Tethering to iPad pro

Hi. Can the mudita work as a modem with an iPad pro with a usb-c cable?

6 Likes

I second this question ^^

3 Likes

@carreidas @2xeyes
At the moment this is not possible, however as soon as we open-source the code it might be one of the first issues that the community might start working on - writing an iOS driver. I hope this helps!

4 Likes

Would love to have the drivers for Android, as well. With no coding skills I’d be willing to give my two cents to the community project.

4 Likes

I would love this

2 Likes

I’m also interested to connect my ipad with the pure. Is there an update?

2 Likes

Unfortunately - nothing new regarding this topic :neutral_face:

3 Likes

Thanks for your prompt reply. Is it possible to use the TP-Link AC750 Wireless Travel Router Review TL-WR902AC as a temporary solution ?

2 Likes

Could you please advise how such a solution should work? I might be missing something. Are you asking whether it would be possible to use a wireless router with Pure?

2 Likes

Maybe a silly question but will the Pure connect to a MacBook Air direct with a USB-c to USB-c cable, or does it have to connect to a laptop or PC with a USB-type A 2.0 as with the cable you have for sale on this very website?

The MacBook Air 2020 only has USB-c/thunderbolt connectors.

Thanks in advance.

3 Likes

@texastwo: Thank you for asking this. The same question applies to the HP zBook.

2 Likes

Indeed. And a lot of folk are now using Chromebooks as a cheaper alternative to Windows and MacOS devices. So as an extension to my original question, I guess it would be logical to ask if there any plans for Pure to connect to Chrome devices for the desktop app, for file transfer and updates?

3 Likes

ChromeOS is Linux based. If it’s an Intel-based chrome book, you should be able to get the Mudita app to work on it.

2 Likes

A lot of TP Link routers support OpenWRT, and the Mudita App supports Linux… so… maybe? I am not sure how the phone’s tethering mode works. I know that I was able to use tethering from a cellular USB dongle with a GL.iNet travel router at one point. The Linux kernel on the router already had the support for it, so “it just worked”.

2 Likes

Can’t they use the Bluetooth connection instead of the cable for internet connection? Would solve a lot of problems?

3 Likes

@rob1979 I will have to check with our team on this, but it’s an interesting idea.

1 Like

I like the idea. For work reasons, I have the iPad mini replacing the smartphone. I wanted the wifi option to avoid unnecessary “checkings.” If for some reason, I need to go to the internet, that option would be perfect.

@urszula, a curiosity: Did the team test tethering the Mudita to an iPad with USB-c?

3 Likes

@roberto This is a tricky situation & our team tested it & it doesn’t really work, because Apple products, don’t always play well with other products. Apple software is proprietary & it’s specifically designed to work within the iOS ecosystem. It’s not always a seamless transition with cable tethering. I’m curious:
Is this something that is crucial for the Mudita Community?

1 Like

Thank you, @urszula. In my case, I would be more than happy with the bluetooth option. :slight_smile:

3 Likes

@Wojciech_Cichon is Bluetooth tethering an option for Pure?

2 Likes