Public mobile Canada

Freedom Mobile is not available in Quebec province.

1 Like

@aoife Iā€™m sorry to hear that. Let me check if we have any other users from Quebec.

Fido works better than any other carrier. All of the big three do not work. Freedom works decently but Fido like I said is the best. I have been using for a full day now and the phone has been flawless. Make calls, received call. Text in and out works great

2 Likes

Im tempted to try the FIDO 15$ plan for a month since the SIM card seems to be free, before I return my phone with the ticket I have opened right nowā€¦ Based on your feedback.

2 Likes

It is your only option. And I can tell you day 2 into using the phone experience is AMAZING. Now there be times when the phone has not signal but that is for maybe a minute. Now the reception is CRAP in the basement and by crap I mean no reception at all. But if you have windows down there position the phone as close as possible to the window. I had to put my mudita on a box and push it to the very end of the window opening. I can get phone calls down there . I have been testing phone calls down here using a phone app on my computer and more often than not the mudita starts working. I have the 15 dollar plan. I was tempted to test out koodo to see if the reception is better in the basement and if the phone works at all. I am thinking of keeping fido but testing koodo out ā€¦would cost me 25 bux for the sim and plan for a month. I am thinking about it just in case the experience is even better and I can clearly get reception down here but I believe koodo is owned by Rogers so the phone will not work down here or upstairs. I have been toying with the same idea with Bell Canadaā€¦if I put my mudita imei number in it says its compatible. Bell reception is AMAZING, previous phones i had in the ten years I was with bell worked great down here. But it looks like people that have tried the phone on bell can call but donā€™t think they can get text messages. Long story shortā€¦get fido! lol

1 Like

Actually telus owns koodo. I am actually tempted to try telusā€¦because rogers owns freedom and the phone worked (barely). Again tempted because I know Telus has the best coverage, they own public mobile which the mudita does not work on but hey maybe it may since rogers owns freedom and the phone does not work on rogers. God I need a flow chart lol

1 Like

Telus didnā€™t work at all for me!

1 Like

K I will dodge that bullet lol

1 Like

Sadly I have decided again to return the phone and return to the light phone. The phone worked great above ground but below ground (not the phones fault but crappy Fido reception) was horrible. I donā€™t like the idea of whenever I am at someone place in the basement I have zero reception. That is very frustrating. Ultimately I have tried every carrier spend a lot of money, but at the end of the day I know I tried my very best to get this phone to work but it just will not work for my needs.

2 Likes

Although now I am getting texts from that contact consistently lol. I believe the messages that were showing as not sent were actually sent because he said he got texts multiple times. It is a very hard decision honestly. Right now I am sitting on the light phone 2 site ready to buy but at the same time I am like okay seems to be working but as I said the ultimate deciding factor is it okay to get no reception in the basement, I mean I can get it if I push the phone near the window by putting it on a box. At someones house I can put it upstairs and check it periodically. The phone works perfectly outsideā€¦I keep going back and forth lol

1 Like

@cardio79 Since youā€™ve decided to return the phone, you might as well update the phone with the new MuditaOS update, which just came out. This way, you can give us some feedback on that & see if anything with the reception has changed.

1 Like

@cardio79 Thanks for the feedback. I know how much you REALLY liked the phone & wanted it to work. Iā€™m sorry it didnā€™t work out.
At least your Mudita Bell is keeping you happy :smiley:

1 Like

I remember I never did thisā€¦now I know that there is an update I am honestly so tempted to try the mudita again I just miss the damn phone so much lol.

1 Like

I said it before & Iā€™ll say it again, Mudita Pure is like the first LOVE :heart_eyes: :heart:that you never get over :smiley:

lol its trueā€¦I donā€™t hate the light phone it is just too easy to keep texting with the voice to textā€¦i miss the friction of t9ā€¦the no calls in the basement can be worked around. If I am at a friends house I could tell my wife to call him if there are any emergencies. If I need to make a call go to the first floor. Every where else I could use the phone with ease. I am going to decided by the end of the day lol.

1 Like

DId people say the latest update improved connection issues ?

1 Like

lol niceā€¦now I think the Mudita is like an ex, I keep breaking up with herā€¦but we keep getting back together :rofl:

@cardio- I think the stability of the connection improved. @Jose_Briones did a whole video on it. Others have also commented that the new update improved their experience.

I am ordering it now lolā€¦here we go again!

1 Like

@cardio79
This is what popped in my head when you wrote your message:
YARN | OOPS I did it again! | Britney Spears - Oops!...I Did It Again (Official Video) | Video gifs by quotes | 2a5ce0bf | ē“—