What kind of Predictive text will be used

Great news, thank you!
And I hope you had a nice vacay. :slight_smile:

1 Like

There are external QWERTY keyboards that use Bluetooth to connect to iOS and Android smartphones and tablets as well as to computers.

Will any external QWERTY keyboards connect by Bluetooth to the Mudita Pure?

2 Likes

The question isn’t if you CAN disable it, but will you be able to do it ON THE FLY.

If you are limited to disabling it from the settings it is far less useful feature than bone is referring to.

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd This is an excellent question. I am sending it to the tech team ASAP.

1 Like

Hi, @urszula! Has the tech team had time to respond to this question?

1 Like

@kirkmahoneyphd I’m going to tag @Wojciech_Cichon, the product lead for Mudita Pure in this question. He knows everything there is to know about the phone :slight_smile:

2 Likes

We will be looking into T9 and predictive text after the launch and will for sure inform you guys of any progress.

4 Likes

We’re currently supporting Bluetooth Audio Input and Output devices. We’ll see how big will be the number of requests for supporting external keyboards and investigate accordingly. I hope that answers your question for now :slight_smile:

6 Likes

I managed to give this article a look through and I gotta say the correlation is misleading at best. Obviously in this regards, it’s related to smart phones. To do predictive text on a T9 keypad, you need to know what letters correspond with what number and in what combination to make a specific word. A totally different process than using QWERTY on a smart phone. If anything, T9 really encourages me to know how to spell a word so that the T9 works. In regards to not wanting to do long texts and call instead. I’m 30, it’s 2021, people don’t really call each other anymore. Life is so busy for so many people and everyone has grown accustomed to messaging and not calling. I like to call people, but my friends find it weird. Also, depending on the job, calls cannot be taken, but a message can be quickly read from their computer, phone or smartwatch. Just makes sense to me to implement the predictive text because even with it, it still takes a much longer time to get out a message than with QWERTY.

I think a 2021 standard is a smartphone with 423 apps for messaging.
And it would be a waste of a Harman speaker and mic, to not call anyone.

5 Likes

@roxx I agree!

1 Like

1 Like
2 Likes

I’d love to be able to use a Tap Strap (https://www.tapwithus.com/) with the Mudita Pure. So, currently not possible, right?

1 Like

Probably not.

1 Like

@thinkround
On their website it says that it works with Bluetooth enabled devices. In that case it might work with Mudita Pure. I will ask our devs.
I wonder how it connects to Bluetooth? Do you happen to know?

100 percent. This is one of the main reasons I bought this phone. I want to be so frustrated texting that it forces me to make a phone call and really connect with people

1 Like

@cardio79 For me it’s such a time waster- texting back & forth for a prolonged period of time- when a 45 sec phone call can solve all my issues :smiley:

Same here. Think about how much brain power you are draining texting back and forth having conversations like you said that can happen much quicker over the phone. Plus its nice to hear a persons voice not just see texts from them. Texts are very impersonal but for some reason we have all accepted texts as a acceptable form of having deep conversations. Which is really sad when you think about it.

3 Likes

Hi,
Is this still somewhere in the pipeline?

1 Like