COMMUNITY Announcement: Please DO NOT pay additional FedEx/Courier/Duty fees

This topic has been addressed before, but It has come up again, so we would like to remind everyone who is outside of the EU and orders anything from Mudita, they are not obligated to pay any additional duties, customs or import taxes. Mudita covers all of those fees. If you do receive a letter from FedEx or any other courier requesting that you pay ANYTHING before they release your package, please contact us right away. Also, if you receive any invoices with your package asking you pay taxes or import duties- please let us know right away, so that we may address the situation ASAP.

2 Likes

Just saw this post…yes I got a call from fed ex saying I have to pay duty fee…

1 Like

@cardio79 Please contact our customer support to straighten this out.

Yup contacted…the shipment still shows it has not arrived here in Canada so not sure if the call I got yesterday was in fact a scam… That is the latest update:

IN TRANSIT
At local FedEx facility
KOELN DE

Not sure why I would be getting a phone call for dutie fees if its not in my country yet…thats the only time I’ve ever gotten a call like that from Fedex or DHL.

Hopefully the team sorting this out does not cause a delay in delivery

1 Like

In Cologne (Köln) is the big customs hub in Germany. Almost everything going out by air freight from Europe has to go through there.

2 Likes

So you think this automated call was legit?

1 Like

I wouldn’t go so far. It COULD be that it was really FedEx (which I don’t know of course). But even that wouldn’t make it a legit one. Better check with the Mudita Support for that.

I just wanted to explain why Cologne always shows up here. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

Yeah I reached out to then have not head anything back. Was really looking forward to getting the phone on Tuesday. Looks like there may be a delay :-1:

1 Like

I have passed this info on to our team. We will check on it & get back to you as soon as possible.

1 Like

Hi guys, I’m gonna bump this up!
If anyone has reported an issue with FedEx, please note that we are handing the issue internally & you do not have to do anything on your end. Thank you guys for your patience & we apologize for the inconvenience

If anyone is having issues with Fedex or any other shipment courier, please let us know. @Joyce did your situation get resolved?

@urszula The tracking says in transit and should be arriving with the hour, I think. So I guess it’s been resolved. Thanks.

1 Like

@urszula the update is confusing because the “new” delivery date is the same date of today, July 25 by 8pm but now it seems like that there is a delay and not even in the country.

1 Like