Why don't we have more real reviews yet?

Hello guys, I have been a silent reader until today. I check this forum almost every day for news around the mudita pure phone.

The given review-topic has over 150 replies and it’s a pain in the @$$ to scroll down every time. Could we maybe add a topic where only new reviews can be posted and if someone wants to comment on one, this person can open a new topic. Or every reviewer makes his own topic…
But to read through all the 150 replies is not so nice.

Another thing I don’t understand at all: how is it possible, that there is not one single review on YouTube? Did you not send a lot of phones out? Are the bakers not allowed or what the heck is going on? I don’t want to seem rude it’s just something I’m asking myself for a long time now and tonight is the night I finally ask you guys.

tl;dr

• Why no YouTube videos?
  • Maybe make a topic only for reviews and discuss each review by its own.

Cheers and thank you :wink:

4 Likes

Hi there,

Wondering myself a little bit about lack of reviews, hopefully we’ll soon see a few more.
As to scrolling down to the latest comment: Don’t click on the title of the topic in the summary, but instead on the rightmost column (Activity).
That will lead you to the newest comment directly.

Kind regards,
Florian

3 Likes

Well with this being a low-tech phone I’m sure a lot of people who ordered this phone aren’t the reviewing type.
As far as the “review” thread goes I think the reason a new one hasn’t been created is because there’s only been two people in that thread so far that have made written reviews.
I’m sure when more people get their phones a new topic will show up.
I know in my case I’m waiting for Jose Briones to get his phone and do a review on it because he always does such a thorough job reviewing products like this.

2 Likes

I’m waiting on mine and I’ll definitely do a YouTube review, walkthrough, etc. Make sure to subscribe to the channel to stay on top of those.

But there are a couple reasons as to why there are no YouTube reviews.

1. Mudita has sent about 250-300 phones so far (just my estimate, no official numbers)
  2. Most people are not reviewers and not interested, so probably not a lot of people share.
  3. Some people had to return their unit due to the issue with the keyboard
  4. Shipping is slow and customs can take a while
7 Likes

I’ve given up on Mudita. Had to move back to Smartphones for my astronomy work, but I did get a new Punkt. as my personal phone. Much better than version one of the MP02 and I’m content.

Submitted a ticket for a refund, extremely disappointed it turned out this way.

5 Likes

I’ll also happily submit a review of the Pure here in the forums after i receive mine.

Based off previous production updates from @urszula 'm guessing a fair few of us will receive our phones in February so not too much longer to wait.

2 Likes

Sounds good and reasonable. Thank you guys for the answers. It makes sense.
Really looking forward to February :wink:

1 Like

There isn’t more reviews because there isn’t more phones sent? I don’t know whats going on? I was in first hundred on kickstarter (super early badge) and no info about delivery. November delivery? Joke! No answer from support neither.

5 Likes

That’s strange. I was at least expecting some update on a delivery schedule - even if quite general!

I’m also in the top 100, and I didn’t receive it yet. I’m not sure if these order numbers are random from the platform. As far I understood, the delay was due to the production problem with a button and the initial logistic.

I’m glad that a kickstart project gets real, and I know all the challenges involved. That’s why I did not comment about the delays.

Perhaps, the next monthly update should have a clear status of the orders, date, etc., to all the customers excited to have a Mudita Pure in their hands. :slight_smile:

2 Likes

I’ve been watching this product since the beginning, and was initially very impressed. I haven’t placed an order yet, but I am also beginning to lose patience. I want to get a minimalist phone, and Mudita was at the top of my list. But the lack of real reviews and the lack of people who have actually received their phone after multiple years makes me nervous. I am considering Punkt now.

Urszula has done a fantastic job engaging with the community, but it feels like she is the only one active at Mudita. If I don’t hear of people getting their phones soon, and start seeing some real reviews, I’m unfortunately probably going to go with a different device.

7 Likes

:100:% my state

1 Like

I asked for a refund a few weeks ago for those reasons. I’m with a nokia 2720 flip. Not the perfect thing, but i can sync my calendar (caldav) and listen to some music. I desabled geolocalisation everywhere i could, uninstalled everything i could. I’m not using cellular data most of the time. And that’s fine with me. Mudita pure is a very good idea, but I moved on.

5 Likes

Do like me.
Buy another dumb phone and down the line check back in when real reviews come in.
At this point it seems like it could be months before people get their phones.

2 Likes

Thanks @Sam_Guzman I’m doing the best I can. We are a bit short-staffed at the moment, but @Bartosz_sp2fet has been quite active, answering the more techy questions & responding to reviews .

3 Likes

If there’s any technical question - feel free to ask. If I won’t know something I’ll dig deep enough to bring the most current information :slight_smile:
But please notice that responding on the forum is my “side job” - I’m mostly focused on the development, thus the response time may vary.

3 Likes

This is a good idea. I plan on writing a review- I just got the phone recently. I haven’t been very active on this forum for a few months. But I agree with you about having a separate post with just links to reviews. I had to search through over 160 posts to find 3 links. I’m tired

3 Likes

@Jose_Briones Thanks for breaking it down so simply. You hit the nail on the head. More units are coming this week, so we should see more reviews- we replaced the ones which needed replacing & now we are shipping additional devices @joel, did you request a replacement unit. It would be great to hear if you got it & if anything has changed.
Also- as I mentioned in an earlier thread- we are having issues with our carrier. They are not as fast as we would like them to be. If you’re experiencing an issue- Let us know. I think next week should be a big week for reviews.

4 Likes

Any new reviews from latest batch?

3 Likes

@andrzej We are waiting for reviews as well. Two community members @lessismore & @alayah also mentioned that they will be posting reviews.

2 Likes