Public mobile Canada

Can anyone confirm the phone works on Public mobile, freedom mobile or Virgin mobile?

I am on public mobile 15 dollar plan and this plan is also offered on Virgin and freedom so I do not mind switching providers by the end of the month. I recently found a job so I am looking to buy the phone @urszula if I ordered the phone would I still get it in August?

1 Like

@cardio79 Did you order the black one? Those are in stock & ready to ship NOW :smiley:
We are catching on on the production of the Pebble Grey ones.

Oh wow so if I order the black one right now how soon would I get it?

1 Like

You order the black one now, it ships this week :smiley: Since you’re in Canada, it can take about a week to get to you.

Oh wow nice!

1 Like

This is like a early christmas lol

1 Like

Also had a question about the size of the phone…how much does it weight and how much smaller is it than a modern smartphone…its size is one of the main areas of concern for me…the LP2, Punkt I liked the sizes of the phone…but the way the mudita looks blows the other 2 out of the sky (sorry @Jose_Briones lol…I feel like saying anything bad about the Lp2 is like insulting one of your kids lol)

1 Like

@cardio79 Here’s a thread you can look through, which has pix of Mudita Pure (me holding it) and me holding the Light Phone (which I think is really tiny)

@cardio79 Here’s another pic of some of my devices next to Mudita Pure:

1 Like

Actually now that I see the q10 which I loved because of the size the mudita does not look that big…also are there any updates coming to make the ring tones lounder…I often take my sons to sports and if I have to run errands I would like to be able to hear the phone if there are any emergencies vs constantly looking at the phone which defeats the phones purpose to begin with lol

1 Like

@cardio79 There’s an update coming up with some audio fixes.

I will ask specifically if volume will be increased.

1 Like

Haha. I love my LP2 but I understand how people are attracted to the buttons and design of the Mudita Pure. The functionality is the issue for me. The Mudita is still not ready in the US. Hoping the new update makes it more stable and usable in the US. Hope it works for you in Canada.

2 Likes

Yeah will see what happens…crossing my fingers…LP2 had no issues on public mobile I am hoping the same for Mudita…good thing is I can return it if there are issues but I really hope there is not. This phone for me has enough friction it to make me use it as little as possible. I want it to be difficult to type. Main reason I am selling my key 2 le…once I put my sim in it to go out etc I am right back into the addiction and now I actually feel physically ill when I see a smart phone lol. Happy this is going to be in my hands in basically a week. Will post a review

1 Like

@cardio79 are you located in Canada? I thought LP2 were not working around here.

1 Like

They are working. It’s just that it varies by area. Some areas get blocked, while others are functioning fine. It’s all a matter of testing and seeing what works in your area

2 Likes

I went to their website and they have a “check which version to use” by country, came back with the negative for Canada. Hence my curiosity. I>m thinking of switching to Public Mobile and was hoping I’d test Mudita Pure on this network. I really can’t find much info on this - been down the rabbit hole of networks and phone brands for a couple days now. Wish I had know beforehand the risks, ngl.

1 Like

Yeah. They had an issue some months ago where some phones stopped working in certain areas. Thus, they claim “incompatible.” They are working with Telus to bring the phone to full support in Canada. But the phone does work in Canada but it varies per region and that’s why they are not shipping right now.

They are very careful with their user experience and want to make sure that the phones work before shipping so customers don’t get frustrated once they get their devices.

2 Likes

Yes I am in Toronto, Ontario…I am on virgin mobile had the phone for the week now and its works flawlessly .

3 Likes

So far this is what I have tried, I am located in Quebec province, maybe half an hour from Montreal.

1. Was on Rogers, SIM card did not work (no connection to network).
  2. tried Telus card from work phone, does connect to network with 1 bar but no call possible.
  3. Switched to Public Mobile, the phone picks up network with 1 bar, no text and no phone call possible.

I will try from a more central connection and see if that helps, and report back.

1 Like

@aoife Have you tried Freedom Mobile. I think some users have had success with it.