Initial Mudita Harmony Reviews

Hey @Marcin_Hakemer-Ferna thank you very much for this feedback.

1. I really like this idea, great that you are using timer for other purposes. We will take a look into fonts sizes.
  2. Auto timer OFF means that the relaxation will turn off after the track ends and it might happen that the track you chosen was 15 minutes and 30 seconds. If you choose relaxation to e.g. 90 minutes it’ll loop the track for 90 minutes. I suppose you wanted to set the relaxation so that it loops endlessly. It is not available yet but we are exploring this possibility to implement in the future updates.

I understand it might be hard getting used to setting the alarm, I had similar troubles at the beginning. I started activating the alarm right after i switch it off so i don’t have to do it before bed and remember about it. Hope you’ll find some of those information helpful.

2 Likes

^ I vote for this, too – especially for the bell icon and alarm time that sit at the top of the screen (above the current time) when the alarm is enabled, but also for the current time, to make it even more readable at a distance.

My other font-related vote is to enable bolding of the text on the various settings screens, given that this should not disrupt the total height of the text and that this need not disrupt the widths of the words.

2 Likes

Thank you for your response. Would it be possible to add an additional function within the settings for “light on duration” that would work with the light button? Maybe offer 5 seconds, 10 seconds etc. The main button would still only interact with the alarm but there would be a chance of a longer light. Perhaps a “light on” mode that would take control of the main button for intensity control and once exited would revert the button back to alarm adjustment. The Bell, with its simpler design, just gets the lighting right in my opinion and it would be a shame if the Harmony could not offer some of this capability in the future. Fingers crossed :crossed_fingers:

2 Likes

I received my Harmony last week.

I really like it so far as it’s freed up my bedroom from needing to have my smartphone in the room, or on all night. I like the Relaxation and Power Nap functions a lot.

One issue I have is responsiveness; clicking the button doesn’t work every time, for example if you click too quickly after the previous action, it doesn’t register. I still like the alarm clock but it would be nice if I didn’t have to sit and wait, clicking over and over on what I want, until it decides to register a click. I assume that can be fixed with a software update?

Also, I’m looking forward to being able to upload custom tracks, and maybe get some more new tracks in future software updates?

Good work guys!

2 Likes

@mkeames18 Thanks for the feedback. There are two ways to “click” the main knob. There’s the light click & the deep press. Are you referring to the responsiveness of the middle knob or the side buttons?

1 Like

The “light click” on the main knob doesn’t always register. Seems like maybe there’s a delay after previous actions so if you’re trying to set up a relaxation or quick nap quickly, you have to click several times on the selection you want to get it to register.

2 Likes

I’ve reported the issue to the devs. I’ll wait to hear back from them about what the possible issue may be.

1 Like

Hi !

I’ve receive mine a few days ago at QC, Canada.
I use the Mudita Harmony since 2 days and the interface and how the product works are awesome ! The product are good quality, the light are relaxing for the eyes and the Software are really easy to use ! My partner use it to do quick nap and they’re really surprise about how the timer are easy to use ! They’re also use the Background noise to fall asleep and it’s working really fine ! The sound are really clear ! The battery are at 75% at the moment and we use it for the background sound really often. The sound are really great and it’s charging fast ! The instruction are clear and I’m waking up more zen and we’ll see in the future. Really good thing to say about it !

Do you know if there’s update planned eventually for the software ? I’m just curious.

6 Likes

@anon20441913 Thanks for the feedback! We’re very happy to head that you enjoy using your Mudita Harmony. I will ask our team about the update.

Just checking back in after receiving my Harmony on this past Monday, March 21st. In the interest of keeping this short and to the point: I love it! To give it a score out of a possible 100%, it receives a 95%. I’ll focus mainly on what I believe could use some upgrades either software wise or on version 2.0 if Mudita decides that that’s in their future. I can agree with others when they say that there was some learning curve with the center multifunction dial/button. It’s not perfect, but not too distracting when learning to use it. It just takes a little bit to become accustomed to. I learned quickly that when you intend to get to its menu, the multifunction button likes a purposeful light push and not a delicate light push. It’s a little smooth when rotating and could use a bit more grip when twisting to that new alarm setting. It’s fine. Sure it could be better, but it’s a 9 out of 10 for function. On the possible 2.0 version give it either a knurled edge or a rubberized finish. I love the menu options and how it’s organized. I love the music choices and all the options for relaxing and reminding me after a timed nap that I need to get back to it. I’m not at all bothered that I don’t yet have the option to save my own music on to it yet; I know that’s coming and I’m patient for those upgrades. I like others’ suggestion about have a setting to keep the light on longer, but I don’t really need that since I have an under-the-bed light for those dark hour activities that might require an unobtrusive light. It is a great suggestion though. I have not experienced the time advance issue like some others have noted. However, I’ve only had the Harmony for four nights now. I’ll report back with an update in the future if I do experience that. The only thing I miss from a smart phone alarm clock is the ability to have a different alarm time per day. Three days a week I wake at 4 to 5am and the other two days I wake at 6:30am. It’s not a huge thing since I have certainly bought into the simplicity of this clock. But, if separate day alarms don’t look to be a possibility in the Harmony’s future software update, then can we please get un update that allows for a separate hour and minute adjust? Rotating through every minute, even when grip-twisting as fast as I can, is frustration incarnate. That is my one big and only request. Please, with the biggest cherry on top? :wink:

But thank you for a wonderful alarm clock. And My Pure is on the way. I got a notification this Wednesday, March 23rd. I can’t wait to test it.

