Pure and some issues

There are a few things that are making my brain a bit concerned.

• The signal is null or very poor, which means one line or two at most. This lead me to receive SMS super delayed or missing calls.
  • Music app collapsed more than 3 times in one week.
  • RE start itself twice in the same week.
    What should I do? I was very happy about using it, but now become a problem.
    help please!
4 Likes

@robseqio Thanks for reaching out. We’re sorry that you’re experiencing problems.
When was the last time you updated your Mudita Pure with Mudita Center?
Additionally, I think if you’ve been on this forum for some time, you’ve probably read our posts about the fact that the ultra-low SAR in Mudita Pure may result in unreliable network coverage in certain areas. Are you located in the US?

4 Likes

hello! thanks for your answer…
I have contacted the team and yes they explained this situation too.
the phone is updated, but unfortunately, I am thinking of selling it because I can’t use it in the place I live as I would like to… I am so sad about it. I live in the UK. Thanks so much.

3 Likes

Update software
Try picking service carrier that has strongest signal (I know it limits choices) since Pures antenna is simply below average in reception

4 Likes

I am doing my best, I truly like the phone and the company :smiling_face_with_three_hearts:, and I believe in their statement. thanks so much.
Any UK network suggestion? I use Giffgaff.

4 Likes

I am not in the UK, but it would be best to test prepaid cards if possible. Signal is lower indoor.

Take the strongest provider, try both outdoor and your home indoor. Depends where towers are - who is having strongest coverage. Try both at home and work, since it can change depending on area (signal coverage and strenght).

4 Likes

hi again, I am trying to figure out the best network in the UK for low SAR. The idea is not to give up but to be able to use Pure in a useful way. I still believe the music app can have more features and a basic Tetris can be amazing, even if the mission is focused on the present moment. Thanks for your help and encouraging attitude :wink:

3 Likes

Hi there, unfortunately you are on the best network (as far as I can tell) for the Pure - although coverage elsewhere in the country may vary. The most reliable service and strongest signal I’ve had across Cheshire, Staffordshire, Lancashire and North Wales has been with giffgaff, when using the Pure. I have also tried mine with ASDA (uses Vodafone’s infrastructure), and 1pMobile (uses EE’s infrastructure). Whilst EE (1pMobile) on average gets a stronger signal than O2 (giffgaff) on my un-googled Hisense A9 smartphone, in the Pure the EE coverage is worse. I suspect this is something to do with the frequencies the networks operate on, and the most optimal ones for the Pure’s antenna.

You could try getting an ASDA or a 1pMobile SIM and comparing to your giffgaff SIM. Both work as reliably as can be hoped in the Pure.

As a side-note - I’ve noticed that my Pure works best with just one SIM in slot 1. If I have 2 SIMs and switch between them, it will often never regain the signal on either SIM, or the signal will be very low and occasionally drop-out and not return until a phone restart. It might be worth having 2 handsets while you test an alternative network, if you experience similar behaviour.

4 Likes

Hi! I can’t advise on UK operators, but I can refer to your suggestions for improving the music app and adding Tetris. Firstly, you need to be aware that Pure is no longer manufactured, and we are nearing the end of support for this device. We are still working on bug fixes, but no new features will be added. When it comes to games… We have discussed this many times in the company on various occasions. The conclusion is that any games would go against our mission to deliver minimalist devices that keep users away from the screen, not the other way around. For this reason, I doubt that there will ever be games on our devices. I hope you understand.

4 Likes

I second gaming decision. Simple games like Tetris or Snake or classic Mario Bros are doable even on Pure speced phones, and can be additional fun feature. Its not an MMO, adds filled game or money milker. Think it over, simple, classic games I also believe licensing such old games is cheap in 2024 and beyond and might give additional retro appeal. Tetris on its own made Gameboy most sellable handheld console.
If not insta shippable, then as optional download done by some side company, but aided by Mudita. Appealing but not disturbing choices are always added value. Take it as idea for Pure 2, since Pure 1 is feature fixed.
Hope that at least mp3 player as current pure feature can be improved.

Congrats on Outlet store and seeing Pure back on sale, while we wait for new phones.
Minor website miss is that picking phone section shows it out of stock while store and outlet store show its available.

2 Likes

Thanks for your reply, eventually, it would help if you worked out your kind customer manners because always the team was kind but I didn’t notice this in your words, I could notice the tension and boredom about my comments.
I became a Mudita Fan first because of the values and after because of the design. looks kind, minimalist, and elegant.
I reached Pure maybe later in time, it is a shame that It will not receive any more support because many people are using it around the world.

Thanks

4 Likes

I’m sorry if you felt that way. English is not my first language, so if some of my phrasing was misinterpreted as a lack of politeness, please accept my apologies.

3 Likes

English is either my first language, even though kindness is a value, maybe you have a bad day, understandable.
Consider study about feminism and LGBT history to understand a bit more about kindness. Apologies accepted. Have a good day :sunflower:

4 Likes