Phone receives but cannot send messages

Hello,
I changed providers here in Canada yesterday from Fido to Bell. With Fido, messages worked correctly but with the Bell provider I can only receive messages but not send them.

I spent time today with Bell’s online and phone support but they were not able to resolve this problem.

To be sure it wasn’t the SIM card or my account, I tried the card in my iPhone and was able to send messages.

I’ve removed and re-installed the battery and the SIM card but that did not help.

Can anyone suggest how to fix this?

2 Likes

@rodo There were some users on this forum who have documented their experience with Bell.

Interesting so I have Virgin mobile which I am going to try on the phone when it gets here. I know Virgin uses bell’s towers. I first tried with PC mobile (also owned by bell and the phone made calls but I had the same issues sending out messages)
So you said for Fido everything is good? Phone calls and texts? I know when I had freedom mobile, calls and messages worked fine, main issue was the connectivity of the phone, it would be disconnected at times between 5-10mins. I have a freedom mobile to try out again on my wifes phone when it gets here to see if the experience has changed since I had the phone. If you say it works flawlessy on the Fido than I will probably get that provider…

1 Like

Fido does connect OK for both phone and messages but the signal strength + connectivity wasn’t great even in the city – and their online customer support and service is nil, which is why I cancelled and went with Bell. But if I can’t get messaging working with Bell, I may have to try yet another provider…

1 Like

Freedom does work for everything. But again its not perfect. Like there are time you lose connections

1 Like

If you can’t by now then it will not work. As I said Freedom works. Were there times with Fido where you were completely disconnected for long periods of time? I purchased the light phone again because my wife wants to test both out. Like I said virgin mobile so my fingers are crossed somehow it works on that. Luckily my parents are on fido and my wife on rogers so there are a bunch of sims I can test out. I think if anyone from Canada has a mudita they should reach out to freinds and family to test out different sims. It would help the team here at Mudita out quite a bit. I did the same with the light phone testing out all those sims here in Canada because the team there could not confirm that the phone worked in Canada and thus had a warning on there website

1 Like

Unfortunately my shipment is still held up overseas with a ‘operational delay’

1 Like

@cardio79 If it doesn’t move by Monday, please reach out. Sometimes FedEx needs a push.

1 Like

Fido worked most of the time for calls and all the time for messages.

Looking online at Freedom and Virgin as options, I didn’t see subscriptions for only voice + SMS.

I’d hoped putting the Mudita on Bell to avoid the PITA it’s been to deal with the Fido customer service would make sense, especially since our smartphones are on Bell. Guess I’ll try Fido again by dealing with a Fido store instead of a third-party store that wasn’t too helpful.

1 Like

Call and text only plans are on those providers. I am on a 15 dollar plan with virgin

1 Like

Sorry to clarify when you used the phone on Fido did the connection ever go off? Like I mean were there spans of time more than 5 mins where texts and calls were impossible?

1 Like

Really need to know this cause then I can try the phone on Fido…because I know on Freedom it was not reliable, the phone could go like 10 plus mins and not be able to call or text

1 Like

Sorry for the lack of precision in my info, but to be honest, I’ve only had the Mudita for maybe a month and haven’t had a lot of experience with it. With Fido, I don’t recall times when it went offline, but there were a few times when the signal wasn’t strong (1 bar) and calls wouldn’t go through – but I wasn’t a lack of service for 5-10 minutes like you mentioned… I’m in Montreal so maybe it was a tall building blocking the signal – but no way to know, I’d say. Sorry I can’t be more precise.

A big factor in changing from Fido to Bell I forgot to mention in my earlier posts was that I couldn’t forward calls from the Mudita to another number, which I can with Bell.

So, in thinking more about this, the real downsides with Fido were the lack of clarity and help online about the account and the inability to forward calls. Since voice calls are more important for me than messages, I’ve decided to stay with Bell. For the 2 days I’ve been on Bell, the signal strength is consistently 2 to 3 bars and, call-forwarding tests are 100%, and the few calls I’ve made with it have all be fine.

1 Like

K that is good to know because I am on virgin (owned by bell) so that gives me hope that the phone works and its great you said the phone never went offline. I know freedom which was my provider when I got the mudita does not have a great reception area compared to bell so once my phone arrives I will try it on virgin hopefully it works, and then let my wife decide if she wants the mudita i will keep the light phone.

1 Like

It is Sunday and the phone was suppose to arrive tomorrow but it is still in a operational delay stuck overseas

1 Like

Sorry arrive Monday but don’t think that is happening now

1 Like

@cardio79 DM me the tracking number when you get a chance & I will look into it. ALSO- Please do not pay the customs fees if they ask for it,

1 Like

It is in Mississauga now which is an hour from my house, so it should be delivered, no big deal if it is not

1 Like

It is only 30 mins from my house now in terms of location so it will come today…whether I have to pay them or not remains to be seen lol

1 Like

@cardio79 Please do not pay them :smiley: If they ask to you to pay, please let us know & we’ll get in touch with them.

1 Like