Initial Mudita Harmony Reviews

This is my Mudita Harmony on level 10 brightness in a pitch black bathroom.

2 Likes

Wow! I guess I have an unlucky unit. I checked my Bell and there is no leakage at all. Is there something that can be done about my unit? I don’t want to try to twist or compress anything on the clock for fear of making matters worse.

1 Like

I purchased two Mudita Harmony’s that were delivered today. The first one I opened display the Mudita symbol with a faint “no battery” symbol behind it. It has been plugged in for 45-minutes and it won’t turn on. I searched for way to reset the clock, but couldn’t find any information. I have sent a support ticket in about this.

The other Harmony is plugged in and seems to be charging and working as designed.

1 Like

@skilletsauce I talked to our customer service team & we will be replacing your unit. Could you please open up a support ticket in this case, so you can provide them with all your info. We won’t want to start sharing names & shipment addresses here on the public forum :smiley:

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Do you see this? or is some light leaking?

@mmallen37 Make sure you plug both in for a few hours. If one of them is not charging correctly, you might have to do a factory reset & charge it again. In the new software, we implemented “transportation mode” to guard against any issues connected with shipment.

2 Likes

It took two hours for me until starting to charge.

About the light, I also have some (medium-intensity) light come out from the sides. My impression is that the front frame isn’t completely sealed.

2 Likes

@roberto Would you be able to take some pix? I will forward to our team & see if you also need a replacement. How about the Mudita Bell?

Hello @mmallen37 Thank you for letting us know. I’m sorry you are having issues with one of the devices. Please try to reset it, as Ula mentioned, by pressing back and light buttons at once for up to 10 seconds WHILE having the Harmony plugged in. If it’s not gonna be responsive please unplug the device and contact us at support@mudita.com so we can provide you with a working device but also investigate more into detail so that we can make sure it will not repeat in the future. Whatever caused the inconvenience, we are very sorry! Hope we will figure it out very soon.

@urszula: I get a “hairline” of light leaking on each side with my light set to 10. (a) This does not bother me, and (b) I now keep my light set to 1, which is more than enough to “pre-wake” and to “wake” me in the morning (in a dark bedroom).

But, if this bothers Mudita, then please let me know. Thank you. I understand, if your quality-control folks find the hairline leaks unacceptable, so I am willing to fix/replace it if they do!

1 Like

The pictures are below. :slight_smile:

Let me be clear: It is NOT an issue for me to replace it.

My suggestions are with the software, especially the minute’s discrepancy, as I commented above (Initial Mudita Harmony Reviews). BTW, at the moment, it already goes in FOUR minutes difference.

2 Likes

I received my Harmony on Friday, 11 March, and the start of Daylight Saving Time here in the USA forced me to update its time on the morning of Sunday, 13 March.

Because the Harmony does not display seconds, it is difficult for me to be certain to what exactly I am setting its clock when I change its time.

But, my Harmony now seems to be at least one minute fast as of 4.5 days later. My “reference” time-piece is a Garmin Forerunner watch, which is quite accurate.

I will keep an eye on my Harmony’s clock for the next few weeks, to see whether it keeps advancing.

3 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd If you’re OK with it, we won’t force you to exchange it. However, I will ask our team to be sure.

1 Like

Thanks for your response. I used the same cord and charger block for both clocks. The one that I thought had a charging issue is working just fine. It’s at 89% after using the relaxation sounds for 15 minutes 3x and the alarm clock the past two nights.
The other clock has been plugged in since Wednesday night. With the clock still plugged in, I tried multiple times to hold down the back and light key for 10s, 5s, 15s, 20s at different times and the clock isn’t responding. Sending a message to support@mudita.com. Thank you.

1 Like

I was pleasantly surprised by the delivery of my Mudita Harmony today. To be honest, I had forgotten about it. I’ve only had it for a short time, but after a brief charging period, it turned on with no problem. Here are my initial thoughts.
Pros:

• Packaging is very well done and was a pleasure to look at and open.
  • Feels and looks great. The buttons have a satisfying click, and the button wheel on top is a clever navigational tool. Very good build quality from initial impressions.
  • E-ink screen is fast and responsive with minimal ghosting
  • Navigating the interface has a minimal learning curve
  • Features are excellent. Meditation timer, custom sounds, power naps, bedtime, are more than enough for an alarm clock.

Cons:
I honestly haven’t found any. Then again, I’ve only had it for a short while! I will test further and update if necessary.

In conclusion, I’m quite pleased with my Harmony. I’ve had some nice/fancy alarm clocks like the Loftie alarm clock (which I returned), and the Harmony is better. It is very well done and a pleasure to use. Plus, I’m happy to finally have a Mudita product I can use daily! Great work, Mudita team.

3 Likes

Same issue here with the time shift. I received mine a couple of days ago and at the moment it is two minutes faster than it should be. Besides that, only a small amount of light leakage

2 Likes

Two days after, I have one more minute ahead, a total of FIVE minutes since two weeks ago.

3 Likes

I am also 5 minutes ahead in about as many weeks. This is perplexing to say the least.

3 Likes

Yesterday at 10:15 PM my harmony just froze. I can still turn the light on and off, but nothing else happens. Is there any way of hard resetting of the harmony?

Edit: yes, there is via long pressing the lights and the back button. after that it normally booted and showed the correct time so it seems that maybe the displayed driver crashed. are there any logs or anything?

1 Like

I can confirm that my Harmony is also going too fast by 2-3 minutes per week.

4 Likes