Signal quality (do not remove sticker)

So in a previous post there was a question about whether removing this sticker improves quality. Well I went ahead and tried myself. First off when you peel it off slowly there is just plastic at the back so its not as if you are opening something up. I have completely removed the sticker. Still hard to tell if its improved but I will test it over the next few hours and report back. From what I have seen so far it seems to have worked! I will keep testing it around my house but so far I am away from the window and the phone which usually becomes spotty is staying connected.

5 Likes

So I for sure notice a difference. Even when I went downstairs it took a while for the bar to cut completely. I still can’t make calls from the basement but when I walked back upstairs the bars connected MUCH QUICKER. Will keep testing but I see a difference from my perspective so far. The tape removed was some sort of magnetic tape looking to block something so I am assuming this is the low sar thing. Either way I am one happy camper!

5 Likes

@cardio79 INTERESTING observation.

5 Likes

Needs more testing but I believe I see a difference…or maybe I am just desperate lol

5 Likes

All kidding aside what other purpose is there for this sticker to be here and i am assuming mudita cannot say remove it because it says do not remove lol

5 Likes

Since removing it inside by house besides the basement (where it will lose connection because of the provider not the mudita) the signal has not dropped once. Before I did this it was happening multiple times when I moved away from the window

5 Likes

I’m gonna ask our team about this because this is a really interesting observation & feedback.

4 Likes

I am honestly so happy right now. I just wanted to make this phone work for me. I just notice I am a happier person with the Mudita. It keeps my digital addiction in check. And I actually don’t mind the phone disconnects in the basement because when I am down there I can just focus on what I am doing in the moment. If my wife and kids are out I will put my sim into the Nokia 225 if and when I am downstairs. My nokia has not got here yet. Oh I did have my first drop of my phone lol. Fell out of the pocket and nicked a very tiny part of the frame can barely notice it. I love the case but more and more I find myself not wanting to put it in the case. I just love looking at the pure why deny the world its beauty! lol

5 Likes

Cool, yeah I will continue to test to see if this is actually the case but I am certain I noticed a difference if anything changes I will let you know but so far even right now my phone is away from the window and its still connected I can make and receive calls. Earlier today (see pic) I needed the phone sitting on the ledge, now I have it away from the ledge and the phone still connects perfectly. Earlier on before the sticker was removed it was not connecting from the desk. You can see one of the pics I am holding the mudita well away from the window and its still connected. This was not possible for very long earlier in the day.

4 Likes

So I have the phone now in the middle of my bed which is very far from the window. Usually I have the phone here bars will eventually sometimes right away disconnect but not only is it staying connected for 15 plus mins now but I tested out calling the phone via textnow number I have and the phone rang! This 100 percent made a difference taking this sticker off

4 Likes

Maybe, just maybe… what keeps your digital addiction in check is testing Mudita Pure connectivity in many different ways? :sweat_smile: What would happen if this phone just worked seamlessly from day 1?

5 Likes

True it would have been nice if it worked from day 1 but I am glad I got it working for me :smiley:

6 Likes

Yeah. The sticker was blocking the signal. I’ve been testing for a full day and there is no issues so far with the Mudita Pure signal. So… I think Mudita can sell the phone again without that sticker and maybe a few extra software optimizations and you should be good to go

7 Likes

Can the sticker be easily removed? And also why didn’t support just mention this to fix our phones signal?

4 Likes

Thats interesting because for me it went back to normal. I had the same dead spots I had before inside the house

4 Likes

I was using chatr though not fido and I did fido had a better signal so I am tempted to go back to fido to see if the signal is even better now since the sticker is off…amazing that it worked for you…seems like this phone is a doable option now for people in the states…too little to late though I am afraid

4 Likes

Wow, will have to try this out! Thanks!

4 Likes

That sounds great. Then I will test it in the next few days. I already thought that a copper sticker can only block something.

4 Likes

It can be removed easily. They don;t mention it because its a liability thing I think…lets say something did happen , not saying anything would but they can’t tell you to remove a sticker that says do not remove.

5 Likes

May i ask if this has greatly improved the signal of your phone?

4 Likes