Mudita Pure Bug: Signal Strength

Incoming call quality is definitely bad. I’ve had people tell me I come through “like you’re right next to me”–i.e., loud and clear. But the receiver speaker sounds muddy and blown out.

4 Likes

Yeah. I still get some interference when outside and sometimes inside.

2 Likes

Does it include T-Mobile Poland? Signal strength on Mudita is really poor…basically, no signal in my area most of the time. The same SIM card on other phones work perfect. :frowning:

2 Likes

@fijas This actually happened to me, but with Play. First I tried to use my PLAY sim card, which I had from a previous phone & I did not get service. I had to go to the PLAY store & get a different SIM CARD. The phone should work with T-Mobile Poland, but you might need to go & get a different sim card.

I’m having huge signal problems. I’m with Lebara in the UK (which uses the Vodaphone network). I have no signal anywhere… Is this something that could improve with a software update? If not my Mudita Pure is destined to become an expensive paperweight.

1 Like

It will improve marginally, but don’t expect it to be superb. This is due to the hardware, not software.

2 Likes

Has anyone compared what the phone displays as signal and what Mudita Center show? My phone has never showed any signal anywhere, just x…, but calls/texts still seem to work. When I connect to Mudita Center, it will show 2/3 bars. It’s almost like the phones not displaying the signal strength properly, but wherever Mudita Center gets this information, it is correct.

1 Like

The singal display on the Pure and in the Mudita Center are always identical for me.

1 Like

@albatross87 I’ve brought this issue up with our devs. I think it’s an interesting phenomenon, which should be looked into.

Hi @urszula,

It seems you are also using the Mudita Pure phone. What is your feedback on the call quality and no signal that others report?

I ordered one phone but after reading the other user feedback that it is hardware issue which can’t be fixed through software updates, I’m upset.

What is Mudita team feedback for this?

thank you
ramamohan

1 Like

@ramamohan I’ve had no issues so far. I had the final version of the phone for about a year. I’m on PLAY mobile here in Poland & consistently get 2-3 bars of service indoors & 4 outdoors.
No issues with text messages, but the audio is a little bit rough around the edges.

I’m used this phone for 2 days now. I don’t find problem in connecting calls. Long 30 minutes calls also the connection (/signal) sustained well for the entire call duration. Maybe I’m at good coverage area. I will test at other locations next time.

But what I hear the voice from the other side (known caller) is not the original voice, a modulated voice which little disappointing.

One issue with my device is the torch is not turning on when I press the torch button. Is there any issue with the torch or some settings I’m missing?

Is there any light sensor that can automatically turn on the front light when move to dark area or during nights? What I see in the settings is just manually turning it on/off which is difficult when you are already in dark area, you can’t see the screen first. Light Phone 2 has this working well.

One time the device rebooted automatically when trying to navigate in the Calendar application.
thank you
ramamohan

1 Like

I’m also having issues with signal/sim recognition.
The signal drops with no bars for quite a while, this is even when I’m at home in the same location. It comes and goes.
I’m in the U.K. and using an O2 sim.

1 Like

@cosmicfish1000 Thanks for reaching out. Unfortunately signal strength can be an issue with Mudita Pure. It’s because of the ultra-low SAR antenna. However, just to make sure we rule everything else out- would you mind sending your logs to our devs via Mudita Center?

This will allow them to verify that it’s not something else, which maybe causing the problem.

Thank you Urszula.
I’ll get on that right now.

1 Like