US Service Providers

As a follow up: the new SIM card for T Mobile did not work for me. I tried H2O wireless and so far (one day) it has been working well. We’ll see if it lasts but this may be a good option for some US users.

3 Likes

One of our users pointed out that when you request a new sim card from a carrier, they might be sending you a 5G sim card, which would not work with Mudita Pure. You might need to specify that they should NOT be sending you a 5G card. I’m glad it you found a way for it to work with H20 wireless.

3 Likes

Hey there, I am also in the US and have tried US Mobile, but it stopped working after two weeks. You’re the second person I’ve seen say that h2o wireless is working. The other person hasn’t replied yet, but is your phone still working?

3 Likes

I am currently using the MVNO, Red Pocket Mobile, and am having success with calls and texts on their AT&T network, but the APN settings they require for data access are absent from the Pure’s settings menu. Hence, it can access LTE for calls and texts, but has no data connection to share with my Windows laptop (I am using Windows 10 and it establishes a connection with the Pure). I am hopeful there will be a solution to enable tethering in my situation.

@urszula @Bartosz_sp2fet So, I recommend Red Pocket Mobile as an MVNO, it works with Pure and has agreements with all the major carrier networks. All of the network options require extensive APN settings to enable unhindered LTE access, except their CDMA network, which requires no APN settings, just for your information; I have not tested any but the AT&T network.

3 Likes

This is a list of APN settings my MVNO (carrier) requires for unhindered access to the LTE network:

Name: Red Pocket Mobile

APN: ERESELLER

Proxy: Not set

Port: Not set

Username: Not set

Password: Not set

Server: Not set

MMSC: http://mmsc.mobile.att.net

MMS proxy: proxy.mobile.att.net

MMS port: 80

MCC: 310

MNC: 410

Authentication Type: None

APN type: default,supl,mms,fota

APN protocol: IPv4/IPv6

Bearer: Unspecified

I’d say two of these settings are available on the Pure’s settings page, and even after inputting APN type, after saving the Pure immediately wipes the settings. Essentially, the issue lies with the carrier AND Mudita

3 Likes

@eparker Thanks for reaching out. I think your question would be best addressed by @Bartosz_sp2fet. Unfortunately many of our tech team members are out for the Holidays, so I will make sure to ping him about this issue when he comes back after the New Year. He’ll be happy to answer all your APN questions upon his return :slight_smile:

3 Likes

I’ve been using Ting Mobile and it works well enough.

2 Likes

@catan Is Ting on the T-mobile network?

1 Like

Yes. We live a little out in the country and I still get 3 bars. No service further out though (same as when I had T-mobile).

2 Likes

Hey! Any updates on which network carriers work with Mudita right now? I am visiting the US and am having trouble finding a compatible network. Thanks :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon9381762 T-Mobile is your best bet. However, @Jose_Briones might have some other tips for you.

2 Likes

I’m interested in finding out if the AT&T issue is panning out. Has anyone had any luck with maintaining some service on AT&T MVNOs? I know that it was a tricky situation because you could get blocked, but did anyone manage not to get blocked?

Hi there! From what we know - nothing changed. We still recommend T-Mobile. Pure will not work with AT&T

1 Like

Hello! Congratulations on your new Mudita! Living in a rural area in Kentucky, it’s essential to find a reliable service provider that offers good coverage and connectivity. Both AT&T and T-Mobile are viable options, but Google Fi is also worth considering. Here’s some information to help you make an informed decision:
AT&T Internet is known for its extensive coverage in rural areas, which could be beneficial for you. It offers a variety of plans and often has good network reliability. T-Mobile has been working to expand its coverage in rural areas. It offers competitive plans and may be a suitable choice if its coverage reaches your location. Google Fi uses a unique approach by combining the networks of multiple carriers, including T-Mobile, Sprint, and U.S. Cellular. It intelligently switches between networks to provide the best possible coverage and speed. Google Fi is known for its fair pricing and flexibility.

Before making a decision, it’s a good idea to check the coverage maps of each provider to see which one has the best coverage in your specific area. Additionally, consider the type of plans they offer and whether they align with your usage needs and budget.

To gather real-world experiences and advice, you can ask friends, neighbors, or colleagues in your area who use these providers. Online reviews and forums can also provide valuable insights into the experiences of other users.

1 Like

Hi! Thank you for your feedback! However, please note that Pure will only work with T-Mobile in the US.

1 Like

Hi, I’m a US citizen living in New Hampshire interested in the pure. How is service and tethering fairing in 2024?

1 Like

Hi! We’re happy to have you here :slight_smile: Nothing should change in 2024 in US. We still recommend using T-Mobile. Please bear in mind that Pure’s low SAR antenna might have difficulties connecting to network in some areas. However, please be advised that Pure is no longer being manufactured and we have no more units in stock.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply! I’m sorry to hear there’s no more units coming out. Why is that?

2 Likes

We are focusing our efforts on Pure’s successor that will be released next year. We aim to provide a better solution based on feedback received from Pure users.

2 Likes