Share your opinion,Which is better ? Spotify or Amazon?

I like Spotify more because of the free subscription plan. However, there are still many limitations, such as couldn’t listen offline; ( it is pretty upsetting until I found that there are so many Spotify Music Converter on the internet! I compare a lot and found that Tunelf Spotibeat Music Converter is a good choice that can enable to download and convert all variety of Spotify contents, including tracks, albums, artists, playlists, audiobooks, and podcasts to MP3 or other popular audio formats. With its help, I can get Spotify 320kbps quality no matter I am using a Premium account or not.
What about your choices?

3 Likes

This is a really touch question. I’m moving away from AMAZON altogether they are just too “BIG TECH” for me. So I’ll go with Spotify,

7 Likes

I prefer Spotify to Amazon. Spotify offers free online music for everyone to enjoy. And as you said, it is easy to find a great Spotify music converter to get Spotify playlists to download. BTW I use AudKit Spotify Music Converter. Have you compared it with yours?

1 Like

I prefer Spotify. I think these 2 music services have many similarities. For example, both of them have a free version. I like the UI of Spotify and most of my friends use Spotify. I recently started to use a Spotify music converter for windows to help me download Spotify to MP3. Love it more.

3 Likes

Due to my opinion Spotify is the best music platform. To switch your playlist across more than 50 server just visit MusConv

2 Likes

Completely agree with the above, I just can’t abide by amazon anymore, managed to move away from them in all things but audible at the moment. I’ve actually found that their value proposition is pretty poor, I’ve saved on books and things by going elsewhere. Spotify is a really awesome service to be fair, it’s got the best app, great range of playlists, best discovery and I think it has exposed smaller artists to larger audiences. I know its also big tech but it at least isn’t all consuming.

4 Likes

I vote for Amazon Music. The size of the music library is the most important measure of a music streaming service. Officially, Amazon Music Unlimited has tens of millions of songs; In terms of sound quality, when Amazon Music is streaming online, it uses lossy AAC and MP3 formats with the highest bit rate. It is 256 kbps. Amazon Music will recommend music stations (Stations), playlists (Playlists), albums, and songs based on your playing activities and music collection. This is one of my favorite features. In addition, I also like to use Amazon Music Converter to convert and download songs into various formats, which will make it easier for me to add songs when editing videos.

2 Likes

I like Spotify. The music recommendation is good. I like this. And I have a useful app to keep my Spotify songs. It is DumpMedia Spotify music converter. By using it, I can listen to the songs on my MP3 player.

2 Likes

Neither. I use YouTube-DL GUI to download my music offline.

3 Likes

This. Invidious paired with youtube-dl can be used conveniently without sharing data. Plus, youtube has some obscure tracks other platforms lack, alongside most of what spotify has, anyway. Bandcamp is nice too.
Spotify is just as bad as amazon. Streaming has made artists’ enslavement to record labels even worse than it already was. The marketing to talent ratio is more profound than ever.
My stance on spotify is similar to smartphones. Even if smartphones boast many simple practicalities a non-addict can use- nice cameras, a flashlight, configurable music players, private messengers, etc., the devices just gross me out more and more.
Let’s pretend we live in a world where all smartphones use privacy respecting software, like LineageOS. Let’s picture everyone only having censorship free, privacy respecting social media as options. Where the companies who make these devices don’t have vested interests.
Life would still largely look like this:

Likewise, even if spotify has a plethora of music I like, the platform just grosses me out, let alone the poor privacy policy. Youtube is no better, but at least Invidious and youtube-dl give me some freedom in how I use it.

4 Likes

Ever done a blind test comparing audio formats/bitrates?

2 Likes

Thank you for your sharing. I think AMusicSoft Spotify Music Converter is also good. It can download Spotify songs, playlist, podcast for offline listening.

2 Likes

I don’t like either. I just pickup music on CD second hand. I rip that if I want to listen on the go. Sometimes having an unlimited amount of streaming music thrown at you at once makes your song choices less thoughtful.

3 Likes

I’ve switched to radio. Got a digital radio last year and am happy listening to chill/ambient music, world music and classical. Bonus is learning about the artists or music from knowledgeable presenters.

Since ive mentioned it, the single best discovery this year for me has been this man’s music, Joseph Tawardros. His brother too, James. Just this morning I found they have done recording with another musical sibling act, the Grigoryan brothers.

5 Likes

i prefer Spotify music and transfer playlist to Spotify

3 Likes

I prefer owning a copy of music I like. Spotify allows you to make songs available offline, but as soon as you cancel the subscribtion you lose access to these songs. You can buy most of the songs from popular artists on 7digital and music from indie creators on Bandcamp.

5 Likes

Apple Music vs. Spotify: Which is the best music app? Apple Music is fast becoming the go-to alternative music streaming service to Spotify, but which scores best overall? Here is the detail review about Apple Music VS. Spotify: Side by Side Comparison.
Apple Music and Spotify music added DRM protection, if you want to play Apple Music and Spotify music on MP3 player, you need to convert Apple Music to MP3 and convert Spotify music to MP3, UkeySoft Apple Music Converter and Spotify converter is a good choice.

1 Like

Why is no one talking about others, like Apple Music, Qobuz, Tidal, et cetera? I switched to Apple Music last month. Why? Joe Rogan. No lossless / hi-fi music and a bad reputation when it comes to paying artists. Also, they more and more seem to focus on podcasts. I want music. The lay-out of the app is bothering me. So… good bye Spotify.

I’m not even going to talk about Amazon. Are you watching, Jeff Bezos?

Tidal offers high quality and dolby atmos sound but the app doesn’t work that great. Also, the price is very high (although they pay a decent amount to artists).

Qobuz has lossless audio but again, the app isn’t that great and the price is relatively high.

And there comes Apple Music. A simple and logic -music focussed- lay out of the app (although I miss the algorithmic recommended artists which Spotify does so great), and a very, very good audio quality. Lossless! Dolby Atmos! Apple Digital Master! Spatial audio! And that for the same price as Spotify. And they pay artists decent.

I have to say Apple Music works great with… Apple. So if you are not in the eco-system, it’s quite a different experience (with iTunes).

1 Like

Spotify is the best and this is the reason I transferred my playlists from Amazon to Spotify by using Musconvtool

1 Like

I have using Spotify music for 3 years. So far so good. I prefer Spotify music service. Here I’d like to share my successful experience on transferring Spotify music to Sony Walkman MP3 player. I used this Spotify Music Converter to convert Spotify playlists to MP3 files, and then copy them to the Sony Walkman. If you also want to enjoy Spotify music on your own devices, you can have a try!

2 Likes