5 Likes

^ My vote is for something similar. When the big button is up (with the orange ring visible), this means that the alarm will chime when the displayed alarm-time is reached. I vote for a change to what then happens when a user turns the big button. Instead of causing the alarm time to change on a minute-by-minute basis, the first turn of the big button, in my opinion, should throw the user into the Alarm-setting screen that displays the ability to set the hours and minutes. After setting the hours and minutes, a ‘confirmation’ light-click would then throw the display back to the large-font display of the clock time and the smaller-font display of the alarm time. This would address @dcmoto’s request. This also would make it easier for those of us who need glasses or contact lenses when reading the at-the-top-of-the-display alarm time, as it would switch to the settings-menu approach to changing the alarm time, which is MUCH easier to read than the .at-the-top-of-the-display alarm time.

5 Likes

^ I vote for this, too. I rise very early one day a week, and remembering to change the alarm time, although admittedly a first-world problem, is a weekly task that the Harmony software could – and should – eliminate.

5 Likes

Hello, I filled out a form a week ago per instructions from support@mudita.com and sent an email earlier this week and haven’t heard back from anyone.

1 Like

I noticed that sometimes when setting up the relaxation, it won’t play until I back out and set it up again. I’ll see if I can get video of it.

Keeping with mudita focusing on healthy habits, I’d vote for the clock to have an option to have the light gradually turn on and then the alarm activate. This will help further guide people out of sleep. The sounds are very nice and calming and I think the gradual light (especially thoroughly those who have black out curtains, which I do) would take this clock over the top.

I like the idea of a little more tactile feel for the main know but it isn’t a big deal for me at this point in my life. Same with the multiple alarms function or setting the timer without having to scroll. I notice that’s only from the “clock” screen, not when going to set the alarm from the menu.

I tried to use the relaxation sounds during my power nap but I didn’t see how that was an option. Is it an option? If not, I’d vote strongly for it.

Overall I enjoy this clock SO much. Can’t wait to receive my Pure, I received shipping info for my Pebble Grey today. To be honest I was a little bummed that Mudita shipped the charcoal first when Mudita initially only had the pebble grey. :man_shrugging:t5:

I am typing with my thumbs…so forgive typos. The Pure will help support moving away from major thumb typing and so much more. Yay!

2 Likes

I also would like different alarm times per day, but I also really need to have multiple alarms on the same day. I have a medication that I need to take about an hour before I wake up. Without this medication it is almost impossible for me to wake up when I need to. On my phone, I’d set an alarm for 5am and 6am the night before - 5am to take my medication and roll back over, 6am to actually awaken. I tried doing this with the Harmony by forwarding the alarm by an hour at 5am - but because I literally need this medication to kick in before I can really wake up, I would simply forget (or be physically unable to keep my eyes open long enough) and go back to sleep. So right now, I still need to use my phone for at least one of the alarms, which kind of defeats the purpose for me. If this functionality were added, it would honestly really improve my QOL, at least where my sleep is concerned.

2 Likes

I wonder if you could add this functionality to the light button. Here is what I imagine:

1. In the settings, offer users the choice of how long they’d like the light to remain on once it is manually turned on.
  2. Long press on the light button to turn it on, and long press to turn it off.
  3. Normal presses would turn up the light intensity. After it reaches the highest intensity (10), normal presses would go back to the lowest intensity (1).

Is this possible?

3 Likes

Playing relaxing music during the power nap is also what I miss. Sometimes I need a power nap, but there is too much noise coming from outside etc. I would normally play some nature sounds on my phone, and set an alarm on my phone, but I don’t want to use my phone, so… it would be great to be able to play the sounds and have the power nap alarm also work…

3 Likes

Hello Mudita,
I’ve only had my alarm clocks for two days, but the Harmony stopped working today. By not working, I mean that I would lightly push the main button to get to the menu, and nothing would happen. I tried to reset it by pressing the setting and light buttons down simultaneously as it suggested in the manual, but now it says “service in progress” and has remained that way since.

what can be done about this Harmony not working anymore? I have a second harmony that I bought still in a box. I’m disappointed that the first Harmony has stopped working?

My friend would like to know if it is possible to load audio files onto either the Bell or the Harmony that I have now?

For feedback. I wish you had made the e-ink screen on the Harmony to be the full circle, isntad of a horizontal shape that doesn’t fit the circle. it would have looked so much cooler.

I haven’t had these units long enough, but saw in this thread that the battery life on Harmony only lasts 10-12 days. If this is true I would not buy the Harmony. I feel very disappointed in this and wish I could return both units of the Harmony. Like I said above, one of the Harmonies I purchased stopped working, so…what can be done?

2 Likes

@Felicia_Hobert Thank you for the feedback & we’re sorry that you’re not happy with your Mudita Harmony & that it’s not working as you expected it to function. Have you tried a hard reset of the device?
We do accept returns within 14 days of receiving your device, so if it has not been 14 days since the the device has been delivered, you can return it.

@kirkmahoneyphd Our team said that, for them no light leakage is acceptable, however, it’s up to you what you would like to do at this point. if you’re OK with a hairline, then we wouldn’t want to force you to replace it.

1 Like