The new AUG/SEPT Mudita Pure production & development update

You will be able to sync contacts using the Mudita Center desktop app.

6 Likes

I like that the music player stays in the list view when playing a song. Never though about that as an issue before but seeing it in the preview I just realised how annoying it is to jump back and forth between my list of songs and a “Now Playing” view.

7 Likes

I just noticed in video posted here for music player , when user go back and forth on any button click , screen display background flicks from black(dark theme) color to white color (light theme) every time , is it intended behaviour.

1 Like

vinay, regarding the black flash on the screen when navigating: I believe this is an expected and necessary behavior for e-ink displays such as the one that Mudita Pure uses. These displays need to periodically “wipe” the screen contents in order to eliminate ghosting.

4 Likes

Hi @vinay :wave: exactly what @alecazam said :slight_smile:

1 Like

Thanks @alecazam, i am not aware about E-ink display , if its so , just curious to know then why it does not happen in the place when user click on “Music library” button in the video.
I think @serge has asked same in detail in below thread what i wanted to ask.

1 Like

E-ink screens can refresh partially too, as any other LCD screen. But as ghosting is a big problem here (basically you can see some residue from the previous picture that was displayed on the screen previously), full refresh is used, which causes the flicker. But it is not that distracting, as E-ink screens do not emit any light, they don’t have a backlight.

2 Likes

Is MuditaOS developed from scratch or it’s based on smth like FreeRTOS?

2 Likes

It’s based on FreeRTOS

2 Likes

So https://mudita.com/community/blog/muditaos-goes-open-source-join-the-developer-preview/ is factually incorrect? It claims the license would be GPLv3 while FreeRTOS is MIT-licensed.

1 Like

@god, I think the best person to clarify this is the Mudita Pure product lead, @Wojciech_Cichon.

Not sure if it was the choice of song, but I was surprised at how terrible and tinny the speaker sounded. There sounded like there was some distortion and a lack of bass. Would really like to see a call being made and a text being sent as that is mostly what the phone will be doing.

1 Like

What’s up @god ? (I always wanted to write this :stuck_out_tongue: )
MIT is a permissive Open Source license (same as i.e. Apache) and you can incorporate any permissive OSS license under GPL3 - see for example here: https://opensource.stackexchange.com/questions/10214/can-i-use-mit-licensed-library-in-my-gpl3-project
We made sure that every 3rd party software we have onboard MuditaOS will be included in LICENSE.md whether it’s Open Source or proprietary.

I hope this answers your question

2 Likes

Looks great @urszula. Two questions:

1. from where do I import songs (youtube music, spotify etc.)
  2. does it have a voice recorder? Looks like that from a video I saw.
    Best Jacob
1 Like

Indeed, thanks for clarification :slight_smile:
Perhaps it would make sense to update original blog post to avoid possible confusion?

2 Likes

@jacob Thanks for reaching out
The Mudita Pure will have a voice recorder. Regarding importing songs: That’s all up to you. You will have to have those AUDIO files available to upload to Muidta Pure, through Muidta Center. Since Mudita Pure does not have any third party apps, streaming music from services such as tidal, spotify & youtube will not be possible.

3 Likes

Thanks @urszula :+1:

1 Like

So… the release date is nearing… getting anxious :slight_smile:

2 Likes

@roxx We’re literally a few weeks away from the launch! I think we are all excited!

3 Likes

@urszula My BD is on the 25th. You already now what my wish is.

2 Likes