Initial Mudita Harmony Reviews

Same here, approx. 20 seconds a day too fast. Hopefully, that’s fixable via a firmware update.

2 Likes

Hello everyone, thank you for reporting all your issues as soon as you notice something worrying. We’ve noted multiple comments about few-minute differences, we forwarded it to our team and we are working on improving this performance as much as possible in this hardware device. We are very sorry for this inconvenience, I hope we will be able to improve the software very soon. Thank you for your patience and understanding.

8 Likes

@joeheb You can do a factory reset to see if that fixes the problem and logs can be sent to Mudita via Mudita Center. Hopefully that helps. Let us know if you were able to sort everything out or do we need to escalate the issue.

Hi @urszula,

Thanks. Like I wrote I found out how to hard reboot it (light button + back button for a couple of seconds). That fixed it for now.

1 Like

I will just comment to express my dissatisfaction. The ability to load my own tracks onto the Harmony was THE reason I preordered the device months ago. I use meditations and sleep stories to help me sleep and doing the Bluetooth dance every night is not ideal. I live with it cause I don’t want my phone in my bedroom, but the Harmony was supposed to deliver a solution for me and so far it has not.

Its also disappointing this lack of feature was not mentioned to those on preorder sooner. I don’t have time to check every website everyday, and would’ve appreciated a heads up. I only found out about this lack of advertised feature when I came to the site to learn how to load songs, not a good experience. The product page still lists adding tracks as a feature, so even gong there wouldn’t have clued me in.

So far, I am disappointed. I’ve been waiting for the Harmony for months and was so excited when it got delivered today. Then to find THE ONE reason I bought it isn’t available yet really sours the experience.

I hope the ability to load my own tracks is added soon; otherwise, I don’t know how my opinion of Mudita will evolve.

3 Likes

@jeromey Thank you for your feedback. We’re sorry that we did not meet your initial expectations. We do plan on adding that feature shortly. I will tag @aleksandra- the product lead for Mudita Harmony, perhaps she can give you a better idea of when to expect the next Mudita Harmony update.

Hello @jeromey thank you very much for your honest review. I’m very sorry the feature you most looked forward too is not available yet. Our main goal is to deliver best quality products. Unfortunately, we had to postpone releasing some features of Harmony since they were just not meeting our standards. I can assure you however, that our team is constantly working on improving performance of the device as well as introducing the features we had planned. I hope that Harmony will soon meet all your need and you’ll be more satisfied with the device since we plan of releasing regular software updates. Meanwhile, if you have any more specific questions you can contact us directly at support@mudita.com - we are always there to help.

2 Likes

I received my Harmony today and I’m having trouble accessing the main menu.
I assumed turning the knob would open the menu but it only changes the alarm time. Pressing the back button resets the alarm to 7:13am instead of the 7:30am I had set.

I got to the main menu a couple times by pressing down the light and back button but it doesn’t work every time - sometimes it goes to reset and sometimes it does nothing.
Is there a trick I’m missing or is my unit faulty?

I tried a factory reset but am still having the same issues. I’m not sure if I’m missing instructions but the quick start guide starts with explaining how to select menu options but doesn’t specify how to pull up the menu. The Harmony full user manual was not listed with the manuals for the other devices in the Knowledge Base. I downloaded Mudita center and couldn’t find user information there either.

1 Like

@jamisennnn Thanks for reaching out. Sorry that you’re experiencing issue. I’m assuming you charged the device fully. Are you able to connect Mudita Harmony to Mudita Center in order to send us the error logs?

Yes, it was fully charged before I tried to use it.
I have it connected to Mudita Center - do the logs automatically send or do I have to do it manually?

1 Like

Hi @jamisennnn Sorry to hear you are having troubles with Harmony. It might be very simple but i just want to make sure you are using the main knob correctly so that we can define if in this case it’s used differently or the device is faulty.

The main knob has three different movements that enable navigation:

• deep press - it’ll make the orange appear or disappear and it’s activating and deactivating the alarm
  • light press - you need a lot less pressure in this case and it doesn’t change the knob’s position - you’ll just hear a quiet click without having the orange band appearing or disappearing. It’s used to access menu from main screen and confirm settings
  • rotation - on main screen it’s used for quick alarm change (that needs to be confirmed by light press - in your case it seems like you might have missed this step) and also to navigate the device in the settings.

Please let us know if you are using the light click correctly - you’d be able to hear a quiet click on the main knob but it won’t change the position of the knob overall. From your message i figure there might be some misclicks while the device is functioning correctly but is very hard to tell so i might be wrong.

If you believe you use the device correctly with light clicks on the knob and accordingly to quick start guide yet something still doesn’t seem to work then please contact us directly at support@mudita.com and we will be able to go through it step by step to find out what’s the issue here. Hope this will help!

4 Likes

Thank you! Yes, that worked. I was pushing too hard for the light press - I didn’t understand the difference from reading the quick start guide.
Glad it was just user error! Looking forward to playing with the features!

