US Service Providers

I have a Windows 11 machine. Maybe it works with 10.

4 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd I’ve just escalated this issue. I think it might just be that specific device because there were a few reviews stating that tethering does work.
@Jose_Briones what’s the serial nr of your device? Can you please DM it to me.
You can find it under settings. Thanks.

3 Likes

Hi!
Do you have a problem with the tethering at all, or you have set up your Pure for tethering correctly and you don’t have any connection? Those are two different things :wink: OS-wise, the network provider has nothing in common with the tethering functionality.

@kirkmahoneyphd I’ve personaly tested tethering for Windows (up to 10, I didn’t have 11 when I was working on it), Linux and macOS (from 10.14 to 12.3) and passed detailed instructions on how to set up the tethering (which will/should be included in the nearest release of the user guide) - I can assure that tethering on Windows works.

We’re trying to test if Windows 11 is the issue there - I will let you know guys.

4 Likes

@Bartosz_sp2fet Thank you for jumping on here & explaining it.

4 Likes

7 Likes

@Jose_Briones @kirkmahoneyphd @urszula

Confirmed, even after installing modem driver under Windows 11, the modem is not usable under Windows - definitely Quectel’s driver issue - works up to Windows 10. Unfortunately, we can’t do much about it - we will inform them and try to get the working driver as soon as possible, but we don’t develop the driver on our own :frowning:

We did write to Quectel about the driver issue - just for your information :slight_smile:

6 Likes

@Bartosz_sp2fet Thanks for prioritizing the issue. Please let us know when you hear back.

4 Likes

This was my suspicion. Oh well… We’ll have to wait.

3 Likes

Hello,
I think it would be very helpful to have a clear list of service providers that work with Mudita. Maybe start another thread? I am not able to get my pure to work as of yet and it is starting to get a little frustrating. It should not be this hard to get a phone to work.
Did H2O Wireless work right away? Did you have to put in APN information by hand?
Is it normal that the APN settings don’t have any MMS fields?
So far Tello and it looks like Good2Go mobile will not work with mudita.
Thank you for your replies.

3 Likes

I like your suggestion! Plus, that thread eventually could become a table that Mudita maintains somewhere.

Also, thanks for the reminder about APN data. Some providers auto-populate the APN data, while others make users do this manually. It would be super-wonderful to have the APN instructions in that table, too.

5 Likes

H20 auto populated . The reality is that Mudita is going to be hit or miss depending on the area. Some areas will work easily and others won’t.

5 Likes

Thank you I ordered my H2OWireless sim cards. If that doesn’t work we will have to request a refund and look for another option. Appreciate all the replies and all those participating in helping Mudita be a success.

4 Likes

@jgessentials @kirkmahoneyphd Starting a separate thread would be a GREAT idea. The only thing I would be concerned about when making such declarations is coverage area in the US, because not all service providers work in every are of the US. Unlike the US, in Europe, coverage is universal & no single operator has a monopoly over a certain area.
Many potential Mudita Pure users often tell us-“I would love to get the phone, but T-mobile doesn’t provide coverage in my area.”
Although specific operators do provide services to specific countries, there is generally widespread network coverage & even if I travel abroad in the EU, my phone will work as it does in Poland. Is it the same in the US?
If you have T-mobile & your home area is covered, will you be able to get service when you travel all over the US? What about when you go to areas where T-mobile doesn’t have service? What happens? Does your phone not work then?

3 Likes

Any word on Cricket?

3 Likes

Does not work. ATT enforces their IMEI rule with cricket so it does not work.

4 Likes

@numbcoffee and @love88 Could you please help us understand how you were able to activate your Boost Mobile pre-paid sim cards with your Pure? I tried a number of times online. It says it can be activated by I must call to do it. When I call the representative says the Mudita Pure Cannot be activated bc it does not show as a compatible device. I am in the United States. Could this be the reason?

I have gone through a variety of sim cards to try to get my Pure to work. Tello (Sprint/TMobile) did not work bc not compatible. Simple Mobile (TMobile), same - did not work. Good 2 Go (AT&T and TMobile) did not work.

Finally H20 Wireless (AT&T) worked! however, the network is so terrible where I live. I have to walk outside in the yard to even get a signal. I saw Urszula share the posts about Boost Mobile and thought since they use both AT&T and TMobile that I would have better connection.

Please if anyone has any suggestions, I’d love your feedback. I have emf sensitivity and waited nearly two years for this phone. When I am able to get a signal using H2O, the antennae on the Pure doesn’t hurt me or cause any issues. This is so hard to find these days, so I really want to make it work.

Thanks in advance for your help!

PS: I really think a clear list of sim cards that actually work with the Pure, organized by country, should be distributed with the phone and regularly updated. Customers should not need to do what I have done testing and failing, and going without a reliable phone for weeks.

4 Likes

The issue with the suggestion about the SIM cards and providers is that it varies by region even with the same carrier. You mention that Simple Mobile doesn’t work for you, but it does work for me. So it’s very variant depending on the region. If H20 worked, I recommend you stick to them. The antenna dropping the connection is normal due to how the Mudita Pure operates in the North American market.

2 Likes

Thanks @Jose_Briones H20 is the first that technically works, but I have zero reception in and around my home, as well as many areas in town. It is not a matter of dropping connection. An “x” shows on the Pure, and I do not receive any calls or texts at all. That is not going to work.

Are there any other providers that have worked for others in California (specifically northern California)?

I think that if the only network that works with the Pure is AT&T (or some version), then this should be stated very clearly prior to purchase. (Punkt does that).

4 Likes

I see what you mean. In that case, T-Mobile and it’s MVNOs are the only networks that the Pure is good in the US for. The Mudita Pure does not have the certification for AT&T and Verizon.

2 Likes

I purchased a Google Fi card which seemed to show 0 bars / no signal most of the time pre OS update.

Post OS update to >1.20 it looks like there is a now a mostly active signal.

Figured I’d make an account and post something here in case it helps someone else out who is frustrated. I currently reside in Nashville, TN, USA.

6 Likes