The October Update is Here!

Hot and fresh off the Mudita presses!

11 Likes

Congratulations!

Seeing the many units lying in their white boxes reminded me of scenes of babies lying in cribs at a hospital – almost ready to go home to their new parents, who are anxiously awaiting their arrival!

:baby:

5 Likes

Huzzah! I will gladly do some testing for y’all if you’re looking for someone who will really give your phones a run for their money :wink:

3 Likes

Great news! Thank you for sharing the latest update! Best wishes with the last leg of the journey!

6 Likes

Awesome, such great news! Congratulations! You worked hard for this goal and you must feel so proud now that you are even closer to reach it.

4 Likes

Something I just noticed, which is: I don’t know how I feel about the offset middle row.
Secondly, the issue about sending out in batches, which is fine, respect the people who have backed you the longest, but the fact is, depending on your schedule, all that says to me is that you aren’t shipping in November as you previously mentioned. The idea of batches, this is the first I heard of that, so that to me is a fudge. Also, I don’t think that using the term “obviously” to describe the shipping schedule is fair. Again, I may not have been backing you for 2 years but I have been for at least 6 months, and I think that if your batch delivery implementation runs past November by any length of time you are going to have some unhappy customers.
Which is to say, I don’t expect to get mine in November.
It is what it is.

3 Likes

@Kevin_Moses Thanks for the feedback. Perhaps we were a little too ambiguous in the update, however, that was not our intention. Our apologies :slight_smile: What we wanted to communicate is that once we have a firm launch date set, we just want our Mudita Community to be cognizant of the fact we won’t we able to ship EVERYTHING IN ONE DAY. We understand that people are super excited to finally get their hands on their long-awaited phone, but we also want to everyone to be mindful of the amount of orders that we have to send out. Since we are a rather small start-up, we don’t have the backing of an Amazon-type of logistics department capable of sending out thousands of packages in one day. Our intention was to communicate that if your phone does not get shipped out on the official launch date, it will be shipped out shortly after. We will do everything as fast as humanly possible. What we hope to avoid is getting an overwhelming amount of questions as to when a particular order will go out. That’s why we referred to the orders as batches. There are the original backers & then there are the pre-orders of customers who joined after the original crowdfunding campaign ended, but have been with us ever since. (Like you!)
We are also aware of the fact that, now as we are super close to the launch date & days away from the final NPI & mass production, many more people (who have been on the fence about buying all this time) will now purchase the phone. Therefore, we also need to prepare for an influx of new orders & plan for that and in the nicest way, tell those customers that if you place your order a few days before the launch date, your order will most likely not be shipped on launch day. I hope this makes a little bit more sense. And I want to assure you, you will get your phone & you won’t have to wait too long.

10 Likes

:heart_eyes: :star_struck:

3 Likes

Im sure they will try to get as many devices shipped in 2021 as humanly possible.

3 Likes

Hello,

So, I’ve just learned that the shipping will start (chronogicaly) on november 30th. That is, indeed, the end of november. That means that, if I ordered the pure in april 2021, I may have a chance to get my hands on it for christmas… Or even in 2022… I know that the team did everything in their power to do their best, but still, it is very… very… very long and not in november, like expected. What’s your opinion on that ?

2 Likes

I understand the disappointment, but the product has materialized and it will now be in production. Honestly, I am just glad that Mudita has come through and that it did not turn into vaporware like other Kickstarter/Indiegogo campaigns.

Let’s be thankful that it will come :slight_smile:

4 Likes

@anon51628811 We did everything as fast as humanly possible in the last few months, but the hiccups in the supply chain also affected us. Originally we hoped to be done shipping by the end of November, but this just means we’re all going to have to work 150% to make sure we ship out AS FAST AS POSSIBLE. If you ordered in April, I’m sure you’ll get your phone this year. It’s the people who order NOW, they will most likely have to wait until January.

3 Likes

Yeah I’m with you on this. Mudita is my first experience with startups/ kickstarters and I’m using this as a practice of patience and observation into how future interactions with new companies will be.

