Streaming music players

I feel like a lot of people for some reason depend on various music streaming services and want their cellphones to have them. If basic old fashioned offline music listening is not enough you can look into “steaming music players”. They are connected to internet and have applications like spotify, amazon music, etc. Please just buy yourself one of those. Streaming music is not an essential feature in a cellphone. You can find some for $100-$150. I don’t use any streaming service and I am sure there are a lot of people who don’t.

8 Likes

What I’m hoping for at the moment is maybe a soft integration with the app. Would be nice to sign in services, download for offline play, and sync to device. Had been looking at getting a modern Walkman though, and will have to look into these too!

2 Likes

Good point. Here is a review I did on one of these

12 Likes

Actually, this player is exactly the one that inspired me to make this post.

3 Likes

Thank you @Jose_Briones for sharing.
BTW I just took a look at your reviews on YouTube. For sure I will remember your channel for the later. :smiley:

2 Likes

I didn’t realize this was you @Jose_Briones . I subscribed to your channel some time ago. Really enjoy your videos.

2 Likes

Thanks. Appreciate the sub and checking out the content :slight_smile: @artistinct

3 Likes

As for me,I listen music from Spotify and use Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter to download Spotify Playlist to MP3 then stream Spotify music to MP3 players for listening.

3 Likes

@Jose_Briones, thank you for sharing your video!

Is the Kobo Android app for audiobooks whitelisted for the FiiO M6? I saw Amazon’s Audible app here, but I did not see the Kobo app.

Kobo requires its iOS app or Android app for listening to its audiobooks. Kobo does not support downloading its audiobook files to a computer. Because of this, I am considering switching from Kobo to Scribd for audiobooks after I get my Mudita Pure.

3 Likes

You can install the Kobo app on the Fiio M6 :slight_smile:

3 Likes

Thank you! Is it possible to install the Scribd Android app on the FiiO M6?

3 Likes

Also tested. It works fine, nothing stellar, but it works.

3 Likes

Thank you!

I will look instead at dedicating for audiobooks and podcasts an old Android phone from which I earlier removed the SIM card (for use in another phone).

My old, abandoned Android phone still connects to the Internet by WiFi and still connects to wireless speakers and headphones by Bluetooth. Plus, its audio quality is sufficient for audiobooks and podcasts.

I was dreaming of the Mudita desktop app somehow facilitating management of audiobook and podcast files on the Mudita Pure. But, now I realize that such facilitation would not be necessary when I also have an old Android phone dedicated to audiobook, music, and podcast apps!

Thanks, everyone, for the great discussion!

2 Likes

I use the Fiio M6 as an audiobook player! I have both Kobo and Audible books, audible is more of a pain than Kobo (hence why I use Kobo + avoiding Amazon) but both work. I actually use the smart audiobook player app on my Fiio M6 which runs even more smoothly. The music playback is excellent on it. Could be a good way to go if you’re wanting a smaller device than most old android phones or to escape google (unless you have loaded Lineage or eOS on it).

2 Likes

@kirkmahoneyphd This is a FANTASTIC idea! I am BIG into audiobooks. I’ve been a member of Audible for years…I mean waaaaay before they were part of Amazon. I think I opened my account in 2005/2006. I love listening to audiobooks on long drives & I would hate to have to give up my Audible app. However, taking an old Android phone with no SIM card is a GREAT idea, I can just download the book /books I want via wifi at home & then listen to them offline on the road, PERFECT!

2 Likes

You can also use openaudible to copy them to your mudita phone. I download all of my Audible books on MP3, that way they’re also protected if Amazon changes the T&Cs of audible.

4 Likes

@rhysjones Another GREAT idea. Thank you!

1 Like

Yeah, converting AAX to MP3 mac free is much convenient for me because sometimes I need to play it on my smart TV and smartwatch. Both of them do not support Audible. This method can solve most problems of audiobooks.

2 Likes

Stream music from Spotify for offline listening on mobile phones? I have the same experience. Use a tool called AudFree Spotify Song Downloader to download songs from Spotify to the local computer and then stream downloaded Spotify music files to phones for offline playback without Spotify premium service.

3 Likes

If you have an amazon prime membership, you can just enjoy over 2 million prime msuic as an additional perk. Besides, you can download music from amazon for offline listening. Once downloaded to your computer, you can easily move them to your phone for offline streaming and transfer them to any device without any limit.

4 Likes