Initial Mudita Harmony Reviews

Thank you for your feedback @sgoel it’s all about the details and we do pay attention to it so we will surely consider it in fixes. Thanks again!

It’s my favourite feature too @kirkmahoneyphd I didn’t think i would be able to wake up without loud alarm but once i started using Harmony i woke up slowly and naturally just with light, without any sound. The most peaceful way of waking up i ever experienced cause it’s similar to waking up naturally without an alarm but just on time. Definitely one of the best Mudita Harmony features. :white_heart:

2 Likes

@skilletsauce Can you DM your email address? I will check with customer service to see where your support ticket is at.

The situation has been rectified. I received my replacement unit and returned the defective unit this past Monday. All is well! Thank you for getting back to me :slightly_smiling_face:

2 Likes

So I’ve had my Harmony for about a month now and there are a few things that have really disappointed me.

I wanted an alarm clock that would gradually light up (like Lumie) but also had built in white noise - to replace the separate white noise machine.

From everything advertised on the site it said it has the ability to play white noise.

The issue is that first it doesn’t actually have ‘white noise’ or brown noise, etc it has some preloaded tracks and you can’t even have them on a continuous loop. So you aren’t able to goto sleep listening to white noise as I do now with a separate device. Of course - I read it has the ability for you to have your own tracks… great except it doesn’t have that feature or any indication when that is happening. (Correct me if I’m wrong)

The display looks great, except when I haven’t used it for a while when you scroll you get what I can only describe as a ‘shadow’ like the screen is lagging.

The reverse arrow button on the right of my device doesn’t press like the sunlight button does and feels like it is most probably a defect.

Positives - it looks nice, it’s functional as an alarm clock. (Albeit overpriced for its limited capabilities)

The wake up sounds are good and the gradual light works fine too.

I really hope this firmware update happens soon as I feel it has some rather large flaws that need to be addressed soon.

1 Like

Hi, I just saw your message. I think it has been more than 14 days.

You asked if I tried resetting it —

From my initial post: “I tried to reset it by pressing the setting and light buttons down simultaneously as it suggested in the manual, but now it says “service in progress” and has remained that way since.”

1 Like

Hello @adammoseley I’m very sorry to hear your overall experience with Harmony isn’t satisfying. We tried to make the first version of this product as good as possible, I’m sorry we didn’t manage to meet your expectation at first. We have a lot of new features planned to be implemented both short and long term. The issues you mentioned are very high on our priority list so I hope you will be able to update your Harmony soon and use it as you wished initially.
In terms of the hardware problem, it does sounds like a small defect. If you wish, please contact us at support@mudita.com and i hope we will be able to help you.
I’m glad you mentioned some positive feedback too, thank you for sharing your thoughts!

1 Like

Hello @Felicia_Hobert since the issue you mentioned was posted more than 14 days ago, please let us know if you still have a problem with reseting the device or you managed to solve it. With any technical issues you may contact us at support@mudita.com and we will provide direct help with any issue.

1 Like

Yes, nothing has changed since yesterday. Can I get a refund?

1 Like

@Felicia_Hobert Have you contacted our customer support about the issue & possibly getting a replacement device?

No, I went to this thread immediately after noticing the issue. I guess I thought this was one of the ways to contact support!

1 Like

Will there be a way to upload sounds onto the alarm clock in the future, without buying a whole new clock?

1 Like

The Mudita Harmony had been great for the first few weeks, fitting perfectly into my routine. Although it had the same issue of the display time speeding up by a few minutes over a couple days. I would get blips of the whole display turning black for a second sometimes throughout the day as the minutes changed, as well. Last week the display froze altogether and wouldn’t respond to any input until I let the battery completely deplete.
I have not been able to connect it to Mudita Center at all. A usb device not recognised message pops up upon plugging it into my pc. A factory reset does not resolve this, so there is no way of updating my unit at all at this stage. I have mudita center version 1.3.0.
I hope these issues can be resolved because it’s an otherwise very pleasant product.

1 Like

Hello @Felicia_Hobert sorry for the misunderstanding. Forum is used in many different ways but if you have issues with the device then it’s better to directly contact support@mudita.com where we can closer investigate what is happening and continue with next steps accordingly. If you haven’t contacted them yet, please do so. We might be able to offer help, replacement or refund depending on what’s happening.

1 Like

Thanks for this question - this feature will be available after software update through Mudita Center so buying a new device will not be needed. We will be informing about new software releases, this feature is currently in further development.

1 Like

Hello @malcolm thank you for the message. Time improvement has been included in the lates software release so once you will be able to connect Harmony to Mudita Center you’ll get this solved. Please check if you have updated version of Mudita Center app. If you have troubles connecting the device to Mudita Center then please contact us at support@mudita.com and i hope we’ll be able to help, i’m sorry you face such problems with the device. Glad to hear despite those issues you like your Mudita Harmony!

1 Like

@Felicia_Hobert We are currently finalizing that option. It should be available in an update towards the end of Q2.

1 Like

Well, it happened. I had my first failed wake-up this morning with the Mudita Harmony, and overslept by more than an hour.

Others have reported freezing, but that doesn’t seem to be exactly what’s happening. The time continues normally and the device remains active, but it seems that something interrupts the alarm-snooze process and it just gives up. I’ve witnessed something similar before when I pressed snooze but woke anyway, and realised it was not sounding.

Really disappointed tbh, especially given the price. All the features are nice but I find I’m really only using the alarm and if it’s not reliable, 100% of the time, then it simply has zero utility to me.

Can anyone comment on reliability of the Mudita Bell? Is the alarm mechanism entirely mechanically-driven on that model?

2 Likes

For Mudita Bell there were some reported issues of alarm not being triggered when rotating/adjusting the alarm hand in the opposite direction (it happened to me at least once). I suspect it could also go wrong when changing alarm volume and melody because with the way Bell saves the settings you could set the volume by mistake to be too quiet to wake you up… Anyway, I wouldn’t rely on just one device if you really need to get up on time.

1 Like

Thanks for that info… doesn’t sound great, to be honest.

Sure, if I have a job interview, exam, or court case - I’ll set two alarms, no matter how reliable they are. Doesn’t excuse the fact that the apparent reliability of the Harmony is falling well below that of a $3 IKEA alarm clock at the moment.

2 Likes