Mass Production has started!

Maybe we’ll have an update soon … who knows ?

1 Like

@anon51628811 Putting one together this week.

1 Like

As you all prepare your production update, you should be aware that any delay longer than a couple of weeks will likely lead to a number of people canceling their orders and requesting a refund.

I can say for sure that if the expected delivery date for my phone is not until March or later, I will certainly cancel.

4 Likes

I guess it is the reason why they don’t give any estimated delivery date…
It’s a pity that they don’t give me any answer about my VAT problem. I wrote a couple of emails and they don’t show any will to help me… Even on this forum I don’t get any answer :sob:

2 Likes

I’m sorry to report that I have canceled my order and asked for a refund.
Here’s my reasons : It’s taking too long with no explanations that i’ve found precise enough. No informations on when we can expect something. But most of all, i received a email from mudita asking me to anwer questions about what I would want for the next phone they will make ! I havn’t receive the first one yet ! It is, to my opinion, a very big mistake in terms of communication. As a result, that’s it for me.

3 Likes

@bksparrow I replied with a quick update on another thread.

@rhouel Regarding your VAT inquiry- I see messages between you & @Sharaz discussing the issue. He even suggested a call to clear everything up.

Of course there is an email communication between Mudita team and me: I would not write here before trying to solve the problem by email! And this is exactly the point: after 5 emails explaining a simple problem, i still don’t have answers and need to schedule a call… That’s very time consuming and is adding to the frustration of not receiving the phone at the given delivery date for the third time…

1 Like

@rhouel I’m sorry that you’re frustrated, however, please understand, that we are just people & sometimes we don’t always have all the answers right away about everything. If we don’t know the answer, we will do our best to ask someone at Mudita who can help us figure it out. I’ll follow up with @Sharaz about your VAT question & see if I can help get it resolved.

I have no answer about the refund. Am i the only one in that situation ?

1 Like

@anon51628811 I’m checking on it for you.
@Sharaz Can you help here?

I’m having some difficulty as well.

1 Like

Poked the person responsible for handling refunds, our process can take up to 14 days. If not solved, do write to me directly!

2 Likes

@Sharaz Thanks for looking into this. I really appreciate it.

When do we get a proper update on current production rates for the Pure and expected shipping dates for pre-ordered phones?

2 Likes

@bksparrow I think I replied to a similar question in another thread. As you know we ran into an issue in DEC with the navigation button when we tried scale up to mass production. When we discovered the flaw, we scaled back on the production so we can figure out where this defect was coming from. We implemented the new solution, we were able to test the navigation button with 10.000 clicks, on the small, batch size (100 units), and the problem did not materialize. We are confident that this solution finally solved the problem. The unit assembled & tested are going to replace the units we shipped out already because we do not want our backers to have a phone with a known flaw. We hope to manufacture between 300-500 devices per week. During our FINAL NPI, we were able to determine that approx. 90% of manufactured devices pass the EOL tester- which is a good percentage.
We understand that the slow pace of production can be a little frustrating, however, the current global situation in the supply chain constraints combined with workplace shortages due to the pandemic is not making scaling up production easy. That’s why we are talking in ranges and not absolute numbers. Manufacturing is not something that can be done remotely, so we are working around some difficult circumstances at the moment. Given the situation we are in, if there is an outbreak or mass callouts, those are just things beyond our control and we need to be prepared. I hope our community will understand.

I have also cancelled my 2 orders and asked for a refund, two days ago, and have got no answer. Please arrange my refund this week if possible.

I will return with a new order in a couple of months probably.

1 Like

Please just confirm that you have received the emails with request for refunds, and i can wait two weeks, no problem.

1 Like

this is all sounding like march at the earliest… I will likely join the list of canceled orders within the next day or two

3 Likes

I think if there is no official comunication in this week (other than anouncing new products or else) we would entereing some sort of “panic mode” at mudita. Maybe they are already in “panic mode”… And I still have no news from my refund. And I must precise that I have a great respect for Urszula who has a very difficult job considering what she has to deal with.

1 Like