Testing the Pure on US Carriers (since March)

Has anyone tested the Pure on US carriers since March (when AT&T officially turned off their 3G towers)?

While I understand that the Pure is not officially supported on AT&T, I’d be very curious to hear if anyone has taken an active AT&T sim card out of another phone, put it in the Pure, and found out if it works or not.

Would love to hear about everyone’s experiences using the Pure on any/all US carriers!

1 Like

It works so far on T-Mobile and also on ATT via tracfone.

1 Like

Interesting, thanks! Has anyone attempted it on AT&T directly? Just curious.

1 Like

I have. It doesn’t work.

1 Like

Thanks Jose! Appreciate it. Has your experience trying the Pure on T-Mobile and tracfone been smooth? How has your call connection/quality been? Have texts been received promptly? Etc. Any difference in performance between those 2 carriers?

1 Like

Check my review in either video or written format.

Only thing fixed so far is messaging with Abc mode. If after watching/reading those, you still have questions, just write here.

1 Like

Thanks Jose. Your reviews are very helpful. Much appreciated.

1 Like

I switched out my sim card from an iPhone 13 mini that was with ATT & was working flawlessly on all calls (both outgoing & receiving) the past couple of days. Texts, unfortunately, had a hiccup where I received a few then I replied but didn’t get any responses.
So I did a bit of simple troubleshooting by sending a message to my wife’s phone (iPhone 8) & she received it but her replies I did not receive on the Pure. Did a reboot of the phone, viola!~ Texts were sent and received in a timely manner with no lag.

I cannot vouch for other phones (Android specific) that I may have success communicating with, but hope this helps. Will follow up if there are any updates on my end.

1 Like

@jarondc We’re super happy that everything worked out. Can you please share where in the US this was. It might be helpful to other Mudita Pure users in your area.

I am located in California but although the capability to send and receive texts was operational yesterday, I am now having no luck with that today after attempts to communicate with an Android device. This has created an issue for text communication no matter the device receiving or sending the texts.

1 Like

@jarondc This is interesting. Would you mind sending the log from your phone to Mudita vis Mudita Center?
These are the instructions:

I have sent my logs via the Mudita Center.
I also have tested with the second phone I received which was intended for my wife and although texts get sent out I do not receive any. With this being said, I have submitted a ticket to return for a refund as the performance is spotty, and cannot rely on this in the case of an emergency. Hope the testing continues to go well & wish the best for future updates!
(Backer # 589 // Invoice No. 12/06/2022-KS)

2 Likes

I’ve been trying on Ting (tmobile) and it’s not working. Receives texts, but continues to say “no connection” when i try to place a call. :confused:

1 Like

My Mudita Pure was able to connect for a few days after receiving a new SIM and upgraded service through Visible, which is a subsidiary of Verizon. It was able to send and receive calls and SMS messages. Tethered Internet was reliable. The only oddity is that the connection indicator appeared to be disconnected until a call became active, at which point it would change to read, “LTE”.

Unfortunately, the phone stopped connecting today immediately after upgrading from 1.3.0 to 1.5.0. I don’t know if something changed with the update, or whether I simply got lucky previously.

1 Like

@tanyl Thank you for reaching out about this.
This is a very unusual situation.
Have you switched the LTE feature on? It’s under
SETTINGS>>>>NETWORK>>>VoLTE

Have you switched the LTE feature on? It’s under
SETTINGS>>>>NETWORK>>>VoLTE

The phone says that VoLTE is unavailable, and that may be true for my carrier. The status indicator shows “LTE” when I attempt to make a call.

Version 1.6.0 did not change the situation, but I will try again when the next version comes out.

1 Like