Mass Production has started!

I wouldn’t hold your breath on a confirmation.
I asked for a refund December 23 and am still having issues getting a real confirmation it’s even happening.
I was told to send the order number and city it’s being shipped to.
That email with said information was sent on the 1st of January.
Last Friday I asked for a confirmation that my refund was coming and they claimed they never were sent the information I had already sent.
So now I’ve resent that info even though there’s no way they didn’t get it the first time.
Still no confirmation from anyone that a refund is actually on its way.
What makes me more nervous is over email I was told it would take 1-2 business days for the refund to be in my account but then on the forums someone said it could be up to 14 days.
Doesn’t invoke confidence that even the people in charge of this stuff don’t know how long it’s sposed to take.

1 Like

@cazz We’re processing your refund. We are sorry for the delay, our customer service department is just digging itself out after the holidays. We received your request the day before Christmas Eve, when most of our staff was already out for the holidays. We were functioning in a limited capacity the week between Christmas & New Years.
To answer your question regarding the time to process the refund- the reason we state that it might take up to 14 days because in some cases we do need to make traditional bank/card transfers & it can take some time before he refund shows up in your account. If we’re doing a PayPay refund it usually takes 1-2 days. However, if, for example, you cancelled your PayPal account since ordering your Mudita Pure & now we need to send a traditional international bank transfer, than that might take awhile, especially when there are weekends & public holidays involved (which is what happened last week- Thurs Jan 6th was the Epiphany, Friday Jan 7th was Eastern Orthodox Christmas & then we had the weekend.)
Long story short- your refund has been processed & you should receive it shortly.

I agree.

I feel like the company is attempting to do too many things at once, and the Pure production is getting sidelined.

None of the (minimal) communication regarding production so far exudes any kind of confidence or clarity.

I put in an email request for a cancellation and refund last night, and now expect to wait many days for any kind of action, in reply.

There are some interesting things about this project, but right now seems like a frustrating and difficult moment to get involved. Maybe down the line, I’ll re-order.

2 Likes

Same for me.

1 Like

I’ve followed quite some kickstarter projects and everyone faces the same problem.

It’s hard to start with a completely new product. Really hard. You can’t plan this perfectly. If you want your product te be delivered on time then never ever buy something on this kind of projects. You’ll have to be patient.

They found some problems and want to be sure they’re fixed before start building too much stock. They can’t afford to replace too much possible defective units. That’s a too big risk. They are not selling them by the multiple thousands anytime soon. The margins are small.

And there’s the covid problem, which hurts production facilities also.

My 2 cents.

8 Likes

Oh god, yeah, if I had backed this project on kickstarter years ago I would be really pulling my hair out with so much waiting by now…

No, I didn’t back a project on kickstarter. I bought a phone after the company started “mass production” and shipping. Before buying it, I asked about any anticipated delays. I was told with some swagger that the February date estimated on the website might be too long and that they anticipated the phones to ship more quickly. That confidence helped me decide to make the purchase.

Now, I understand that unforeseen issues (not the least Omicron) have sideswiped the production considerably. However, at the same time, the company has attempted to roll out two other new products that require mass production, and start beta testing a launcher, etc. etc. This seems ill-advised, given that the above mentioned kickstarter backers haven’t received their phones yet.

I could maybe sit patiently through that, if the communication was timely and clear. (@urszula). This is not the case. We were first told that after the new year we’d get an update, but now we’ve told about all the holidays after the New Year, etc. Meanwhile, replies to the obvious string of people that have begun to cancel their orders have ground to a halt. (@Sharaz) The inability to quickly and respectfully respond to cancellations is actually one of the reasons I decided to cancel my order. I can’t feel confident about a company that can’t handle these issues efficiently.

2 Likes

We just posted an new update & we’re back on track with shipping & production.

1 Like

@bksparrow can you please send me your order number via PM. We don’t have any pending refunds at the moment. All refunds requests from last week & this week have been processed.