calls and send texts. When connected to Mudita center it will show 2/3 bars but say ‘not connected’.
-APN is missing fields to enter and does not save when adding fields that are there.
-Messages get delivered out of order, but only sometimes.

I have latest OS and have done factory resets and turned on/off many times. Nothing changes. The signal issue is the biggest problem. Very pleasant device, but it can not call/text reliably. I sense it is going to be a long road ahead till this device even works OK. The Pure can not be a daily driver in it’s current form, as it’s only 2 primary functions of calling and texting barely work.

2 Likes

@albatross87 Thanks you for taking the time to write all of this out. I will pass this on to the devs & once I have some feedback, I will address each point.

2 Likes

Thank you for the reply. I understand this device is ‘new’ and things are being addressed. The cell signal display on the phone showing x… no servie, but Mudita center showing 2/3 bars is my main concern at the moment. I suspect more people have a signal, but just assume that they do not because it is not displaying correctly. Maybe some others on the forum can compare their actual phone display to what Mudita Center is showing. I have also tried 2 different sim cards both on tmobile MVNO’s. The signal shows x… with both, but has 2/3 bars in Mudita Center.

2 Likes

@albatross87 Could you please submit your logs to our team via Mudita Center?

Also, what is the serial number of your phone? Our team would really like to check this out.

I just sent a short message about the signal issue and my serial number.

1 Like

@albatross87 Thanks.

Another problem has arisen. I haven’t been able to find anything about it yet and hope that I don’t write a double post now.

I tried to make a call. I entered the number and pressed the call button. Nothing happened. So I pressed the call button three more times. Without any reaction. After a few minutes, the four calls reached the called phone. One after the other. What lucky that I called my own landline phone and did not annoy anyone terribly.

2 Likes

@thilodus Let me see if I understand this correctly, you attempted to call a phone number without being able to reach it. (Pure was not responsive to your pressing of the call button) However, after you stopped pressing the CALL button, those previous four attempted calls came in at the same time, with a delay?
In the end those four phone calls were made, but with a noticeable delay.
Did I sum this up correctly?

Yes. Absolutely correct!

1 Like

Can you duplicate this problem or was this a one time thing? I have not experienced any issues like this so far.

Update: I am not sure what happened, but after my SIM card was in the phone about a week, the signal display is now showing 2/3 bars of service fairly consistently. It is also matching Mudita Center and shows my proivder instead of saying ‘No Connection’. Like I said, even when it was displaying x…, everything still worked. Very Strange.

@thilodus I’m going to report this. What’s the serial number of your phone? Could you please submit your logs to Mudita via Mudita Center?

Here are the instructions:

Log file sent. 29164960373252

1 Like

@thilodus Our team is currently diagnosing the problem.

1 Like

Thank you. By the way, the problem only happened once. I did a factory reset afterwards and everything has been fine ever since.

1 Like
  • When texting and chosing option “Abc” for a capital letter at the beginning of the next word, this simply gets ignored and a small letter appears. It works only at the beginning of a sentence after “.”. My language setting is German.

• Notification about a new text message remains visible at start-screen even after the message has been read. This occurs irregularly.

2 Likes

@thilodus Thanks for the feedback. My Pure also has the issue with the text messages. The way it disappears for me is once I open the message. Does tat happen for you?

No. The notification stayed visible even after I replied to the message showing as new on the home screen.

1 Like

@thilodus I’ve reported the bugs to our team.

1 Like

I’m not sure if it’s a bug or if I’m not very experienced as a user, but my outgoing calls are always anonymous. My phone number is not sent. Can i change this?

1 Like