New sim..still not working

Yup…as always I should have listened to Jose lol

1 Like

I am going to get a shirt says that says : When in doubt…listen to Jose

2 Likes

I should produce them as merch lol

Yup I am going to sign uo for freedom…at most I lose 15 bux this month plus 35 with the other phone plan…worth it if it works…no big deal if it does not

Do it man…I will buy it lol

You are the best phone reviewer on you tube BAR NONE

@cardio79 I think we should all have a shirt like that :smiley:

BOOM…I am getting 2 shirts made…1. Always listen to Jose…and Always listen to Urszula…I ran out got a freedom sim…Everything works…texts in and out…calls…100 percent the phone will work on Freedom in canada …I am off for the weekend with my family AND the mudita pure…wooooooooooooooooooo…

2 Likes

Good to hear. Glad the phone is working well now. It’s good to know that Freedom Mobile will work :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I received my new phone last week and cannot seem to make it work effectively with a Mint Mobile sim card. Mint Mobile uses the T-Mobile infrastructure, and the proper bands are nearby, so Mint cannot understand why it does not work consistently. Calls are dropped and text messages are hit or miss. (About 40% go through at this point.) Has anyone had a different experience with Mint Mobile? Thank you!

2 Likes

@alison_mudita are you in the US?

Sorry, yes, I’m in the U.S.

1 Like

@alison_mudita Thank you for your quick answer. Not all subsidiaries work.
That said, many user have reported that just switching a SIM card from another, previously used phone does not always work. It’s much better to get a brand new sim card & to make sure it’s not a 5G sim card because Mudita Pure does not support 5G.
Here’s a thread which you might be interested in:

This is just how it works tbh. No carrier is optimized for the Mudita Pure due to the modem switching APN’s and bands all the time to ensure low SAR. The not working consistently is a matter of the hardware and software not being very optimized. They are working on updates, but it may not end up in resolving your issues.

2 Likes

Thank you. The thread was helpful but confusing. I’m reluctant to pay $10 for a new sim card without knowing the reason a new one may work better than my existing one (which Mint Mobile confirms is in good working order), but I suppose it’s worth a try. I’ll report back.

1 Like

Just the way it is…i thought it was suppose to work on public mobile here in canada…it did not…then I switched the pc mobile…was able to call but texting outbound did not work…then I switched again to freedom mobile…costing me like 60 dollarsish…but now the phone works…so yeah it sucked to have to spend the money but I got it working…definitely for you guys in the states its a very uphill battle with this phone

1 Like

Thanks. That’s really helpful to know. I saw your earlier comment and looked into Freedom Mobile, but it’s not a good option for me. I’d pay triple my current costs, and I’m also prepaid for almost a year with Mint (which is part of their pricing model).

2 Likes

@alison_mudita: I’m on Mint Mobile in the USA. I cancelled my long-time order for a Pure after realizing that it would not support group texting, which I need.

If you cannot get the Pure to work for you, then I have a recommendation: the Sunbeam Wireless F1. I have the F1 Orchid, which works well on Mint. I am hoping that Mudita will release its next cellphone with better connectivity as well as group-texting support, but the Orchid until then is my anti-smartphone favorite on Mint.

By the way, Mint supports 4G/LTE bands 2, 4, 5, 12, 66, and 71, and both the Mudita Pure and the Sunbeam Wireless F1 “overlap” those Mint bands for 4G/LTE bands 2, 4, 5, and 12.

3 Likes

I actually ended up getting the Sunbeam F1 horizon Bluebird last week. My light phone which i had enjoyed ended up not having certain features like group text messaging stop working for me here in canada. I actually love the blue bird. I don;t love the flip form factor but it has the directions app waze on it which is HUGE for me. Love that app and to have it on a dumbphone is just awesome. Its build way better as well than the previous sunbeams feels more solid

1 Like

@cardio79 I love how cute the Bluebird is

It’s also surprisingly thin when it’s folded.

Did you hear, we opened a Mudita outlet online store when we are selling discounted Mudita Pure phones, if you want to go back to your first love :slight_smile: