Hotspot 4G connection with iOs

Hello,
The Mudita phone is really interesting. But, we ask ourselves if it can connect to an iPhone with a “USB-C toward Lightning” cable, in order to have a hotspot 4G on the iPhone ? (also iPad) It’s important for us that it would be possible, especially to use the GPS on the iPhone in move, or also the popular Facebook Messenger for example to keep contact with some people abroad.
Thanks a lot.
Emeline

2 Likes

I too would ideally like hotspot functionality for iPad: from reading a previous thread regarding this, I understand that it is being considered, but will not be implemented from the time of release.
If GPS and FB Messenger were particularly important to me, I would just stick with the iPhone altogether…but this should work similarly to iPad, if and when they enable such operation.

3 Likes

@3meline Thank you for reaching out with your question. I am going to check on this for you.

1 Like

That would be a complete game-changer for me order other mudita. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

This sharing of 4G from the Pure to a phone (without a SIM card) as a hotspot (wireless connection between the Pure and another phone) or tethering via usb cable seems to be the decisive factor for me, now. I’d love to reduce my Android phone usage and buy the Mudita Pure. I have surveyed the market and it is very difficult to find another feature phone with 4G hotspot functionality with a sar value below 0.5.

However, and unfortunately, in my everyday I’m compelled to use messengers tied to my phone number (Signal, WA…). I have an Android phone with 4G for that. I would hesitate to use a tablet with SIM-capability because I like to keep the device with me.

If I’ll get the Pure, I wish to have my SIM in the Pure only. With that SIM comes my 4G. So, to be able to keep on using the above mentioned messengers on my Android phone, I need to obtain the 4G for it from the Pure. Hence, my question is, if Mudita Pure can be used with or without any cables as a 4G hotspot for Android or iOS phone? Will the tethering work through USB OTG, e.g.?

Checking messages once-twice per day and connecting cables for that sounds a bit laborious. But Mudita Pure being such a unique piece of equipment I’d be ready to go that extra mile.

1 Like

@3meline My apologies for the late reply . There was a bit of confusion & my colleague answered the question on another thread: Tethering to iPad pro

Thanks! Didn’t browse through the forum properly. Will keep a close look at the community efforts to grab the opportunity later on.

1 Like