Apple 3.5mm earphones/microphone not working with Pure

I have discovered that the Apple earphone/microphone combination that connects using a 3.5mm audio jack (Apple product number MNHF2FE/A) , does not work with the Mudita Pure. I have tried three different sets, one of which was brand new, and none of these worked. I am running OS version 1.3.0 on my Pure.

I purchased a generic alternative to this Apple earphone/microphone set and this worked without an issue. If you are wondering, this is what I purchased: https://www.bigw.com.au/product/moki-classic-stereo-earphones-with-mic-white/p/726310

Is anyone else having this issue with the Apple 3.5mm earphone/microphone combination not working on their Pure? I don’t understand why the Apple product does not work but the cheap generic product works without any problems.

2 Likes

@user1 Thanks for bringing this up. As with all Apple products, they are really not meant to work correctly outside of the Apple ecosystem. Apple uses proprietary technology, which does not always play well with others. There are time that it might work half-way, but not all the functions will work.

2 Likes

@urszula, I believe that this news says everything.

I think that Apple will lose a customer soon.

1 Like

@roberto This sentence in the article got me:
It all comes down to a lack of interoperability between iMessage and RCS, both messaging systems that could allow higher-quality images and videos — if they worked together.

The bottom line is: Apple just does not want to play well with others.

2 Likes

I agree with you, and I add that it was an unfortunate (maybe arrogant or a failed way of trying to bring the Steve Jobs nostalgia) statement which, as an apple user, I don’t identify myself.

1 Like

I have the same issue with the Apple 3.5mm headphones. However, I never have an issue with audio in or out when I use it on my Android phone. I can skip a track and go back, but I can’t adjust the volume.

The corded Apple headphones are my favorite because of the shape. The Mudita Earphones I purchased have been a let down. The ear piece doesn’t stay in well and then with the bulky cord, it adds even more weight and pulls them out of my ears.

1 Like

@mmallen37 We’re sorry you didn’t like the Mudita Headphones.
When it comes to the Apple headphones, that’s the point I was trying to make: sometimes they work, sometimes they don’t. There’s really no consistency outside of the Apple ecosystem.

1 Like

@mmallen37 Yes, that’s why I like the Apple earphones, as well, and why I have three pairs of them. Of all of the earphones that I’ve tried, I like the shape of them the best. So far they’ve worked in every device that I’ve owned, except for the Mudita Pure.

2 Likes

@user1 Do other headphones work with Mudita Pure- I’m thinking of NON-APPLE ones?

I had the same problem with a non-apple earphone with my former Nokia 6300. I never had that problem using apple earphones.

I wonder why a simple 3.5mm earphone can have so much incompatibility.

2 Likes

I do not (yet) have a Mudita Pure, but I use the same wired Apple earphones with my current phone (a Nokia 6300 4G) and can confirm that the mic/volume controls do not work with it either. As far as I can tell, the issue is with the earphones being incompatible with non-Apple devices, not the phones.

2 Likes

@whyoungblood Thanks for this info. This is one of the reasons why I’ve stayed away from Apple products. It really irks me that you always have to be in their ecosystem for things to work with each other.

I’ve only tried the Pure with the Apple earphones (model number above in my original post) and the cheap generic earphones that I purchased (link in my original post above). I don’t have any other earphones that I could try with the Pure. The Apple earphones work on my Nokia 225 and my work laptops which it why I have three sets of them.

1 Like

Hey! It’s odd that the Apple earphone/microphone combo isn’t syncing up with your Mudita Pure, right? Sometimes compatibility can be a bit finicky. Have you checked if there are any specific settings or configurations required for the Apple product to work seamlessly with the Pure? It’s great you found a workaround with the generic alternative.

1 Like

@palumanic Hi. Thanks for reaching out. Are you using Apple iPods (the wireless ones)?
I think I mentioned this previously, as with all Apple products, they are really not meant to work correctly outside of the Apple ecosystem. That’s the whole idea behind Apple.
It uses proprietary technology, which does not always play well with others. There are time that it might work half-way, but not all the functions will work.
I think maybe @roberto (who I know is in the Apple ecosystem) can shed some light one this.

1 Like

Apple products such as AirPods can exhibit limitations when used with non-Apple devices. I experienced issues with the 3.5mm connections on non-Apple devices, particularly with volume controls. I didn’t check with Pure.

Ironically, I currently use Beats Pro, part of Apple’s lineup. I have been unable to make video calls with them because my MacBook does not activate them for that purpose, even if they are selected.

1 Like

Hey! It’s odd that the Apple earphone/microphone combo isn’t syncing up with your Mudita Pure, right? Sometimes compatibility can be a bit finicky. Have you checked if there are any specific settings or configurations required for the Apple product to work seamlessly with the Pure? It’s great you found a workaround with the generic alternative.

1 Like

I actually don’t think it’s odd at all. It’s basically their business model.
Apple products are known for their closed ecosystem, which means that they are designed to work seamlessly with other Apple products and software, but may not be compatible with non-Apple devices or have non-standard components.
This means that you may experience poor interoperability with non-Apple devices.
Tim Cook basically said that compatibility is not a priority for Apple:

1 Like

Look at the irony of his (stupid) statement:

2 Likes