Typing an SMS when in the whole conversation is much much slower than creating a new sms and selecting the contact

Hi . So I ve noticed that when we create a new sms and choose from the contact look up field the contact , typing the sms is much much faster than when replying to an SMS through a conversation window. Is it possible to have that same fast speed so to avoid the usual typing mistakes that occur when typing ?

3 Likes

Hi, I have just tried to reproduce but I see no difference on my device. Could you please check if your Pure is updated? Maybe it is some bug that was allready fixed?

1 Like

Yes it is updated. Try to send a new sms using the lookup from contacts and then try to send it but going to an already open conversation. If the conversation displays some messages on your screen when you click reply , it types extremely slowly. About half the speed than using the first option

1 Like

I’m sorry for late reply! I have done that but see no difference in the speed of typing. Could you please send us logs? We will investigate further. This could be a bug that we are not yet aware of.

1 Like

Thats strange. It appears that it is slower whenever the conversation has a lot of messages and i mean that the screen displays a lot of messages. In this case the typing speed meaning the time by which the letter will appear with each click is delayed by a lot. I will send the logs when i get home. It appears to me that the memory of the phone is not able to handle it. With new conversation or if the screen shows only 1 message , the speed is fine. Anything more and it gets a hit on the speed

1 Like

@shak I think I might have an idea why this could be happening. The more data heavy the screen is, the slower the refresh rate. It’s a “feature” of e Ink. It’s called ghosting & it’s normal. If you are scrolling a lot, then you will notice the “laggy” nature of E-ink screens more when it refreshes.
Because we’re so used to traditional screens like LCD & OLED, e-ink seems slow.

2 Likes