Mass Production has started!

This is such exciting news!! While I know you all may not have a pure (pun absolutely intended) estimate for when people who preordered in mid-October may get their hands on the Pure, might you all have a rough estimate of when we’ll get it?

2 Likes

@whyoungblood Thanks for asking! If you ordered in mid-October, then we can estimate shipping in January/February. We have a notice on our website that if you order NOW, your batch will be shipped in FEB 2022

1 Like

Can you make an estimate for an order placed the last week of July 2021?

1 Like

@anon83104943 We are currently in the process of working this out. We start shipping next week, on Tuesday. First we need to ship out all the Crowdfunding backer phones & then we will move on to the ecommerce customers. We will be publishing an batch update next week.

2 Likes

@spongothedongo Thanks for your question. We didn’t experience any chip shortages with Mudita Pure. The phone is manufactured in Poland, so maybe that had something to do with it.

This is great news. I cannot wait to see the first reviews. To be honest, I am waiting for that before I place my order. I am a little hesitant to disconnect so much.

1 Like

When we are expecting to see a second batch sending to customers?? and how many phones it will be?? (You said you can assemble 15-20 phones daily. So if you started from 15th November, we should see 375-500 units be ready to send? Am I right?)

1 Like

We sent out more phones this week already. All early backers. I am actually waiting on a detailed plain as to how many we are planning to send out in the coming days, We would like to give you guys more or less a schedule of batches, so you can see where we are at with shipping.

3 Likes

That would be realy great to have some news indeed.

3 Likes

When can we expect a batch schedule ? :smiley:
Also how can we identify what our proper Backer number is ? I think the only time i’ve seen my possible number was from the ‘BackerKit’ Survery Mudita sent out to confirm our address and colour a month or two ago. After filling that out i remember seeing an email saying “Proud to be the 394th :sunglasses: on @BackerKit for Mudita Pure: Your Minimalist Phone.” … Would this be a semi accurate queue position ?

1 Like

@rumpole We are actually working on some communication right now. As for your number on Kickstarter, that sounds fairly accurate. on that platform.

SO ? Do we have informations about batches ? I’m starting to fear that ordering the pure in early april, i may receiving it in february… (while november or even december was aimed).

2 Likes

@anon51628811 I’ve just found out last night that we ran into a little snag while increasing production & we need to keep the production slower than we want to because a flaw the keyboard came up, I’ve just posted an update on Kickstarter. Update #42 I’m still gathering all the info, and it’s nothing critical, but it just means we can’t forecast mass shipments at the moment. We need to fix this ASAP.

2 Likes

Sorry to hear. Hope you get it sorted.

2 Likes

OK… I don’t know what to say… And to be honest, i don’t know what to do. I’m starting to doubt about asking for a refund… what does it mean ? february ? March ? April ?
At the end, everything is a going to be sorted out for sure. But the level of frustration may be way over the level of expectation… I feel that somehow, the deal is not respected. I know, Urszula, that it is not your fault and you have the difficult and unpleasant task to communicate about all this. I woudn’t like to be in your shoes right now. And it is just material issues in our lives, so it is not so important. But, that makes me think about the relation in between the intens proposition of needs in our society and the way companies can fulfill them. Does “you have my word” is still a sentance that means something in our capitalist system…

4 Likes

Great that you fix the identified hardware problem. I rather wait than geting a ”not perfect” product. Keep up the good work! Den som väntar på nåt gott, as we say in Swedish. :slight_smile: (Worth waiting for)

1 Like

@anon51628811 It won’t take this long- it’s not a critical issue. It’s just a matter of adjusting some things. We wanted to be upfront with everything because we were hoping that we would be able to start announcing when the pre-order batches will be sent- however, we are not adjusting the time line by months. This just means that we are not able to forecast weeks into the future. It’s just going to be week by week.

3 Likes

And will it be anounced next week ? Because, as you noticed, i’m a bit upset that we don’t know (the 3 week of december !) when we can expect to receive the pure… And I’m not talking about actualy receiving it. I know it is not month by month, but I was pointing out that it was supposed to be november, then we understood that it would be december (even for the pre-orders), it since we are in the second part of december and we don’t know yet what to expect, It might be january. But I’m a bit perplex about all the products mudita is realising and are soon to be ready… when the first one has so much delay.
To finish on an optimistic note, the only thing whiche make me not ask for a refund is that the pure is reaching exactly my expectations :

• no google (it is more and more the most important for me)
    -distraction free
    -music player
    -low SAR
    -double SIM
    -E-ink
    -Open source
    There is no equivalent on the market. So I guess I’m stuck with you guys… Let’s hope everything will turn out fine.
3 Likes

@anon51628811 I got some preliminary info that it’s been figured out. I’m now waiting for all the details from the engineers.

Hi mudita team!
I’m getting a little worried about waiting for my phone as I’m following your project since the beginning. I placed my order first in the beginning of October 2020 and then, after the product release date was postponed twice, I decided to cancel my order in March this year. I ordered the phone a second time the 4th of October with a delivery date of “November 2021” and we are in 2022 and there is still no hope of receiving my Mudita pure…
Reading your posts, you seem to be well advanced in the mass production phase (and I am very glad to read that!!) so you should be able to give us a new delivery date, especially since you had no problem to give one when we ordered…
Also, I had some problems with your system to register as a company and get the VAT back as a European intra-community order: it seems that there is a problem on your site in the process of validation of intra-community VAT numbers… I would really appreciate if you could use this delay to solve the problem for me and allow me to order headphones and cork cover as a company and refund me the VAT I paid for the phone…
With kind regards,

3 Likes