Summer Reading List for Summer 2023

Summer is here, and it’s the perfect time to soak up some sunshine, relax, and indulge in the magic of a good book!
I do enjoy a good book & I will be the first to say: a fantastic book can transport you to places you’ve never been, unlock new perspectives, and ignite the flames of self-discovery.
I would like to create the ultimate summer reading list, which could help us dive into a world of imagination, inspiration, and mindfulness!

What are your must-reads for this summer?

Here are some other questions to consider:

• Which book has left a lasting impact on your mindfulness/mindful tech journey? Did it offer valuable insights or guide you towards a deeper sense of self-awareness?

• Are there any hidden gems in the world of literature that explore the beauty of mindfulness or provide a fresh perspective on personal growth?

• Any productivity books that just made you super efficient?

• Have you stumbled upon any enlightening memoirs or biographies that have inspired you?

Feel free to share your recommendations, along with a brief summary or your personal reflections on why these books are worth exploring.

I’ll start: I am definitely putting @Jose_Briones 's book on my list: Low Tech Life: A Guide to Mindful Digital. Since read a chapter, I want to read more. Also, I’m wondering @Jose_Briones would sign it for me? LOL Gotta slide into his DMs to find out.

6 Likes

Currently reading Subtract and it’s going great. Also, I can definitely do a signed copy haha.

5 Likes

@Jose_Briones I’m sure I’m not the only one who would want a signed copy :slight_smile: How do we make this happen?
When I click on the link on your website, it takes me to the Amazon page of your store. Is Amazon drop shipping for you? Or it just handling purchases & you’re ship them out?

3 Likes

They are handling everything. The best way to get a signed copy would be to contact me. I can get an author copy at a reduced price, sign it, then ship it :). I’ll charge you the reduced price plus shipping and that’s it :slight_smile:

7 Likes

@Jose_Briones OK. GREAT. I’ll be in touch :slight_smile:

1 Like

@Jose_Briones … Congrats!

3 Likes

Can’t wait for my dad’s book to get published - it’s coming up soon, I think. He published some fun pop science stuff about Latin, some stuff about Warsaw, a whodunit detective story unravelling on a remote Greek island, and a book of short stories ages ago.

This new book that’s about to drop is a mixed bag:

• Letters he wrote during the war from Yugoslavia
  • A dream journal
  • A bunch of his short stories, some that were published, some that weren’t – there’s even a series about ‘mountains’ in Warsaw (funny, right? Warsaw doesn’t have any mountains).
3 Likes

I have recently finished writing a little book which is the product of my personal self awareness journey which includes tech. It’s a hidden gem because it’s only just come out, is a self published artisan book and is only available on ETSY and in person (In Queensland, Australia).
It has certainly assisted me to enlightenment as it’s writing has been as interesting for me as living it. Check out the chapter list on ETSY for a dive out of the world of ‘common reality’ and into multi-dimensional awareness if you feel to - fair warning, it’s not a common topic, nor a common experience.
It’s called “End of Life Transition for Sensitive Beings - My Experience” and I am it’s writer and creator, Michelle Foyle.

I have also enjoyed Mary Rodwell’s two books - ‘Awakening’ and ‘The New Human’. They’ve assisted me to understand that I’m not the only sensitive person who exists in the world today and that it’s okay to be as weird and wonderful as I am… and choose to interact as I like with all things in this world - including my beloved MuPu! Reading her books helped me to know I was not alone - even though I felt alone at times.

3 Likes

Hi @galtions, congrats on writing your own book!:tada: That’s a significant achievement. It’s great to see how your journey has led to self discovery and growth, and I’m sure other readers might find it beneficial too.

Also, thank you for mentioning Mary Rodwell’s books. It’s always inspiring to find authors who resonate with our experiences and help us feel less alone in our unique journeys. Your post is a great reminder that it’s perfectly okay to be different and to interact with the world in our own unique ways.

Please continue to share your experiences, insights, and recommended readings! Our community always appreciates a good book suggestion. It’s inspiring to see the diversity and depth of our reading interests so far. Happy reading! :books:

@galtions Congrats on the book! You could post the link here to your listing on Etsy. We have several members from Oz, like @grilledcheesebb :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :cheese: :slight_smile: maybe someone will find it interesting.

1 Like

Hi! I’d absolutely love to read it, especially as a fellow Auzzie!
Tag me when you have the link :slight_smile:

P.s thanks for the tag @urszula :cheese::cheese::cheese:

2 Likes

Thanks @aleksander, I feel it’s a blessing to be able to share our experiences with each other.
Thanks for the invitation @urszula
Here is the link - End of Life Transition for Sensitive Beings My Experience - Etsy Australia
for @grilledcheesebb and others who may be interested.
I’ll be at the Brisbane Exhibition Centre with my little book and other joyful creations this weekend for the ETSY Made Local Market. A whole weekend of locals sharing their unique creations :smile: - and maybe some Zines and other self-authored books there… who knows? Come and check it out if you’re around the area!

3 Likes