Reviews of Mudita Pure

mine stopped creaking as much when i picked it up this morning, but the more i use it the more it starts creaking again. especially when pressed softer than harder.

2 Likes

Howā€™s charging speed? How long does it take to get to 100%

Also @joel if you can tell us your experience.

2 Likes

Hi,
Mobile hotspot, like @Jose_Briones said, requires WiFi hardware, which is not included in our boards. Mobile data is disabled on purpose, and tethering works via forwarding the USB packets from the modem to the PC - itā€™s a passthrough.
So when you consider the lack of the WiFi module in our phones the answer is clear - we canā€™t provide you with a mobile, wireless hotspot.

Playing through the headphones port is done by a physical audio codec - itā€™s ā€œdirectlyā€ connected to the Jack, so no loss of quality will be observed.

1 Like

But via Bluetooth? Not wifi, but still wirelessā€¦ (i donĀ“t want this functionality myself thoughā€¦ USB-cable will do just fine!)

1 Like

Regarding Bluetooth, it might be doable, but it would involve a lot of work as right now we just passthrough the USB packets from the modem to the PC - we would need to act as a target for the modem, set up the IP stack in the OS and then pass it via Bluetooth. Please also consider the limited data rate of BT tethering - it could be unacceptable with some hard data usage sites.

On the other hand, syncing with Mudita Center via Bluetooth should be much easier to do. Iā€™ll pass the idea further :wink:

2 Likes

Hello ! Iā€™m asking to those who have receive their pure : are you happy with it ? Does it work fine ? We donā€™t hear you so muchā€¦ Please, step up ! Weā€™ll be happy to read what you think and what your experience is like, even if itā€™s a few words.

2 Likes

Maybe only very few phones have been delivered. Very strange that only two people have commented that seems to have got the phone delivered. And no phones sent to any ā€professionalā€ reviewers. I Will soon cancel my orders if i donā€™t get an estimated delivery MONTH at least. You donā€™t have to publish it in public here. But send me a PM or an email.

8 Likes

Certainly I would like to see this feature implemented too. Wired tethering is great, but it wonā€™t be suitable for all scenarios or devices, where-as Bluetooth tethering is probably going to be more compatible with tablets and other devices that canā€™t accept a wired tethering connection to tbe Pureā€¦

3 Likes

Iā€™m starting to think a bit like you. Maybe they realy donā€™t know how to say there is two months of extra-delayā€¦ But i would keep my order if there were some good feedbacks from those who have receive the phonesā€¦

5 Likes

@anon51628811 @anon83104943 We are just getting feedback from backers in the US whose phones were shipped the week of DEC 6th. Due to some serious backlog in shipping (Courier issues) they are just receiving their phones. One personā€™s phone sat in a Berlin Fedex sorting center for almost 10 days. Another package was stuck in the Memphis, TN sorting center for a week. We knew that there was some delays in shipment, but we didnā€™t expect this much chaos.

2 Likes

If Mudita Pure is a fully operational device and shipping is started, I donā€™t understand why the company has not published a great promotional spot with an in-depth review of the device. It is a huge marketing mistake. This calls into question the credibility of the company and its products. I think the same as @anon51628811 @anon83104943 .

3 Likes

I just hope Mudita wonā€™t be another ā€œTheranosā€ company :smiley:

1 Like

@alexiluro Thanks for the feedback. Initially, we were actually planning on sending out several devices to prominent individuals in the cell phone industry for reviews, such as @Jose_Briones . However, our management made the decision not to do that until all crowdfunding backers receive their phones. We know our crowdfunding backers have been waiting patiently for Mudita Pure. We wanted them to be the ones to have it first. We know that, perhaps, from a marketing perspective, sending the phone out to influencers would have created more buzz & resulted in more exposure. However, we believe that it could have hurt the feelings of our Backers. They waited so long for their device & here we are sending out free copies to influencers & reviewers because it makes more marketing sense. When in reality, we were only able to develop this product due to our loyal Backers. Before them, Mudita Pure was just an idea. Our BACKERS were the ones who took helped make the idea of Mudita Pure into reality!

9 Likes

Iā€™m a backer too so Iā€™m excited to get mine :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@anon83104943 I addressed the reason why we decided not to send the phone to professional reviewers below. It was because we wanted our Backers to have the phone first, since the were the ones who made this project possible & backed our project as far back as 2019.

4 Likes

Iā€™m anxiously waiting for more reviews, especially from a customer using Verizon in the USA. Iā€™m in a rural part of the USA where coverage from T-Mobile is not available, AT&T is sketchy, but Verizon seems to provide the best coverage. However, my current phone (iPhone 5s) doesnā€™t often indicate LTE connectivity unless I get closer to one of the larger towns. When I go to a large city, sometimes it says No Service, because it doesnā€™t have VoLTE capability, so I need to upgrade. I would REALLY like to ā€œgo Pureā€ so I hope itā€™s successful.

1 Like

Nicole. I donā€™t want to crush your dreams, but just provide some expectation.

The Quectel modem that the Mudita Pure uses is technically capable of connecting to the Verizon network. However, due to the lack of PTCRB certification, an AT&T and Verizon stamp of approval essentially, the phone can be kicked out of the network (AT&T or Verizon) at any time.

Some people never get kicked out, but others will do. We have seen this happen with other phones (Pinephone) that use the same Quectel modem. I just wanted to provide this information as you make your decision.

4 Likes

So, is T-Mobile the only ā€œsafeā€ provider to use in the USA with a Mudita Pure?

1 Like

Iā€™m not an audiophile but the sound quality isnā€™t as good as Iā€™d expect.

1 Like