Share your opinion,Which is better ? Spotify or Amazon?

I used Spotify too. I used a useful tool to save Spotify music as local songs, named UkeySoft Spotify Music Converter. It supports to convert Spotify songs, playlists, podcasts and ratio to MP3, M4A, WAV, FLAC, OGG, AIFF with lossless audio quality.

2 Likes

I used Tidal for the most part since its creation - as artists were paid the most rather than a company curving a higher profit. Audio quality is also superb (at least on the Master plan as) Master Quality audio reflects the original source and can stream up to 9216 kbps or 24-Bit / 192 kHz (typically 96 kHz / 24 bit).

However, due to convenience, as well as in a search for both audio & video content I’ve switched full time to Youtube. Has anyone tried Youtube Audio?

3 Likes

Wow, let’s say Spotify still is one of the most used music services for most people, which is enough for daily music listening. And yes, you cannot ignore its disadvantages as well. For me, it’s the annoying ads for free users and the unavailability of listening offline. It’s lucky to get so many tools that can help you to get rid of these problems. What I use is the DRmare Spotify Music Converter.

2 Likes

As a musician with 3 Albums, I can’t recommend Spotify. I put my first 2 Albums on there for part of my Digital Distribution and received .001 cents for each stream. It’s not a level playing field for artists. For my 3rd Album, I am over $100 for digital downloads after a couple of months with Bandcamp. They also include a streaming app with every digital download purchase. The listeners get to listen to the complete songs in the Album and can buy if they like it. That sounds fair to me and respects the artist for their work. I also was on Amazon, Apple etc… as part of the digital distribution and not much as well.

6 Likes
2 Likes

I am choosing Spotify any day. I think it is a fair price for a premium account, considering you have basically everything in one place, including great podcasts and so on. I know there are plenty of substitutes with better quality, but for non-audio-feel, it is not crucial :).

2 Likes

I find this discussion rather superfluous. I don’t want to buy a mudita pure only to find apps on that phone that I can’t use or don’t want to use. Spotify is a streaming service that has been in the media in the past mainly when it came to the low payment for musicians, or when Spotify has once again attracted attention for giving space to right-wing ideas (see the scandal a few weeks ago when Neil Young and other musicians had their music removed from Spotify because of this). I also find Amazon completely unacceptable. A streaming service that exploits people is, in my opinion, completely against the basic idea of “mudita”. I personally use Qobuz and Idagio and am more than satisfied with these high-quality streaming services. Tidal pays artists well, but is out of the question because of the necessary decoding of Tidal’s own High Res format.

4 Likes

I have heard that most streaming services, especially the large, well-known ones, pay the artists very poorly.
I also do not like services that use DRM for downloads or only permit streams, as you then do not have full access to what you pay to access, and are at the mercy of the whims (and even the existence) of that service. Case in point: If you “bought” books from the Microsoft e-book store a number of years ago, you lost them and have no access since the store closed. A paper book or DRM-free PDF would still be accessible now.
I favour buying the CD or LP, as to the best of my knowledge, the artist gets the most money from my purchase, and I end up with a physical copy I can enjoy for years to come, anywhere and on any device I see fit (plus album artwork and sleeve notes). I then digitise the CD in a computer or LP on a USB turntable. For downloads I tend to buy CDs from Bandcamp, which generally allows you to download DRM-free MP3/FLAC/OGG files so that you can listen straight-away while waiting for the CD to arrive.

3 Likes

…I had forgotten about that: Please make the Pure as pure as possible. I want a “distraction-free” phone and not “another” smartphone with bells and whistles that nobody needs.

5 Likes

There is no internet access on the Pure, which instantly rules out all music streaming features. Music is still available on the Pure though - you can only play downloaded tracks.

3 Likes

Since Spotify’s CEO invested 100million USD in Helsing, an AI-defence-company, I have chosen to boycott Soptify and moved to Tidal. I don’t even talk about Amazon… But mostly I listen to music from my mp3-Player.

4 Likes

Further to this, it’s worth reminding ourselves, a good way to get podcasts is to do it the old-fashioned way: Go to the podcaster’s web-site, download the MP3 and manually copy it to your Pure (or music player) before leaving the house. There is rarely (if ever?) any absolute need for streaming services.

The same goes for audiobooks and music. Ssearch-out specifically DRM-free providers, such as Downpour or Libro.fm (for audiobooks), and download the actual files. The “Defective by Design” campaign has lists of DRM-free suppliers of audio, books, audiobooks, etc.

Regarding music, I bet you usually know what you want to listen to, before you even browse a streaming-service. Just copy the MP3s to your Pure, and it will always work even where there’s no signal. Buy the CD or LP and digitise it on your computer, or get it from a DRM-free download-service such as Bandcamp.

4 Likes

For example, I love Spotify because I can listen to music on my computer for free, which is a very cool thing

2 Likes

amazon ATW, though I did have to move my playlists, musconv helped but yeah, with spotify though I do miss the free subscription since I could just leave it playing in the car and then go on my drive, you know stuff like that

2 Likes

I don’t think much of streaming music. For me, the selection is simply too big and most of the time you only listen to what you already know. Besides, these services are anything but data protection-friendly. And I don’t support services with such a collection mania.
Besides, I want to own the music.

Besides, I prefer to listen to music consciously and not on the side. When I’m on the road, I prefer to listen to podcasts.
With music, I want to enjoy. That means I take a vinyl record out of its sleeve, put it on, go over it briefly with a brush to remove dust and then very slowly lower the needle and wait anxiously for the first notes. The LP cover then goes into a stand and so I have a good view of the cover artwork from my listening position.
That is enjoyment for me.

To get to know new music, I like to go to record shops, even in other cities. It’s a great place to talk about music with other customers and the owners of the shop. And often there’s something interesting playing in the background. You also get to know nice and interesting people.
And then there’s that feeling when you finally find that one record in a record shop that you’ve been looking for for ages. Not like Spotify, where everything is just a click away.

I like to compare it to food. Vinyl is a home-cooked menu of the best food and streaming is fast food.

5 Likes

You said everything!

I canceled my subscription when Apple Music removed without explanation a couple of music I used to hear. I never more will pay for music subscription services. The only subscriptions I have now are the Apple TV (I enjoy some series) and the iCloud storage (Until Mudita Space comes out).

Now, I have a small selection of radio stations for daily work from My Tuner and a playlist on youtube with single songs.

2 Likes

LOVE THIS!

3 Likes

Yeh, I used AudFree Spotify Downloader to download and convert my Spotify library to common format like mp3 for offline listening at any device or player forever. haha

2 Likes

Spotify utilizes a really, really good algorithm to source music you actually like. Makes it way easier for people like me that can never remember the name of a song lol.

2 Likes

Spotify is the best audio streaming platform and can benefit artists and musicians by giving them revenue for the music they create. Also you can buy Spotify plays to boost up traffic on your podcasts or playlists. Famups, Sociallym, Likeoid are some best social media service provider to buy Spotify plays.

2 Likes