We need your help designing our new phone!

@nanomaron Thanks for this list of ideas. I am passing this on to the team.

2 Likes

Hello,

Iā€™m new to Pure and after reading this forum, its a no go for many reasons.

• I appreciate low SAR, I really do and frequent FCC reports to see which phones measure up. But without a WiFi hotpsot, the phone is near useless on the go for the laptop.
  • No T9? Really? Itā€™s tech from literally 30 years ago.
  • No MMS? Ugh.

A few things need to be added for me to take it seriously (and with me on trips!).

4 Likes

@expresspotato Regarding T9, although it does sound like old technology, when we first started the production of Mudita Pure, the technology was protected by multiple patents. Even as we first started shipping Mudita Pure, there were still some international copyright patents in place for that technology. If my memory serves me right, the final patent expired in 2021.

4 Likes

Lack of any kind of predictive texting is quite irritating if I have to be honest. I hope the new phones have it. I donā€™t think itā€™s that difficult to put through.

5 Likes

I donā€™t normally like to resurrect older threads, but having just got my hands on a Pure Iā€™d like to request that you donā€™t scrap the low-SAR antenna outright. Perhaps release your new phone in two versions: a low-SAR version and a conventional/USA version. Or fit two antennas in the design, so the phone (or user) can switch between them as necessary to balance SAR and connectivity.

I really appreciate the fact that the pure is low-SAR. Reading about EMF sensitivity was how I initially discovered the Pure. I was prepared to put-up with poor connectivity, but havenā€™t had to. In at least some regions, connectivity is unaffected.

Iā€™d also suggest T9 should be a priority for any numeric-keypad based phone, so users can minimise time (and frustration) spent on it.

4 Likes

@forest_cat Thank you so much for the feedback. I will definitely pass this on to our team.

2 Likes

This point is why I personally voted for the Blackberry Passportesque variant. Outside of adoring the form factor I think having the physical keyboard could make certain tasks flow smoother. Note taking is tedious on the Pure and sometimes you simply do not have the time to cycle through the keys in order to jot something down quickly. With a physical keyboard you also would not have to depend on T9 or some other predictive software. I personally loved the physical keyboard on my Blackberry and I grew to be quite fast. I would go so far as to say I was as fast if not faster than I am on touch screens with less mistakes. Letā€™s hope whichever iteration is selected that there is a better solution for text input compared to what we currently have. Is it too late for me to ā€œdouble voteā€ for the Blackberry Variant :crossed_fingers: :grinning:

5 Likes

@skilletsauce I LOVE BB! Thatā€™s why I voted for that as well. I still use a BBQ10

4 Likes

@urszula I sometimes wonder, it may be a bit oldschool, but what if you could optionally lengthen the antenna, if you are in an area with bad cellphone connection, like the old school phones:

You can probably make it look a bit more more modern and better than this though!
I wonder if you could keep low SAR and good connectivity if you can lengthen the antenna when it is needed.

3 Likes

Thanks! Itā€™s definitely an interesting idea. And while I donā€™t have the technical background to know if it would work, I will pass this on to the team.

3 Likes

@Kasper, like @aleksander mentioned, we will pass this on to the team. But my question to you is, are you thinking that this could be an option to keep the low SAR & add an extension antenna so that the reception/ network connectivity would be better & more consistent/ less spotty?

2 Likes

Hello, Iā€™m new in the forum, Iā€™ve had a dumbphone since September 2021, it was KaiOS, it was great for me because it wasnā€™t a smartphone which I wanted to ditch for a long time, but it didnā€™t have everything I need. Plus, the battery collapsed and I canā€™t find a new one for that model. So I want a premium feature phone. I am saving for either the light phone or the future new model of Mudita. I know we as customers have different needs and preferences. But In my honest opinion, a feature phone shouldnā€™t have any smartphone features. I have read a few comments about wanting google assistant-like voice commands, a camera, dating apps and other things. I get that you may need that, but then the phone turns into a smartphone, and I think the majority of us want a simple, minimalist feature phone (dumbphone <3). This is what I would like in the future new mudita:

1. Keep it super simple: calls, texts, music. I know many feature phone users need calendar, notes, alarms and all that, but I really donā€™t need that. I have a physical alarm clock, notepads, an agenda and paper calendar. The less clutter I have in my phone, the better.
  2. I know Light Phone has already done this, but I would really appreciate being able to choose which of the features I want in my phone. (Maybe being able select them in the web dashboard?) Because like I said, I only need calls, text, music, (I do love the meditation timer!) and I would really love private maps like Here Maps, I have zero sense of direction! The fact that the first Mudita Pure didnā€™t have maps was what made me incline for the light phone. I would also love to have a podcasts feature :heart:
  3. I am interested in the Low SAR value but I also need high quality phone calls, so I donā€™t really know how that could be solved. I prefer high quality over the Low SAR, personally.
  4. No mail, please!
  5. I really need to know with which argentinian and spanish carriers the mudita will be compatible with. I am spending a lot of money and I communicate the old-fashioned way: calling. I need to be sure.
  6. I obviously would love a lower price but I get that itā€™s impossible to make something premium and sell it cheap. If itā€™s something of high quality I donā€™t mind spending a little more, (but not too much!)

P.S: I really donā€™t like the current model of the case for mudita, I would love a classic case that covers the back of the phone and the edges.
P.S 2 for the customers: almost everything you think you need to do in a phone, you can do in a computer: mail, dating sites, notes. I think the purpose of the feature phone is to not carry a supercomputer in our pockets.

Hope this helps!

3 Likes

@anon25683865 thank you so much! <3 What do you mean by saying ā€œnot too muchā€? :slight_smile:
@adamgwarek check this out.

3 Likes

over 300 USD for me itā€™s too much, but again, I totally understand that the cost of materials and everything makes it impossible to sell mudita at a really low price.

3 Likes

Got it! Thank you :slight_smile: We are doing our best to deliver premium quality at a reasonable price. Thank you once again for your feedback and I hope you will stay with us - our Community. <3

Justyna

Ps: Iā€™m not old. Iā€™m Millenial. :wink: I love ā€œzillenialā€ expression. Didntā€™ know it before <3

3 Likes

I would buy a improved 4g version of the Punkt MP01. Which basically means a Mudita Pure with everything removed, except making calls, sms in threaded view and a phonebook.

2 Likes

Hello,
Do you have any sneak-peek info about new mudita phones for the future? Timeline or dates? Love to hear any news before swapping Pure for something stupid. I really want to stay with Mudita products and community.

4 Likes

Not yet, but stay tuned something exciting is in the works :slight_smile:

4 Likes

Do we know if it will be Q1, Q2, Q3 or Q4 2024?

6 Likes

I hope it will be in first half of 2024?

2 Likes