3 Likes

@jamisennnn Glad i could help! If you have any more questions please let us know, looking forward to you feedback and review of Harmony :relaxed:

2 Likes

I’ve also got the issue with the clock running too fast. About a week in, it’s now 3 minutes fast… Looking forward to the fix!

One thing that confused me is there is no “snooze chime every one minute” in order to keep the body more awake - I guess it’s coming In a future updates?

I second the suggestion of another person that there should be a way to define the duration of the light (potentially indefinite, if the user so chooses). Also as mentioned elsewhere it would be nice if the brightness could be changed via the knob, for instance within 5 seconds of turning the light on, or perhaps in combination with holding the light button while turning the knob (as a non-intrusive “power user” feature). Finally, I for one would appreciate the option for the light to stay on for as long as snooze mode is ongoing.

On the whole I am satisfied with the clock, especially as it will be improved by updates in the future. Build quality seems decent - with one niggle. At least on my unit, the “light touch” of the main button only works about 2/3 of the time - often it clicks but it doesn’t register. Not sure if this is a hardware or software issue.

3 Likes

Hi @mike22 Thank you for you comments, i’ll be able to answer some of your concerns, hope it’ll be helpful.

Snooze chimes as well as other alarm setting are customisable and these features are already available. Go to menu -> settings -> alarm and you’ll be able to personalise all three stages of the alarm along with snoozes.

Thanks for the suggestions in terms of light features, we’ve been working on these features but there are many corner cases that we need to avoid. We are not giving up so maybe in the future updates we will be able to implement your ideas!

The information about light press is a bit concerning. If you do not interact with the device you might need to light click the device twice to wake it up, that might be the issue here. Also, a common mistake might be putting too much pressure and the device confuses light click with deep press. If both of those cases are not the issue then there might be some problems we would be able to sort out. Remember you can always contact us directly at support@mudita.com and we will be able to help.

Glad you like the device overall, hope some of those informations above will be helpful. :slightly_smiling_face:

4 Likes

Thanks for the quick and friendly reply, Aleksandra!

To clarify on the light press: the non-registering happens after I’ve just entered the menu system, so it’s definitely not a case of needing to wake it up. And I’m definitely not pressing too hard - I’m pressing just enough so that it clicks, if I press slightly harder I sometimes get what feels like a mild second click in between the first and the full press, though. It can get rather frustrating, tbh, so I guess I’ll contact support and see about the option of sending the clock back for repair/replacement.

About the snooze chime: I didn’t realize that it was a multi-step process! Since snooze was already turned on, I figured that was all that could be configured and didn’t bother trying to confirm the option - if I had, I would have seen the additional settings. Not sure if there’s a way to make this more intuitive - maybe a visual indicator of multiple steps, like dots along the bottom of the screen, might help. At least now that I know, I know. :blush:

2 Likes

No problem @mike22 always happy to help.

Please contact support so that we can investigate the issue more closely. Maybe there are some bugs we will be able to fix via software update and there will be no need to send the device. Let’s take a closer look to figure it out. :thinking:

Glad you found the alarm settings and thank you for your recommendations for improvement. We had to differentiate setting the alarm time from alarm settings this is why they are in separate section in the menu. The default alarm is a bit simplified but i really recommend all the extra features of the alarm and personalising it. It really turns into ultimate wake up experience :sweat_smile:

3 Likes

Does this mean there is a possibility that the Harmony will not have the same light functionality as the Bell? The ability of the Bell to have immediate control over the light’s intensity is so convenient and the 10 minute light duration option is great for providing just enough light to negotiate my bedroom whilst avoiding the need to engage my overhead light. I really do hope that the Harmony will be able to match the Bell in this area in the future.

2 Likes

Hey @skilletsauce on the contrary to Bell, turning the knob on Harmony begins a quick alarm change instead of light change. Since we have quick alarm change available, it’s not that easy to implement the same functionality as in Bell. This is just a simple examples of corner cases we are figuring out. We have to make sure the UX is consistent within the device first so that it’s more intuitive, then among other devices. But, we hear you :wink: Every time we see a comment or a review that indicates some features are more or less useful we take that feedback into consideration. For now, Bell and Harmony don’t have the same light options just because Harmony has an additional feature. Hopefully in the future we will be able to introduce the same or similar frontlight options for both devices. It really depends on further reviews of quick alarm change function and frontlight settings for Harmony. This is why all those opinions and reviews on forum are so important to us, thanks for taking your time to share your thoughts with us. :relaxed:

5 Likes

Harmony:

1. For me the power nap feature could have larger fonts and bigger bars showing the progress of the “nap”. I use this as a timer with my Child so he knows when play time is over. There is room for having larger fonts, it would be great if you could make this happen :pray:t2:

2. For some reason when I turn on Relaxation and choose my tune, and then set the auto off timer to OFF, it defaults to 15 minutes and 30 seconds (so it’s still on).

What I’m not used to is having to click the button later on, to make sure the alarm is on for the next morning.

1 Like