New sim..still not working

Now I am getting frustrated. Inserted a new sim card I got from public mobile…still can’t make calls…put it in sim one then sim 2 tested both…nothing. Only chance now is to switch to freedom mobile. If that does not work or someone can help on this forum I have to return this phone which is such a shame

2 Likes

Doing a factory reset now…really hope this works

2 Likes

Nope…waste of 10 bux on a sim…very frustrated…will try freedom and thats it I can’t keep spending money on sims

1 Like

Phone is connected it shoes bars but it does not dial out

1 Like

Last chance for me is to try on freedom mobile…luckily my public mobile account cancels next week…so If the freedom sim does not work most likely go back to the punkt…I was patient before now I can say I am frustrated lol…

3 Likes

@cardio79: Thank you for the updates here, even though I earlier cancelled my order due to the lack of group-texting support.

I believe that Mudita is fortunate to have several people in Canada and the USA who ordered the Pure through “community pre-sale” or crowdfunding sites. To me, they represent a valuable source of pre-launch testers of Mudita’s next cellphone, should there ever be one.

Although the Pure supports 2G and 3G and 4G/LTE, 2G is already dead in the USA and Canada. Plus, 3G support will be meaningless in the USA after 2022 and will be meaningless in Canada after 2025.

If Mudita ever has beta-testers in Canada before the end of 2025, then ideally those beta-testers could turn off the 3G portion of the cellular radio.

In contrast, American beta-testers after 2022 will be able to evaluate any Mudita cellphone only on 4G/LTE – or beyond, if Mudita adds 5G support, for example. (Given that AT&T Mobility and Verizon Wireless never ‘certified’ the Pure, and given that T-Mobile USA has shut down both its legacy 3G network and Sprint’s 3G network, Pure users today seem to be stuck with using only 4G/LTE in the USA.)

1 Like

So I am screwed basically lol

1 Like

Gonna give it one more try with Freedom mobile …its honestly very disheartening …something so simple is so complicated

1 Like

This is why I shared what I shared on my YouTube review. I think Mudita is a great device IF it works. Otherwise, just wait until all the bugs are fixed. These issues are present in the US, Canada, Germany, and other countries if you peruse the forums.

I get the appeal for the phone, but until it works as advertised, the Light Phone 2 will continue to be my device for personal. I can consider the Pure for work, but until it works, it will be in my phone’s drawer.

3 Likes

Here is my question…yesterday when I popped in the sim I got messaged from my wife I could respond to them…the phone had bars on it…why the hell can I not make a phone call??

1 Like

@urszula confirmed the phone works on Freedom mobile so it should work when I go in a few hours to switch providers

1 Like

Although I am looking at the other posts and people said it won’t I don’t think I have it in me to go and check again…honestly exhausted…wait for the device it comes…I am charged duties and now the damn thing can’t even work…I think at this point I have no choice but to return the phone…so utterly dejected honestly…at least I will get refunded the duties. Never had his issue with Punkt or LP2 both startups as well that had none of these issues

1 Like

I never actually bought the freedom sim and put it in because the guy said if it does not work on rogers it won’t work on freedom…honestly Mudita has so confused me…you have certifications for Canada on the phone and this is what we have to go through? I am so unbelievably frustrated …part of me wants to buy the freedom sim and try the other part of me just knows it won’t work

1 Like

The only way to truly test whether it works or not is to pop the SIM in and test. It’s frustrating, but it’s the reality of the phone as of right now.

2 Likes

I got the phone to work…anyone in CANADA…I CAN CONFIRM…the mudita will work if it has a PC mobile sim card in it. Bell canada owns pc mobile. So happy my phone works and I can keep it!..edit…texting is an issue…texts comin but they don’t go out…weird cause with the other sim texting in and out was no issue, but I couldn’t call out…now I can call out but have texting issues lol…god help me!

1 Like

@cardio79 That’s GREAT.
Do you have the most up-to-date MuditaOS installed?

1 Like

Yup, just checked. It’s honestly very frustrating to have one thing work and then the other thing texts now not working. Unless I am missing something. I plugged the phone into Mudita centre and it says I am up to date

1 Like

@cardio79 Since you have the most up-to-date software, could you please send logs to our devs via Mudita Center. This way, they can figure out why one feature is working & the other is not. Also, send me your serial number, please.

1 Like

1 Like

Just sent the log…please tell them this is the only thing I need fixed or I have to send the phone back and I don’t want too :frowning: Also I am leaving town for the weekend and will not be back till Sunday