Frozen screen, bricked Pure?

Hi, yesterday my Pure’s screen froze at 11PM. The device doesn’t show up when connecting via USB to a linux machine (no messages shown when running sudo dmesg -w.

I tried re-seating the battery, and then charged it with a 5V 2A charger from the Raspberry Pi foundation. The issue persists.

I had successfully updated the OS-P on Sat, 1 Oct via Mudita Center, and everything seemed functional.

Is there something else I can try?

1 Like

@sharethewisdom Thanks for reaching out. We’re sorry that you’re experiencing issues. What happens if you plug the phone to your laptop? Is it recognized?

Hi thanks for your reply. No, it is not recognized.

I plugged / unplugged the phone with usb while running the above command (that is commonly used to find out if the linux kernel ring buffer receives info about a new device). When I did the same thing a week ago, while the Pure was “alive”, messages appeared with vendor info.

1 Like

To be sure - the phone is not responsible after reseating the battery and turning it on? Please leave it then connected to the charger for a longer period of time. If it won’t help, we’ll try to figure out what happened

1 Like

try different cable

1 Like

:smile: :relieved: I’m relieved to report that I was able to turn on the phone and connect it after a two-day charge. :partying_face:

2 Likes

How do I inspect the MuditaOS logs? I think the battery was not depleted at the time it froze the screen. For some reason, the keypad wasn’t properly locked and I had emergency contacts open. I remember that there was some issue with responsiveness in that section. (Also I’d prefer not to make accidental emergency calls so easily.)

1 Like

@sharethewisdom You can send the file with the logs using Mudita Center.

Thanks, though I prefer to read the logs myself.

At some point in the future, I’ll need to be able to debug the OS myself. Customer support may no longer be available after a few years, and I’d like to be able to compile and upload my own OS fork to the device by then.

A lot of effort was put into the project by Mudita. It would be great if a technical community could carry some of the maintenance burden. I’m honestly not sure why the Mudita center program is used; could the Arduino IDE and “common unix tools” not serve a similar purpose to interact with the Pure phone?

2 Likes

@sharethewisdom
Fair point.
I will pass this on to the team.

2 Likes

just buy a new one

1 Like