Welcome to the Mudita Forum!

I have a smartphone addiction. I can admit this. A lot of people are plagued with the same addiction that I am. What do you do when you have an addiction like this? Well most people say, delete apps, don’t connect to WiFi, get rid of your data plan, etc. etc.
That works somewhat, but you still own a smartphone. It would be like a nicotine addict carrying around a pack or cigarettes with the lid taped shut. Sure it makes it harder to gain access to your addiction, but you still have it on you!
That’s where dumb phones succeed. We’re all afraid we won’t be able to reach someone if we get lost, need directions, or want to talk. The dumb phone gives us this relief, but doesn’t offer the addictive stuff. It’s honestly fantastic, but how dumb is too dumb?
If you use GPS but you’re dead set on using the Pure as your main phone, get a tablet or a smartphone that you keep in your car with a data only plan that you can use for getting around. Or get a Tom-Tom. If you’re big into social media, if the platform is available on PC/Mac/Linux, it’s usually much better on there than on a smartphone anyways. When I was rocking the 3G Nokia 3310, when I had social media. It was actually really nice coming home to my computer and seeing 20 notifications. It doesn’t feel like that during the day with a smartphone because you get them as they come in. If someone needs to really get a hold of you, they will call you.
I’m really looking forward to this product, granted it meets some requirements. I would love to review it for my website, and I can’t wait to see it released along with the Mudita Bell and Breathe.

8 Likes

On point @braillynn! Thank you so much for that comment.
What kind of a website do you have?

9 Likes

I run a tech blog where I focus on open source software and hardware. And tech that is privacy and security focused. Https://librefree.me

6 Likes

Hello Mudita and community,

Just preordered your Charcoal Black Pure. Wonderful work you are doing, and thank you for being good humans :slight_smile:. Couple things:

1. Please take your time on this beautiful creation, I, for one, am in no rush.
  2. Question: Will your Pure desktop app allow us to add or delete apps on the phone? (of course only your apps as part of your overall OS). I ask because all I really need is to make and receive calls. Of course all of your apps seem to be mindful and well-considered. I was just wondering.

Thanks again, and good luck on your journey!
Monkjeff

7 Likes

Hi @monkjeff

Thank you for your comment and thank you for such nice words.
We are glad that you are with us and that you approach the production of Mudita Pure with understanding.

Desktop App will help you manage messages on your phone (you can write, edit and send text messages after connecting Pure to a computer via USB-c cable), edit notes, transfer music files as well as edit contacts. There are a few other functionalities that we will write more about soon.
However, the Desktop App is not currently used to install or uninstall additional software on Mudita Pure phone.
We try to make Mudita Pure a reflection of our philosophy - it is a minimalistic phone that does not take our attention and is used for what phones should be used for, that is, first of all, for calling.
Of course, I will pass your suggestion to our design department. I think it’s a very good idea. :slight_smile:

Have a good day - Joanna

4 Likes

So glad I found this! Love the work you’re doing, and excited to discuss it and maybe throw some ideas around with the community.

5 Likes

Thank you @John_Higginbotham. Please share your ideas and thoughts with us. :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Wasn’t sure where I should write this, but some of the benefits of not having maps, weather, or ride-share I thought of are these:

• Maps: If you need to know the way, it encourages you to have nearby friends that can help you and to be comfortable speaking to strangers if necessar,.
  • Weather: Be ok with being a little wet, hot, or cold. Learn to be comfortable in discomfort.
  • Ride-share: Likewise with maps, it encourages you to have nearby friends (which as we know are important for health as well, a strong close community) and be comfortable speaking to strangers.
6 Likes

Thank you! Happy to be part of the community! :slight_smile: :blush:

7 Likes

@cindymoon Welcome!

4 Likes

Ceci est un autre test

4 Likes

ceci est un test pour voir le ux

5 Likes

@Melissa_Phillips :slight_smile: Que pensez-vous de l’UX?

4 Likes

Hello. Would it please be possible to rearrange all comments so that the latest ones would be at the top of each page instead of the very bottom (which may need heavy scrolling in some lager topics)?

5 Likes

@anon67184507 You can sort/rearrange all the posts by pressing the latest link on the top. Hopefully that helps. screenshot-forum.mudita.com-2021.05.10-10_23_11|690x233

6 Likes

Hello I am new to this community and happy to be part of it

9 Likes

Welcome :slight_smile:

6 Likes

Welcome @lloydbuchanan! We’re thrilled you are here!

5 Likes

Big Thumbs up!

7 Likes

Hi everyone. I just have pleasure joined to Mudita community. I have already buy the Mudita Pure phone and waiting for. I hope that it will be soon. :hugs:

10 Likes