URGENT PROBLEM - Phone doesnt receive SMSs

Hi,
I hope we can all agree the Pure has two core communication functionalities its designed for:

1. Phone calls
  2. SMS Messages

My Pure’s ability to receive SMS’s has degraded to the point that its basically useless. Actually its worse than useless because it only receives SMS’s intermittently. I took my SIM card out of my Pure earlier and put it in my old android phone and instantly received 17 (SEVENTEEN) SMS messages that the Pure did not receive. 10 were from my wife, and several other really important message that really needed to be responded to. I’m lucky i haven’t lost my job from not responding to critical matters in a timely fashion.
This inconsistent behaviours of SMS handling on the Pure constitutes a significant fault. @Mudita, What is the time frame for getting these issues resolved ? This is a completely faulty product in its current state. I don’t even understand how it gained approval in some countries given the amount of bugs and problems the device has.

• I’ve tried turning the phone off and back on multiple times
  • I’ve tried taking out the battery and putting it back in.
  • I’ve tried deleting the message threads of people that i know i can’t / don’t reliably get SMS’s from.
  • I’ve tried using Mudita Centre to display the messages (it doesn’t).
  • I’ve tried toggling to “offline/Connected” modes multiple times.
  • I’ve tried removing the SIM and reinserting it.

I’ve just lodged a support ticket via Mudita Centre but i’m not holding my breath. I’ve logged 5 tickets as you can see in the screenshot below but they all simply state “Being Processed”.

Regards

2 Likes

This is probably due to the phone resetting the apn from time to time. Messages will get stuck because they are not being received on a good format. Sorry to hear about your experience. Hope the Mudita team resolves it since this is a very big issue.

3 Likes

@rumpole Thank you for bringing this to our attention. I am going to reach out to our team to see about the pending cases & also about any possible solution to your SMS problem. I do know that our team is currently ironing out some major bugfixes that will improve the stability & reliability of Mudita Pure. The update is scheduled to be released this month.

@rumpole Sorry that it took a bit for me to get back to you about this issue. I made a post about this on another thread, but I will reply to you here as well. If you are experiencing network issues with the phone, to the point that it’s unusable & you do not wish to wait until we resolve the issue, you can always return the phone & we will refund the purchase price.

1 Like

Hi Urszula,
I just replied in another thread too. I’m not chasing a refund, i just want it fixed so its both uable for myself and others. I can see a lot of potential in the Pure, its just not there yet from a reliability perspective. I’m hoping the bulk of the main issues are resolved quickly.

1 Like

@rumpole Got it. I replied there as well.

I’m having the same issue - not receiving texts. If I disconnect then reconnect they will sometimes come through. I also didn’t receive a phone call today as in the phone didn’t ring. Has this issue been resolved?

1 Like

@littlejack Where are you located & who is your service provider? This has a lot to do with the connectivity you will have in terms of phone calls & text messages.

@littlejack in the meantime, can you please send your logs to Mudita via Mudita Center, so that our team can rule out everything else.

Hi. I’m in Tasmania, Australia. Carrier is Amaysim.

1 Like

OK. I’ve just done that.

1 Like

I have recently noticed this issue of not receiving SMSs. In my case, I received the delayed messages up to a week late. Luckily nothing that caused disruption as the senders followed up on making plans. They did not seem to notice that I never replied, perhaps assuming the texts just got lost in the busyness of life. As far as I know, all the SMS I have sent were received.

I do hope this missed SMSs will be fixed at some point.

1 Like

@catan Our team is currently working on this.

Hi Little Jack
I am in Melbourne, just considering purchase. Do you have any problems making calls?
How long did it take for the phone to arrive in Tassie?
Which service provider are you with? I find tesltra has the best reception on a smart phone outside of melbourne, do have issues with other service providers outside of the city. I love the concept of this phone, especially for my teenage kids.
Any adivce or feedback from an Australian perspective would be appreciated.
Thanks Sam

1 Like

I was part of original Kickstarter so it took about 3 years to arrive. I am with Amaysim which uses Optus network. Telstra does appear to have better coverage in regional areas. The phone has been glitchy but it appears there are updates happening continually to improve the phone. I don’t recommend the phone at present due to glitches. There is a lag between button press and something happening e.g. selecting menu options. It’s old school texting using number pad which would be annoying for some but the less kids use phones the better. It would be a deterrent. Coverage has been fine apart from the texting delays. It hasn’t been used of late so not sure if that has been fixed.

1 Like

Sadly I too must report that my sms messages work intermittently and this is a true cause of concern for me. I am on T-Mobile in Amsterdam NL. I know when I have my sim card in my old Note 8 it will receive all of my text instantaneously and I feel fully confident that I will not miss any important texts (which are often work related and of a time sensitive nature). I have sent a ticket and I am on the latest 1.4 so I’m not sure what I should do. I too restarted several times as well as removed that battery which has yielded inconsistent results. This is really saddening to think that I actually stress about the very phone that should alleviate me from my former phone stress environment. Are there perhaps some settings that I should look at or tweak? I’ve never had to do that with any other phone so I do not know what to look for. Thanks.

3 Likes

Yup I can confirm using the phone multiple times has been frustrating. Its tough when the premise of the phone is to make life simpler and less stressful, but using this phone is the exact opposite of that. I actually won a ebay bid for the pebble grey but I am not buying it. I have made that mistake three times, this phone is what it is. Hopefully their next phone does not have the low SAR focus. The focus should be to make the phone useable for very basic things. That is the sad part of the launch of this phone. It got everyone excited. You had backers backing this project and ultimately a majority of those people were severely let down, but I am sure the company will learn from it’s mistakes. It has too if they want to stay in business. With their first project they lost a ton of trust from people, and now they need to gain that back with a flawless experience with their next device

3 Likes

It’s all very unfortunate because at this point I fear the phone will just be relegated to a novelty item for me. That or I will need to keep 2 phones in order to insure that I will receive my messages in a timely fashion. I realize I could tell my personal contacts to email me or whatever but that simply will not do for my work. They send out general assignment emails but last minute gigs are often by text and this can happen throughout the day. Oh well, I can hope that there will be improvements in a future update but having waited over a year and counting for the ability to load my own audio on my Harmony, I am not optimistic. Time will tell.

2 Likes