Initial Mudita Harmony Reviews

I would have to say that I slightly enjoy the Harmony a little more despite the issues that I addressed because of the features. The Bell just works and the 10 minute light and ability to adjust the light intensity is utilized nightly. I only have 2 issues with the Bell and that’s the time adjust button being so smooth as to be hard to grip and turn and the single direction of both the alarm and the time set buttons. I think if there were a little texture or serrations on the time set button it would basically be perfect. For my wants I would still lean towards the Harmony but the Bell is closer to being the complete article I think at this stage.

1 Like

Hi there,

Not a thorough feedback yet as I just received my Harmony today.
The first impression is rather positive although I cannot turn the clock on. It seems to have arrived uncharged and I cannot find the expected charging time anywhere in the manual.

By the way, where can I find the full user manual on your website?

1 Like

@ptaked Charge it for at least an hour. Two if you want to be safe.
When you receive Mudita Harmony, it’s in “Transportation Mode” so it’s safe during shipping. Charge it for at least an hour & you should be good to go.
We are making some changes to the full user manual & it will be online shortly.

Thank you. I will do as advised.

1 Like

@ptaked Let us know how it goes & if you’re experiencing any issues.

A quick follow-up.

After ten days, I’m charging Mudita Harmony for the first time with 13%. I wrote before that I would expect around one month, but I was too optimistic. However, I don’t feel it is a bad thing. 10-12 days of battery for everyday use is ok for me.

I want to report a curious situation. When I adjusted the hours the first time, it was only a few seconds desynchronized from my mac. Ten days after, I see a plus three minutes difference. Is anyone experiencing the same thing?

5 Likes

I too see more of a drain from the battery than I expected. The Bell clearly out performs the Harmony in the battery category which I found interesting since it actually has a physical mechanism.

1 Like

I suppose it has to do something with the insufficient software optimization in the Harmony (the same problem as the Pure has), which could be improved via a software update.

3 Likes

FedEx delivered my Mudita Harmony on Friday evening, so here’s my side-by-side comparison of it vs. my Braun Classic Travel Analogue Clock, which I have moved to my office and will take with me on trips.

Five Benefits of the Braun over the Harmony

1. Cheaper
  2. Lighter
  3. Smaller
  4. Longer-lasting energy
  5. Seconds display (hand)

Ten Benefits of the Harmony over the Braun

1. Adjustable brightness
  2. Multiple melodies & nature sounds
  3. Louder
  4. Rechargeable
  5. Meditation timer
  6. Power-nap timer
  7. Bedtime reminder
  8. Relaxation sounds
  9. Pre-wake-up tone and/or light
  10. Wake-up light (as well as tone)

In my opinion, each is worth what it costs for what it does.

7 Likes

I also like my harmony very much so far. One thing I’d like to change is the wakeup light. When snoozing it immediately turns off. It would be nice if one could configure if it should stay on during snooze or maybe fade out and fade in again.

5 Likes

BUILD QUALITY CONCERN
After using the Harmony for two weeks I noticed that there is some light leakage coming from the side housing. I did not see this initially due to the clock face pointing directly at me when the dial was illuminated but by happenstance I had a different angle and noticed the leakage. I wonder if anyone else has this issue?

1 Like

I posted a mini update to my initial review as it pertained to the housing of the Harmony. There is some light leakage coming from the seam of the housing due to an ill fitting cover ring. I have enclosed 2 images in my follow up.

2 Likes

I see less light leakage than you see when I set my light level to the highest (10) – as if the front ring fits my Harmony better than your front ring fits your Harmony.

2 Likes

@skilletsauce Thanks for sharing the pictures. I’ve forwarded your feedback to the design team & I am waiting to hear back. In the meantime I will check my Harmony when it gets dark.

2 Likes

The issue occurs when brightness level is between 5-10. It’s the left side of the housing. I will check the Bell when it gets dark and give you my feedback.

1 Like

This is my Mudita Harmony on level 10 brightness in a pitch black bathroom.

2 Likes

Wow! I guess I have an unlucky unit. I checked my Bell and there is no leakage at all. Is there something that can be done about my unit? I don’t want to try to twist or compress anything on the clock for fear of making matters worse.

1 Like

I purchased two Mudita Harmony’s that were delivered today. The first one I opened display the Mudita symbol with a faint “no battery” symbol behind it. It has been plugged in for 45-minutes and it won’t turn on. I searched for way to reset the clock, but couldn’t find any information. I have sent a support ticket in about this.

The other Harmony is plugged in and seems to be charging and working as designed.

1 Like

@skilletsauce I talked to our customer service team & we will be replacing your unit. Could you please open up a support ticket in this case, so you can provide them with all your info. We won’t want to start sharing names & shipment addresses here on the public forum :smiley:

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd Do you see this? or is some light leaking?