The Power of Pets: Everything I know about mindfulness, I learned from my dog

Dogs are naturally mindful animals. They are the masters of focus & living in the present moment. They don’t spend time musing about the past or worrying about the future. In our latest blog post, “Everything I know about mindfulness, I learned from my dog” I discuss the mindful lessons my dog Misiek has taught me. What mindfulness lessons have you learned from your pets? Let us know in the comments below.

1 Like

Unfortunately, we can only have a cat for now. This experience taught me that I am looking forward to moving somewhere where we can have a dog. Being around just one cat made me treasure dogs more.

I want a dog. The power of cats is that they make you crave the companionship of dogs. Cats are gateway pets to dogs.

1 Like

@Filip_Popescu I’ve had dogs all my life, so I’m definitely a dog person.

1 Like

Thanks for writing this. My dog always teaches me to be patient, take a deep breath, run wild and get dirty, love by default, stand my ground when it comes to boundaries, and sleep near someone that loves me!

1 Like

Welcome to the community @wilco! Dogs are definitely a special kind of animal. Thank you for sharing this with us.

1 Like

Dogs are seriously the best animals! I read somewhere that we all should be the person our dogs think we are. That is very true. They give us the benefit of the doubt in every situation.

1 Like