Signal quality (do not remove sticker)

Well, it didn’t change anything for me. Unfortunately.

4 Likes

Thats too bad , i had high hopes for it

4 Likes

It did help improve the signal. I was out today in the movie theatre and I had the signal the entire time, it use to be an issue.

5 Likes

That is really surprising. It has definitely made a hige difference for me… The phone is actually useable. I am taking a trip today about 2 hours from my home so I will see if the signal stays strong and if the phone remains useable

4 Likes

You have to remove the back panel, and then take out the battery from what i Remember then you will see a sticker that says do not remove. You just peel it off.

5 Likes

You do not have to remove the battery. The sticker is further up .

6 Likes

Have you been able to test this further? As I said, even though I removed the sticker, I still had the problem that the signal was suddenly gone, where before I still had two bars.

4 Likes

I doubt he has. The pure did not even make his dumb phone awards list so its probably collecting dust in his drawer

5 Likes

I removed the sticker but didn’t really see a difference (at least on the signal bars on my phone), so I just put it back on. It would be really cool to know what that sticker actually does :joy:

4 Likes

I’m curious to know from Mudita Team whether the following action aligns with best practices and if it might have any implications for the device’s warranty. Typically, the instruction to “not remove” indicates a potential risk of damage upon removal.

4 Likes

There is literally nothing behind the sticker but plastic. Its as if someone just stuck a sticker in a random spot

4 Likes

I do agree with you like in my house the same dead spots exist. From what I have seen I think it has to do with the building material of any building you are inside. For instance I went to the movie theatre , a newer theather and I never lost connection. But inside my house and a hotel I stayed at I lost connection in certain spots. At the end of the day sticker or not this phones downfall was the LOW sar implementation, made no sense having this feature if it caused the phone to be unuseable.

5 Likes

@marko I’ve been testing. It is better outdoors for sure. Indoors is ok. The phone didn’t make the list because it’s discontinued and no fixes in sight as well.

6 Likes

Thank you for your answer.
If this is really the case, and there are no corrections in sight, it would be a real shame. I could imagine that something could be done about the software. After all, the hardware (antenna) is controlled by the software.
It’s such a shame. The Pure had so much potential.

5 Likes

The sticker is not made of plastic, because underneath the dark layer is a kind of copper plate, and I think this already impairs reception. I think this is to reduce the radiation on the head.
But as I said, removing the sticker did not bring any improvement in my case.

4 Likes

I tested the Pure again today without the sticker all day, on the way to work outdoors, at work indoors, etc…
I can confirm that the signal is much stronger outdoors. Often I even had the full signal strength. And when the signal goes down due to a change from outside to inside, e.g. from 4 to 2 bars, this change takes place very quickly. Before, there was always a delay.
Even when the signal goes up again, it happens much faster. This is an improvement in itself.
But unfortunately, since the last update, I have had the problem that the signal at my house no longer remains stable. Often the signal breaks off completely, does not come back even after 15 minutes of waiting, and only a restart solves the problem. I didn’t have that before the update.
But I can only recommend removing the sticker.
After a little research, I’m sure it’s self-adhesive copper tape, which is often used for shielding.

5 Likes

Thanks for testing again. My results are similar so I believe the copper sticker was to make it “low SAR”

3 Likes

@Jose_Briones Interesting point. I just reached out to our team about this to check what the function of this sticker REALLY is.

2 Likes

Hi,
What did the team say about this matter?

3 Likes

@skilletsauce I’m still waiting on a definitive answer. There is some speculation, but nothing concrete. Unfortunately the individual who worked on the early design of the phone is no longer working with us, so I have to do some digging :slight_smile:
Since this topic has been brought up, I have to admit, it got me REALLY curious about the function of that sticker.

2 Likes