Unable to send sms - bell canada

Anyone else on bell canada unable to send sms?apn settings only have an ims entry that is empty

1 Like

I am due to receive my phone on Tuesday, and I too am with Bell Canada. Based on previous comments from people in the US, getting a new SIM card from Bell may solve technical issues such as these.

How is call quality with Bell so far though? What are your first impressions of the phone?

1 Like

@d-mtl Hi. Welcome to the Mudita Community!!
As far as we know, Mudita Pure is compatible with Rogers Wireless, Telus, Bell Wireless, and Freedom Mobile in Canada. Several members in Canada, as well as the US reported that getting a new sim card with the same number solved their connectivity issues.

I’ve received my phone too. I can make calls with reasonably good call quality but SMS don’t work either with Bell Canada.

I’ve tried tweaking the APN settings with no luck. Guess I will have to get a new SIM card to give that a shot.

Did getting the new sim card work? I am with public mobile (owned by telus and uses the same towers) so I am hoping if I purchase the phone that I will not have any issues

1 Like

Hi
I tried getting a new sim card (35$) and I am still unable to send SMS.

2 Likes

@d-mtl Can you please submit the logs from your Mudita Pure to us through Mudita Center. This way our team can recreate the issue & hopefully figure out what is happening. Are calls coming through OK. Are you having issue with the signal?

I am getting worried to be honest. I spent a considerable amount of money on this phone. All the advertising says its GSM and it basically works all around the world so then why in my own country there is trouble with sending text messages? I use to be with bell canada when I almost bought the mudita before the delay. So I really hope it works on my provider public mobile because if it does not we should all be entitled to refunds if the phone does not work as advertised

2 Likes

Signal (for making phone calls) seems to be working fine. I haven’t used it much.
I see no option in the phone or mudita center to generate, view or manually upload logs.

1 Like

Thank you Urszula. Logs sent…

1 Like

I don’t like to say I told you so but maybe you really should have held off and waited a bit more to buy this phone. Like I told you there are legitimate issues with this phone in Canada. It works for my purposes, but it’s not ideal and it won’t be good enough for a lot of people.

1 Like

I can confirm the same thing, I can’t send SMS either. I can receive them, although they are sometimes unreadeable. I’m getting by because I use other services to send messages but it’s clearly not great.

1 Like

As long as it can make calls. If I don’t get texts honestly it won’t be a deal breaker because it will force me to call person, which in this day in age is a lost art form. When people get calls these days they assume someone has died lol

3 Likes

Can @urszula address this and what the team is doing to resolve this. All your videos say this phone could work all over the world but now people are having issues. I invested quite a bit of money in this phone.

Also people that can’t use these phones in their countries should be able to send the phone back for a refund. I really hope this is the case because if we are paying a premium price for a phone it better not have issues with calls and texts.

2 Likes

Well it does have these issues, that comes with the territory for a project like this. I’m not too inclined to send back my phone because I’ve supported this project for over 2 years, but obviously I am hoping for fixes too

3 Likes

@cardio79 & @davidb Our team is looking at this.

1 Like

Thank you! Aside from this SMS issue I’m also dealing with the SIM card disconnecting on a daily basis and needing to refresh (switch between card 1 and 2) or even power on/off to restore network connection. That’s getting tiring too.

2 Likes

@davidb I will ask my team about this. This doesn’t seem like a network issue, but I’m not sure.