I’m used to being an early adopter of technology, but I have yet to buy a piece of technology from a new, from-the-ground-up company. Sometimes I feel like I was born 10 years too late because there are companies I would have loved to watch start from the ground up. Rivian comes to mind, they introduced the R1T while I was still in Highschool. I would have been first in line to put money down on their truck, sight unseen. Still too young to have those kinds of financials - and have other financial obligations like school.

2 Likes

Hello,

Don’t worry. I understand completly. I can understand that there is a real complexity in this process for a new compagny. I really believe that you’re all doing the best that you can.
I was just noticing the little gap between what is said and what is done finally. But that is the whole difficulty of transparency, wich is the best choicie anyway…
This means also that i can exprime what i feel…
I’m still very interested and supportive about the point of all this.

1 Like

@anon51628811 Thanks for understanding :smiley:

Of course !
That is the beauty and the secret of discussion. Respect and understanding while saying what you really think, otherwise it worth nothing.

3 Likes

So, now, I’ve learned that I have no hope to see the phone before january. I know that you’ve done everything you could. But, We’ve heard november. Then it’s end of november, then shipping starts the 30th of november. Then, we don’t really know how many phones per week are shipped and I’ve read that there is 2O00 phones to send, half of them beeing early backers. Finaly, I understand today that you can ship 900 by the end of december. Are you descovring that situation ? That means thatn having ordered the pure in early april, I can expect to see it in january… maybe… I’m sorry, but I’m a bit upset. That is not my conception of transparcency. I can’t see how you cound’nt have see things would turn that way a little bit in advance and inform your costumers. I have to make deduction to understand that the pure will be shipped in january when it was supposed to be delivered, after the ultimate delay anounced, in november… I believe in the product and the spirit of it. It seems to fit my needs and my way to see technology very well. Beside that, I think there is a lake of good communication somewhere. I’m sorry to be the party-pooper here… That’s what i feel though…

1 Like

^ I have the same perspective about the spirit of the product. I guess that I am more jaded than you. I went through something similar with the Freewrite Traveler. Although Mudita has been much more open about shipment delays for the Pure than Freewrite was for the Traveler, I respect your frustration here. Perhaps Mudita can construct an “X Units Shipped” status message (or something more detailed) on the product page? Then again, I don’t know what Mudita is willing for its competitors to see!

3 Likes

@anon51628811 We totally understand your frustration. You’re not a party-pooper, you’re just stating your feelings. And everything you mentioned in very valid. I know it’s not easy to just sit and wait for the phone to arrive, when you have ordered it so long ago. However, when we announced the shipping dates, we always maintained that we will ship the orders chronologically. starting with the early Backers. We also did our best to underline the fact that once we do start shipping we won’t be able to to ship everything right away. Once the phone leaves the factory, it needs to be individually checked & tested to make sure it meets all our standards & expectations. This kind of quality check does, unfortunately, take some time. We are not a massive operation with hundreds of people. We are quite a small startup & most of the stuff we are all doing ourselves. In a way, we’re are giving ourselves in bit of buffer time, and we are underestimating, but we are hoping & doing everything we can to get all of the backer phones out as soon as possible. Plus, taking into consideration the chaos in the logistics industry, we want to be very sensitive to the fact that someone in the EU might get their order in sooner than someone in let’s say Australia, because of the distance in shipping- even if they ordered much earlier. We also knew that there were people just waiting for shipping to start before they placed their order, hoping that perhaps they would get their hands on Mudita Pure as soon as it ships. We are doing our best to be fair to everyone & we’re not letting anyone jump the line. We even made the decision to postpose sending the phone to influencers & journalists for marketing purposes (which could potentially give us a lot more exposure & increase sales) because we didn’t think it would be fair to our Backers & pre-order customers to wait for a phone they paid for, while someone with a lot of publicity gets their hands on Mudita Pure first.
That said, we do appreciate all of the patience, support & encouragement while we rev up production. We are planning on posting more detailed information about planned batch/shipment this week.

3 Likes

I was an early backer / pre order backer - I have yet to receive anything in the mail. Please provide proper update or timeline for oder!