Bluetooth tethering

Thanks for getting in touch @alessio_17! Our desktop app can be installed on Windows, MacOS or Linux operating systems, which is necessary to use the tethering functionality., whether it’s tethering via USB or Bluetooth. However, I have spoken to the team and they’ve informed me that they are still working on this so I can’t confirm anything.

If there are any further updates in terms of Bluetooth to tablet tethering, I will let you know.

3 Likes

@anon32618512 whats the update on this? thank you

1 Like

Ditto — very interested in this.

1 Like

Hi,

thank you for your posts.

We are still working on that. This is on our core feature list so even if somehow we don’t have it for the release - we will add it in an update. But as of today we are still aiming to include this feature in the first release.

Let’s leave this thread open and I will update you once I have more news on this topic.

Have a great week!
Lukasz

5 Likes

Do we have any updates on Bluetooth tethering at this point?

2 Likes

Wait, what? Is this true? It doesn’t use any kind of standard (so that it can work on, for example, tablets)?

2 Likes

@sandra- I will tag @Wojciech_Cichon in this post so he can help answer this question.

1 Like

The thing is that tethering will work through USB without Mudita Center, HOWEVER we give no guarantees as to how it will work with tablets or other mobile devices.

3 Likes

I’m already on an old dumbphone; one of the huge “upgrades” of switching to something like Mudita (or competitor) would be to be able to tether / hotspot, since my current dumbphone can’t do that. To be able to do email or similar while travelling.

4 Likes

So would that work with a USB C cable between the Pure and a tablet or whatever, then?

1 Like

Would also like to know this. While bluetooth is indeed annoying it is a standard for internet tethering between every standard device: mac, windows, linux, iphone, android…. whatever. it would be a shame if you failed to implement this feature for internet connectivity—this is the thing that would allow us to use the mudita as a phone and as a (weak) data source. We can carry additional devices for our must-have apps like maps and chat

2 Likes

@Sid_C I will check the options for this & I will get back to you.

2 Likes

I can Bluetooth tether with my current android phone but it’s not anywhere near as fast, doesn’t charge my phone at the same and uses more battery from both the phone and the device it’s tethered to. I find it much simpler to plug in a cable.

I could understand supporting wifi hotspotting as I do use that sometimes but the hardware just isn’t in the pure.

3 Likes

@parawizard Bluetooth tethering is not really ideal. I prefer the cable way as well.

1 Like

bluetooth tethering is really just wanted for small devices. For example, to connect a smartphone or tablet for minimal internet while traveling or on the train. The cable is definitely superior, but sometimes it would be nice to have a slow wireless connection (and the only way to connect an ipad AFAIK)

3 Likes

iPad (some models) allows USB tethering to Ethernet but not to the Mudita Pure.

Bluetooth tethering would be the only way :woman_shrugging:t2:

1 Like

Or, emulating an USB C Ethernet device since some of them are known to work.

1 Like

I used an ethernet adaptor on my iPhone (lightning) and Ipad mini (USB-c) without any problem. As a lay person, I wonder, what can be the issue with mudita and Apple?

2 Likes

At this stage Bluetooth tethering never made it into the first release for Mudita Pure. Nevertheless, I think people are still interested in it so I am bumping this topic.

@urszula Can you please get someone who could tell: If there is still a roadmap for this? And if yes, when to expect an update for which release it will be scheduled? Thank you.

1 Like

@sv3np Thanks for reaching out. Lukasz made this statement almost two years ago, and many things have transpired since then. One of our team members wrote about this on a different thread:

1 Like