Whatsapp and ringtones

I know this is not a smartphone but it would be really handy to have the messaging app whatsapp. Also would love to select my own mp3’s to be ringtones.

1 Like

@mobilegeeek Thanks for reaching out. Whatsapp is not something that will work with Mudita Pure because it relies on a data connection to work. Mudita Pure is internationally offline, so it’s not an option for this device.
As for the ringtones? We’ve had some community members bring this up.
Just curious: how many Mudita Pure users would like the ability to set their own custom ringtones?

4 Likes

Is Whatsapp even that secure? I have to admit, staying in touch with international friends and family is a more expensive with Mudita Pure.

2 Likes

WhatsApp is one of the more secure apps but what app is tight as for security. Even general sms is not secure in fact general sms is very insecure and can be intercepted. Yes mudita is a lovely dumb phone but it is not good for out lying areas and only good for in the city and sometimes that can be sketchy. At the moment with mudita I can’t do away with my smart phone because I need excellent coverage at times. If they solved coverage issues I would definitely put the smartphone away. AGM do a M6 phone that is only $50 and has awesome coverage, the only difference is it has a higher sar rating. Way less expensive with most of the same features [quote=“mobilegeeek, post:1, topic:5131, full:true”]
I know this is not a smartphone but it would be really handy to have the messaging app whatsapp. Also would love to select my own mp3’s to be ringtones.

1 Like

I would prefer to use my own sounds, for example an “old fashioned phone” ringtone. These tend to be much louder and the Pure ringtones are just too low and muted and I often miss calls if the phone is in another room.

1 Like