New sim..still not working

@cardio79 I’ve passed this on to the devs. Let me know once you have sent the logs to Mudita via Mudita Center.

Also quick question because I am not a techy person. How could they fix this issue if my phone is with me

Sent them already

Have they solved this issue before for someone?

1 Like

Also let them know with my previous provider public mobile I could send and receive texts easily but could not call out or receive phone calls

@cardio79 I recall an issue earlier this spring where signal was good, phone calls were received & made without a problem, but text messages were sporadic or delayed. It was an issue with some settings.

Part of me is like, well I always wanted to have a phone that is just a phone lol. I can receive texts if I ever need to do confirmations when logging into banking online etc

I honestly just LOVE this phone so much. I have never went to such lengths to get a phone to work lol. It is the best dumbphone I have ever held in my hands period.

1 Like

I did sent out some test texts to friends seeing if they respond back…hoping maybe the text not send thing is just a bug maybe…

1 Like

Also another question how do I use punctuation while texting? I figured the 1 in the key board is a period but how do you u input a question mark, comma etc?

1 Like

I am leaving in about 4 hours out of town so if you don’t hear back from me , if you need any more info from me I will not be back till Sunday

1 Like

Key pressing 1. There are other symbols. Sorry about your odyssey. I hope it works out.

1 Like

Any ideas why phone calls now work…texting messaging to me works…but when I text out to people they don’t go through and show up as not sent?

1 Like

Alright. There are a couple of probable causes here

1. The hardware and modem of the phone act up with different SIM cards due to the modem not being able to ping the APN settings properly all the time.
  2. Carrier certification issues and different bands do not play well with the modem.
  3. Software configurations for SMS and MMS vary on the phone and are not optimized for your area.

There are more, but those are my initial impressions.

1 Like

K but what I don’t get is what is the difference between incoming and outgoing texts? If one is working how is the other not working?

1 Like

So in the mudita centre my phone is recognized so it knows the phone is connected but it says no connection…so I don’t have the latest update…I have 1.2.1…wndering if this is causing the texting issue

1 Like

Actually it is connected…why is it not downloading the latest version.??

1 Like

Latest version is 1.2.1

2 Likes

I may actually switch to freedom mobile lol…if the mudita team can’t fix this issue…had to pay 35 bux yesterday to start with pc mobile…but its no contract…but dammit I really want this phone to work lol

1 Like

Well… It is trial and error as I said before. Hope it works, and if it doesn’t, now you know the rationale behind my thoughts and review.

1 Like