Initial Mudita Harmony Reviews

Hey @kirkmahoneyphd potential freezes are unlikely but possible and there are many indicators that might have influence just like in any electronic device. Reseting is usually enough to restart it and it’ll work just fine. I’m very sorry you experienced it but i’m glad it works after reset. We have software team dedicated to work on just this device and we are of course working on fixing bugs, implementing other features but we are also working on device’s performance and software stability so that there will be less and less situations like this. I hope your are not going to experience and more issues and future updates will provide more features as well as better performance of your Harmony.

3 Likes

I am grateful, @aleksandra, that Mudita takes seriously the possibility of the Harmony freezing on its own. It’s inconsequential for a ‘display’ clock to freeze. It can be quite consequential for an alarm clock to freeze. I am grateful that my Harmony did not freeze while I was asleep, given that I rely on it to wake me through its alarm. It froze with the big button up (with the orange ring visible), which proves that a Harmony can freeze while an owner, who is relying on the alarm, is asleep. Not good.

3 Likes

Of course we take it seriously, it’s our mission to provide our customers with best products - not only best designed but also reliable. It is our first priority to make sure all the issues that came up will be solved. Therefore, I’m very grateful for every Harmony customer in this forum to sharing their feedback openly. Without your messages about possible issues, we wouldn’t be able to further improve this product. Yet again, I’m very sorry you had a bad experience with the device @kirkmahoneyphd , it must be such a rare issue we weren’t even able to detect it in our tests. We are already investigating what might have happened and how to make sure it’s not gonna happen in the future to you as well as any other customer. Meanwhile, please contact us whenever you notice anything worrying, we are always happy to help.

3 Likes

Thank you. This freezing hurt my trust in the Harmony as an alarm clock so much the first night after that event that I subsequently put my trusty Braun travel alarm-clock sitting next to it with nearly the same alarm-time set to ensure that I heard its alarm in the event that the Harmony froze while I was asleep. Except for the obvious need for power / charge / winding, an alarm clock should not need a backup alarm-clock.

3 Likes

I still have an analogic alarm clock, similar to your Braun, side by side with the Harmony, and it will remain like that until an update fixes our reported issues.

I agree with your last sentence. I cannot risk having a problem with the alarm in the morning.

An interesting fact. Today, when I turned off the alarm, I left mudita fall on the floor. The screen showed the mudita logo, and the time appeared two minutes back. Now, I have seven minutes faster, no longer nine.

The floor is carpet, so nothing happened with mudita. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd We totally understand your concern. We have a new OS update coming out in the next week or so & we believe that it will solve some of the issues people are having.

2 Likes

I’m not sure if this has been asked elsewhere, but how will we receive updates? Or rather, how will we be notified when an update becomes available? Is there some kind of ‘owners mailing list’ we can subscribe to?

2 Likes

Thanks for the question @sambe . You are able to check for available updates on Mudita Center. You can download it here and plug in the device to check for updates (we will be releasing a small one soon). We will be surely informing you about new releases here on the forum for at least few updates. We will let you know when other options will be available, thank you for the idea about owners mailing list. :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’ve kept an eye on the timeshift for the last two weeks. For me the timeshift is far from being constant. Sometimes, the time stays the same for 5-7 days (or at least the shift is under a minute, so I dont recognize it) and sometimes it runs 2-3 mins after two days. Although it doesn’t make any sense I had the feeling that it runs faster, when fully charged.

Oh and two days ago, I pressed snooze and after 5 minutes, the light turned on for half a second and then snooze was over… :slight_smile: Happened just once so far

1 Like

I’ve noticed the same issue: at one point the clock was more than 3 minutes fast, but then it seemed to “catch up” and it was closer to 1 minute fast. It’s been plugged in the whole time since I got it.

1 Like

A new update for Mudita Harmony is coming out shortly- most likely next week & it will address many of the issues which users have reported.

2 Likes

Good news @urszula.
I just want to address my next issue. I can not connect to my harmony anymore. Just updated to latest mudita center today and can not connect anymore. Both Linux und Windows. Already did a reset of the harmony. Anybody experiencing the same issue after the latest update to center? Thanks

1 Like

@joeheb Thanks for letting us know. I’m going to report the issue to the devs, but I just want to make sure I know what’s going on.
After downloading the newest version of Mudita Center, your Harmony is not being recognized by the application & nothing happens when you connect the alarm clock to your computer. Did I summarize your issue correctly?

Hello! The first update for Harmony is out, it’s dedicated strictly to fixing time desynchronisation. Here is a separate thread where i’ll be updating you about new releases. There is another one we are already working on so stay tuned!

Please note that we also released Mudita Center 1.2.0 just recently. Releases passed tests yet we noted there are rare cases of troubles connecting the device to the app and we passed the feedback to Software Team. If you will have problems with connecting your device to the Mudita Center, please contact us directly at support@mudita.com so we can determinate if it either Mudita Harmony or Mudita Center and we will be able to provide help accordingly. Thanks!

3 Likes

I received an email stating that my replacement unit would be delivered yesterday but it did not arrive. Is there a way that I can get a tracking number so that I can keep an eye out?

1 Like

The best way is to contact support@mudita.com :slight_smile:

1 Like

I just updated, and I’ve synchronized the hour.

I want to add that it continues not to start counting the minute from zero seconds when I select it.

Anyway, it is not an issue for now. I’ll give more feedback further.

Thanks to all the team for the update and hard work for the continuous improvement. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I actually replied directly to support@mudita.com within the thread and separately to no avail. Since it is a direct exchange I felt I should be present so I actually altered my schedule but I cannot keep doing this without any proper information. I will send another email and see what transpires. :crossed_fingers:

1 Like

The Pre-wake[-]up light has become one of my favorite features of the Mudita Harmony, as it can wake me up before the alarm chimes.

2 Likes

This is a small thing, but the ‘gong’ for the meditation cuts off prematurely and diminishes the point of having a bell sound. It would also be nice to be able to select from a variety of bell sounds. Additionally volume control on the bell would be great. Thank you!

1 Like